Official The Labor of Hallow's Eve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having trouble uploading mp4 video into the submission section on the Google doc, the images went on no problem just not the video. Any assistance you can provide on this matter is greatly appreciated :)

If it's not working, you can upload it to a video hosting website such as YouTube and provide a link to it in your submission.

I know it might be a little too late, but i would like to change a picture of my creation. I have tried all day but Google Forms does not let me edit my submitted pictures. Might there be some other way i can send my picture to replace an old one?

I know it might be a little too late, but i would like to change a picture of my creation. I have tried all day but Google Forms does not let me edit my submitted pictures. Might there be some other way i can send my picture to replace an old one?
If you send a PM to me with your images, I’ll see about swapping them out.

Trick or Terraria!? It is that time of year again! Happy Halloween fellow Terrarians!

Terraria has just received the highly anticipated Labor of Love update across all platforms. Whether you play on PC, Console, or Mobile, the new update is now available for you to play! With Halloween coming up and a new update filled with love by the developers. We thought the timing was perfect to host a brand new contest. The Labor of Hallow's Eve!

This will be a new type of contest. Not only will members of the Terraria Community Forums (TCF) be able to participate. For this contest, we are also inviting participants from Twitter, Discord, and Steam! We want this contest to be a celebration of the entire Terraria Community as a whole, so whether you are a member of TCF, Twitter, Discord, or Steam, you'll have the opportunity to submit a spooky Halloween themed creation for this contest!

Continue reading on for the details regarding submission, deadline, and prizes below!

index.php

View attachment 383131

You will have your choice of 5 categories to submit to. No matter what category, this is a Terraria Halloween contest, so your entry should reflect both Halloween and Terraria for the best chance to win.

• Pumpkin Carving - Create a Pumpkin Carving that is Terraria themed. Once you have a carving, take a picture and submit it as an image.
  • Costumes - Create a real life Terrarian themed costume.
  • Artwork - Includes traditional drawing, painting, digital, and pixel artwork.
  • In-game creations - Buildings created within Terraria itself. Can be captured with the in-game screenshot tool or your device's own screenshot capturing options.
  • Other - Anything not specified in the other 4 categories. This can include writing, music, music remixes, videos*, and potentially anything else not mentioned in this category or the other 4.
*Writing entries submitted in the "Other" category should not exceed 2,000 words while Music and video entries should not exceed 5 minutes in length.

The Rules & Guidelines for this contest are as follows and apply regardless of what platform you submit your entry from.
  • The Contest runs from October 1st to October 31st, 2022. All entries are to be submitted no later than October 31st, 2022 at 11:59 ET
  • All entries must be PG-13, nothing inappropriate, sexual, profane, or offensive
  • Your entry must be submitted through Google Forms. You may choose to share your entry on TCF or on other platforms if you desire, but entries posted on the thread will not count. All entries must be submitted through Google Forms to count.
  • We reserve the right to share entries publicly during or after the contest - this will not impact anyone's entry.
  • No plagiarism. Anyone found to be stealing another person's work will be instantly disqualified.
  • You may resubmit your entry and/or change categories to make any changes as many times as you wish as long as it is before October 31st, 2022. After this day, your most recent submission will be the one counted as an entry.
  • You may enter only one category regardless of where you are posting from (TCF, Twitter, etc.) The category you choose is your decision and you may change your category or entry before the final deadline.
  • Winners and Runner Ups will be shown at a later time in a future announcement.
  • NOTE: All prizes are subject to availability and/or shipping restrictions that are out of our control. Should such a situation arise, we will work with the winner(s) to find an alternate prize.

Here is how you get your entry into our hands. (A Google Account is required for submitting on this form)

1. Visit our Google Forms submission link here: Google Forms: Sign-in
  2. Select which platform you are from (Terraria Community Forums, Twitter etc.)
  3. Provide your username based on the platform you are from (Ensure you follow the instructions written in the form)
  4. Select the category you are entering
  5. Upload an image or images of your creation (You may submit up to 5 images)
  6. Click "Submit"
After that, your entry will be in our hands! Judging will begin when the contest period concludes on October 31st. The Winners and Runner-Ups will be announced through a new announcement while the Ultimate winner will be decided by community vote. A link to a poll will be included in this announcement and the Ultimate Winner will be decided from that after a period of 3 weeks.

Optionally, you may share your entry with everyone by posting on this thread. Your entry must first be submitted through our Google Form submission for it to count for the contest if you decide to post it on this thread. Entries posted only on this thread will not count.

For this contest, there will be 1 winner from each category, 2 runners-up from each category, along with one Ultimate Winner picked from one of the 5 winners by Community vote. The prizes that can be won are listed below. Also, all participants that are a member of TCF (Terraria Community Forums) will receive the special Headless Horseman Participation title.

One Winner in each category will win:
  • Platinum Tier of the 1st 4 Terraria Graphic Novel issues
  • Your choice of Merchandise - Any one item from terraria.org/store up to $100
  • TCF Community winners will receive the Pumpking Forum title and Headless Horseman Participation Title
  • NOTE: All prizes are subject to availability and/or shipping restrictions that are out of our control. Should such a situation arise, we will work with the winner(s) to find an alternate prize.

Two Runners-Up in each category will win:
  • Your choice of Merchandise - Any one item from terraria.org/store up to $100
  • $20 Steam Gift Card (Or equivalent e-shop gift card from your platform of choice)
  • TCF Community winners will receive the Pumpking Forum title and the Headless Horseman Participation title

ULTIMATE WINNER - After the Winners are announced the community will vote for one Ultimate Winner who will be awarded:
  • A Real Life Meowmere sword from Fire and Steel - fireandsteel.com/products/terraria-meowmere-sword
    • It's an authentic replica sword made from 440 stainless steel, weighs over 5 lbs, and measures over 42 inches

Now let the spooky festivities begin!
Hi! I'm entering the Halloween Contest with a Terraria remix in the "Other" category. I've submitted it on the Google Doc as a YouTube Link, but wanted to make sure there was nothing else I needed to do. I read on the rules that photo submissions are required, but I assume this isn't true for this category? Let me know if there's anything I should edit on the document and I'd be happy to make changes!

Hi! I'm entering the Halloween Contest with a Terraria remix in the "Other" category. I've submitted it on the Google Doc as a YouTube Link, but wanted to make sure there was nothing else I needed to do. I read on the rules that photo submissions are required, but I assume this isn't true for this category? Let me know if there's anything I should edit on the document and I'd be happy to make changes!
Including a link to a YouTube is fine. :)

The Labor of Hallow's Eve Contest is officially concluded!

Thank you everyone who participated from TCF and other sites! This thread will remain open until the winners are announced in a new thread, and discussion can continue about the contest or entries themselves for anyone who decides to share their entries on this thread.

The scoring process has started, and will take roughly 3 weeks to complete. When scoring has finished and the winners + runner ups decided, we will have a new thread to announce them.

If you send a PM to me with your images, I’ll see about swapping them out.
hello, i managed to upload some picks but i really want to upload a short video to include, the work we went through took weeks, it was with much love but, i think i can't show anything with those 5 photos, i would really like to add a short video that i have already made

Time? Spent.
Video? Published.
Chances? Slim.
Holel? Trivago.
Got ya, i never try to hard on this kind of stuff, but terraria is my favorite game so my wife and i inverted so much time and efort in the entry, i uploaded and shared it everywhere... and the only thing i see Terraria twitter, Red, and cnx share are pumpkings and other stuff, my work is passing without notice :(

sorry bout my bad english btw.

Got ya, i never try to hard on this kind of stuff, but terraria is my favorite game so my wife and i inverted so much time and efort in the entry, i uploaded and shared it everywhere... and the only thing i see Terraria twitter, Red, and cnx share are pumpkings and other stuff, my work is passing without notice :(

sorry bout my bad english btw.
Eh, I really don't expect to be even in top 50 of entries, so I did mine mostly for the fun of it, and shared it with a few of my friends.
If it's good - it'll be seen, and it will get somewhere. If it doesn't, and if it just gets lost among other creations - then I guess it wasn't that good, and I'll have to try better next time. Either way - I don't consider the time wasted. It was fun, and I did try some new things with it, so that should count for something. :v

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom