Story The Lamentation of the Moon Lord

What should I write next?

• Somthing NOT Terraria based (Probably not on these forums)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So! Sorry for a pair of grind-chapters, but to me, they felt needed. It was not yet time to progress in the story... Because neither had I `:sigh: What I actually did was some Terraforming on other worlds, and only the first half of this grind. But, this story only has one world, (Not referring to world as in planet, before you bring up the Martians! `:rolleyes:) So I improvised.

Now, I will probably split the next chunk of story into 3 rounds. I would be tempted to do more, but that would be boring. And doing less would not do it justice. `-_- The rounds will vary hugely in length, by the way, and this is technically already round one. So, you can get a vague idea on how much is left.

That said, I hope you guys enjoy reading what comes next! `:passionate:

Speaking of Martians you should write a spaced themed or terrria otherworld story (...)
Hmm. Hmmmmm. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM... Maybe `:p

Once Otherworld has been released (And played), I will probably give that a shot. As for space themed? Not sure, actually. I usually stick to Fantasy, so Space is a pretty rare theme. Might write one though, if I get a good enough idea.

Chapter fifty: Over the Moon

Eventually, the Jungle grew silent. The Moon Lord watched as His Nemesis put away their loot, and took out their menagerie of Buff Potions, and refreshed their stock of Healing. And the Moon Lord went pale. This was too soon. The Vortex Clan had yet to be contacted. If His Nemesis managed to release the Energies stored in the Tablet, then his forces would not yet be ready to best utilize them.

His Nemesis was in their Minecart, on the way to the Dungeon. The Moon Lord did one more sweep of the stars, and even checked with Nebula. There was a lead on which area the Vortex Clan was in, but not precise enough to find them in time... Unless the Moon Lord got lucky. Tasking the Nebula Clan with the continued search, the Moon Lord watched closely, in order to send the word should the Lunar Coven fail in their task, all of the clans found or not.

His Nemesis drew the Influx Waver, sending Sonic Waves rippling through the air with every swing of the sword. The cultists worshipping the Tablet screamed as they were torn in half, with the Lunar Coven's Archers swinging around to shoot at the attacker. They met the same fate as their comrades before they could even tell exactly who it was that was attacking. The Leader, the most ancient of all the Lunar Coven, emerged as they were instructed, and shattered the Tablet, absorbing the massive quantities of magic held within, as well as the fragment of the Moon Lord's soul that had fuelled the first Skeletron Prime.

Flying up into the air, the Leader handled the energies surging through them better than expected, every fibre of their being trying to rip itself apart from the power trying to escape, and soak into the world. As the bonding process barely reached it's completion, a beam from the Influx Waver rattled through the Ancient Cultist. They responded by focusing on the power of Fire, similar to that of the Diabloists from the war long ago. Except, these fireballs were larger, and were not mixed quite as expertly, so they lacked the explosive and phasing qualities. They made up for it with pure scorching heat, and the ability to swerve through the air to try and strike their target.

His Nemesis was already flying off in the UFO though, and easily out manoeuvred the balls of fire. The Ancient Cultist cackled, partly due to the energies frying their brain, an also due to the next spell they were summoning: A gigantic ball of lightning, the spell Magnet Orb, mastered by few, and on a much larger scale. Shooting out streams of plasma thicker than most people's arms, these were dodged as well, if only barely at times.

To complete the Cultist's repertoire of attacks, after relocating via space-distortion, they summoned a massive ball of Ice, shards jutting out of the side. These shards started spraying out in waves, the force of them dislodging from the ball creating more cracks and edges to serve as the next wave of shards. These managed to clip His Nemesis, but only on occasion, never landing a decisive blow.

His Nemesis ducked, wove and jerked around the Ancient Cultist's attacks, causing them to get a little bit... Irked. And through this irritation, the power seeped, sapping away at the remaining sanity they had left. Laughing maniacally, they erected a large Magic Circle, glowing lines in the air pulsing with raw magic. Mirror Images of the Cultist appeared, to stall for time as the Magic was given new form.

His Nemesis flew closer, and swung the Influx Waver at the Cultist, cleaving them in two. And the Cultist laughed, dissipating back into the Circle.

His Nemesis would have sworn, had the majority of their attention not been directed to blasting the UFO away at max speed, and what little attention they had remaining was put towards returning fire at the REAL Ancient Cultist, now backed up by a shadowy image of themself. Oh, and a Dragon. The Moon Lord was not sure exactly why a dragon, honestly. Perhaps the energy that had bonded with his Soul fragment was close enough to that of the Wyvern's, that the Cultist had used that as inspiration. Maybe iy had been the first thing to pop into their head, in the heat of battle. Or, just maybe, they just really liked dragons, and their instability was letting it show. Regardless. it proved amusing to watch His Nemesis to desperately flee from the Phantasmal Dragon's mighty jaws.

The attacks from previous now proved harder to dodge, what with the Dragon constantly getting in the way. The sheer amount of Magic that constituted it made it a tough opponent to bring down. His Nemesis even focused their attacks on it, in order to be better able to focus on their main target. It took a few loops over the Dungeon Entrance, but the Phantasmal Beast finally fell... Just as a second Magic Circle appeared, with one more Mirror Image than before.

The Moon Lord applauded, especially at His Nemesis's expression. Oh, they were pissed now. Lunging at the Cultist, they tried attacking the right one this time. And they failed, resulting in yet another Dragon snapping at their heels, and a thunderbolt from the Giant Magnet Sphere striking them in the rear. The Cultist barely had a rip in their robe, and His Nemesis was barely clinging on, Potions not doing nearly enough to sustain them.

The Dragon chased them across the sky, snapping and snarling with animalistic rage. His Nemesis brought it down eventually, the Magic Circle not yet formed this time, but their armour covered in rents, showing wounds beneath. Summoning an even larger collection of Images, the Cultist sneered, and had trouble hiding their glee.

His Nemesis examined them all closely, and found that the light played differently on the Robes of just one of the Cultists they saw. Charging with sword in hand, they slashed, and a crack appeared upon the Ancient Cultist's Mask as the Images faded into nothing.

And they both looked down, and new that the battle was done.

Heh. Heheheh. HEHEHAHAHAHAH.

Oh, I had a vague idea on how this battle was to go. But, near the end of writing it, I figured it out, and decided to change it. Looking back, it won't be as impressive. But for those of you reading this? This comment right here? You are going to hate me later. Or love me and my genius, depending.`:naughty:

Now, speculate my fledglings. Theorize for my amusement. (I may be hyped up on caffeine + Sleep Deprivation)

Chapter fifty one: Crisis Adverted

Each one of the Ancient Cultist's fireballs hit their mark, searing their path through His Nemesis. Poofing into their standard pile of coins, they disappeared for a moment, and the Lunar Coven sent out some followers to help their leader.

The Moon Lord blinked in surprise. That had been rather... Sudden. And His Nemesis had not even been close to winning, which was odd. Normally they at least managed a collection of nasty wounds on their opponent, the previous few defeats. Looking down at the Ancient Cultist, as the power was extracted from their body and put into a replacement Tablet, he felt impressed by his subject's actions, and knew he had been right to invest his faith in them.

The Lunar Coven remained indoors that day, focusing on recovering from their ordeal. His Nemesis, once they reappeared at the Village, rested similarly, albeit with a much larger amount of grumbling, a few profanities mixed in. The Villagers gave them a wide berth, to let them calm down. Snatching up a fishing rod, they went out, and tried to restock on some of their rarer catches, planning on trying out some new Potions.

The Moon Lord made use of this time also, looking up to the stars once again. Receiving the search information thus far from the Nebula Clan, he narrowed his eyes, trying to pin-point the Vortexians. Seeing a very faint shimmer out of the corner of his eyes, he turned, and examined it closer.

It was a slight rift, a distortion that folded a small pocket of space in on itself. Reaching through, the Moon Lord finally found them. They reacted violently, but could not see what was intruding. The Moon Lord projected his thoughts, and spoke to some of those in charge. They recognized him from ancient recordings, and calmed down the populace, before listening to the tale that the Moon Lord spun for them. And with that, all four Clans had been found.

It was time to prepare them for another War. They knew what to do, to ready themselves for the oncoming battle. Reaching out to the most prominent leader of the Selenians, the Moon Lord began with them. They agreed at once, and gathered everything the Moon Lord needed in moments: The Burning earth on which they stood. The willing life of an innocent. The burning passion of a Warrior. And power, to hold it all together. The Moon Lord also reached out to a far of Star, and using it's power, wove this all together into the Solar Pillar, which not only would be their vessel for the trip to his world, but would also house His Power, reinforcing the Army when the time came.

Next were the Vortexians, already prepared with all he would need: A nearby Storm in the skies above. The willing life of an innocent. The calm precision of a Ranger. And Power. The Moon Lord provided the power of a Black Hole, and formed the next Celestial Pillar, the one of Vortex. The Vortexians crowded around it, waiting for the time they were needed.

Third up was the Nebula Clan. They had also prepared everything ahead of time, knowing that with the Vortex Clan close to being found, it had been time: Magic that could defy even gravity. The willing life of an innocent. The imaginative cunning of a Sorcerer. And power. They even had a map to where he would find a large amount of illuminant gasses floating through space. And so he wove these together, into the Nebula Pillar.

And last was the Stardust Clan. They had prepared their army well, but took a moment to get ready for the creation of the Stardust Pillar. But, after a moment, they had everything: Small points of bright light. The willing life of an innocent. The charismatic leadership of a Summoner. And Power. And so the Moon Lord tok the scattered remains of a long dead Star, and made the last of the Pillars, his Armies ready.

And so he turned once more to the world, to see what His Nemesis had gotten up to. They were done with their fishing, and were putting the stopper in the last of their new Potions. Hopping into their Minecart, they set off once more, just as the Cultists finished setting up the fully reenergized Tablet at the Dungeon Entrance.

Aw, no barrage of comments speculating? And I had been wonderfully vague! Just think, the story would have taken an interesting twist, if I had changed my mind last night in order to let the Cultist die instead. `:D

Aaaanyway, twist avoided. And I'm less mad-scientist-y, from a good night's sleep. Hope you guys enjoy what I have prepared for you~ `;)

For some reason my alerts stopped working, so I missed a few chapters. Weird.

Anyways, this is an amazing story! I've been following since near the beginning, and can't wait to see how it plays out! Interesting take on all the bosses, never thought about the player being the villain in the game until now. And that boss farming chapter was...painfully accurate.

I'm a monster.

For some reason my alerts stopped working, so I missed a few chapters. Weird.

Anyways, this is an amazing story! I've been following since near the beginning, and can't wait to see how it plays out! Interesting take on all the bosses, never thought about the player being the villain in the game until now. And that boss farming chapter was...painfully accurate.

I'm a monster.
Mine hardly ever work....

Things are getting interesting.

Technically, things have been interesting ever since this "ancient cults" plotline first started, but now they're getting really interesting. Derunih, you're a genius.

Chapter fifty two: Thank you sir, may I have another?

The Lunar Coven had recovered, and were back to worshipping the replaced Tablet in order to keep it brimming with energy. The Ancient Leader had also mostly recovered, body refreshed and ready should they be needed for battle. What sanity they had lost had not fully come back yet though, however the Moon Lord frankly believed that was a good thing... It will help them win. Or, worst case... It will help them cope with defeat.

His Nemesis soon arrived, wasted no time. Ripping through the worshippers, they mounted up, and started swinging away as they hovered at a reasonable distance. The Ancient Leader broke open the Tablet once more, absorbing the power back into their body. Cackling as their already scattered wits were blown to pieces yet again, the Ancient Cultist popped through space to a new location, fireballs at the ready.

The battle went just like last time, with few of the Cultist's attacks landing on His rather nimble Nemesis. Simply a few shards from that unpredictable ball of Ice. The real change came when the Ancient Cultist disappeared, and started the Circle again, flanked by the Mirror Images. His Nemesis hesitated, watching the fluttering of the robes carefully. With a beam of their Influx Waver, they struck true, disrupting the spell.

Staggering, the Ancient Cultist went back to their more mundane attacks. Well, as mundane as Ancient long lost magic gets, but that is besides the point. His Nemesis also did not get nearly as badly mauled this time, what with them being able to focus and all, no longer having a gigantic Phantasmal Dragon snapping at their heels, even clipping them a few times.

The Ancient Cultist's robe became threadbare, and only remained intact due to the magic coursing through it, focusing on keeping their identity secret. The practice of concealing their bodies and faces started back in the precious war, due to the persecution of any that had worshipped him during the end of the previous War, with the Solar Coven.

The fight continued, with His Nemesis gaining confidence in their attacks. The Ancient Cultist scowled, and tried the Circle once again. After a brief scrutiny, His Nemesis swung again, hitting the right Ancient Cultist square in the chest. This game of tag was going significantly against the Cultist's favour, and what small spark of cohesive thought that they retained could tell.

Summoning their dwindling strength, the Ancient Cultist sent out a new attack: condensed moonlight fired off in orbs. Sadly, these impromptu projectiles were not as stables as the other attacks, and the Influx Waver's beams disrupted the little pulses of light before they made contact. This did not deter the Cultist though, and the simply kept on trying their attacks on His Nemesis, Magic Circle included.

His Nemesis held up well, and kept in good health due to their Potions. And the Ancient Leader of the Cultists kept getting more and more beaten down, the power within starting to burst through their skin, which the Moon Lord was sure could not have been a pleasant sensation. The Cultist was too far gone at this point though, and simply fought on, clinging on to the last vestiges of their fighting spirit.

Which sadly, did not last long.

Gah, kept getting distracted as I wrote. That took several hours longer than it should have. Anywho, comments:

(...) Anyways, this is an amazing story! I've been following since near the beginning, and can't wait to see how it plays out! Interesting take on all the bosses, never thought about the player being the villain in the game until now. And that boss farming chapter was...painfully accurate. (...)
Thank you for enjoying the story so far! `:passionate: And I try to keep things as accurate as I can... Barring the Moon Lord's increased involvement, and the Solar Coven's. Which would mostly be behind the scenes in game, which is why I didn't mind `:p

Things are getting interesting.

Technically, things have been interesting ever since this "ancient cults" plotline first started, but now they're getting really interesting. Derunih, you're a genius.
... Eep. Thank you. There needs to be a Steampunker: blush icon >.< This has been largely spontaneous, so I didn't expect a lot of the "Ancient cults" involvement either.

Nice name for it, by the way. `:D

(...) P.S you spelled took tok
Oops. Oh well, I shall leave it there for prosperity's sake, as a reminder of how tired I am when I write these. Thanks for pointing it out though!

Back
Top Bottom