The Land of Jalaia (Text Adventure)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGuy

Eye of Cthulhu
WOOHOOO yep here it is. I've been wanting to make another text adventure for while now, and the first one flopped horrendously, so here we go. But first
rules-2.jpg

Annnyway, here are the rules:
1: No being a jerk to everyone obviously!
2: No matter what, you can't have a redo on your turn. No exceptions.
Yes, there are only two rules, but I am very lazy.
1: No being overpowered. 2: No Terrarian OCs.
Template:
Name:
Description(optional):
Copper Pieces(Money, or CP for short):
Base Attack:
Items:
Basic Attack:
Ability:
'Ultimate' Ability:
Extra Item/Ability description(optional):
Current Characters:
Name: Messis
Description(optional): A simple man outwardly corrupted at age 20, forced into the brisk life of a seemingly crazed serial killer. Messis is haunted by the visions and memories of his kills, and every time he takes a life, his conscience takes a blow. He's tried all his life to be a good guy, but the entity his actions are controlled by (manifesting in the form of a mask)denies all hope of that goal.
HP(Max is 500): 280
Copper Pieces(Money, or CP for short): 30
Base Attack: 7
Items: Sawblade Battleaxe: A battleaxe made out of an ironwood tree, a steel sawblade, and 2 machetes.
Fairy Wing: Came from a fairy in the meadow at the Grassy Plains.
Cookie: It's a cookie.
Basic Attack: Bash: Messis bashes the enemy with the base of the axe, knocking them back and dealing 4 damage.
Ability: Shred: Messis swings the battleaxe down onto the enemy with the sawblade side and pulls it back, slowing the enemy and dealing 25 damage.
Ability: Slice: Messis swings the battleaxe down onto the enemy with the machete blade side, doing 34 damage.
'Ultimate' Ability: Messis takes off his mask, unleashing the spirit onto the world. The spirit corrupts all nearby enemies and taunts them to come towards Messis at an extremely slow pace.
Assigned Gem: Moonstone

Solen the Slave ♂
Description: Solen is a man who had his tongue cut out as a boy, rending him mute, and was heavily brainwashed by bandits who sold him to a slave owner, he is compelled to do something when it is presented with an 'I require you to', even if it is pretty suicidal.
Max HP:100
Copper Pieces:10
Items: Bloodstained Shiv:A concealed shiv covered in blood of a previous master.
Fairy Wing
Sammich: Ham and swiss. Heals 30 HP.
Base Attack:1
Basic Attack: Solen the Slave shanks his target for 15DMG.
Ability: Rapid Stab:Solen the Slave shanks his target 3 times for a total of 45 damage with a chance of bleeding. Solen has to take a turn to recover from exhaustion.
Passive Ability: A slave obeys!:Whenever somebody gives him an order with 'I require you to', he is compelled to complete the order, unless it is to kill himself(explicitly:kill himself).
'Ultimate' Ability: A slave rebels!: Solen can disobey an order... Catching his current 'master' off guard, allowing him to deal x5 more damage... But only after doing at least 5 commands from a master, it overrides any command along the line of 'protect me' and 'do not harm me'.
Assigned Gem: Sunstone

Name: , The Suppressor
Description: No one speaks of . No one speaks to . No one hears . NO ONE KNOWS OF .
He wears a black gas mask with one, near useless, filter attached, never taken off of his face in the view of others. He wears an all black suit. He cannot be heard in any way, and seemingly can effect others in the same way. He is said to even silence time...
Gender: Male. Not like he'll be able to tell you though, huh?
HP: 150/150
Copper Pieces: 211
Base Attack: 15
Items:
  • Switchblade: 15 damage, can't be removed from inventory by outside sources.
  • Custom-Shot Pistol: 50/30 damage, can either fire a limited ranged 20 gauge shell, dealing 50 damage, doubling any armor it hits for that shot, or a heavy slug, dealing 30 and piercing half of the armor.
  • Dalai's Cloak: Belonged to the lord of the Underworld. Allows you to summon fire. The fireballs do 25 damage each, and you can shoot three before needing to recharge.
  • Topaz's Button: Press it to summon Topaz.
  • Shadow Bullets: Do 60 damage. May inflict FROZEN, needs to recharge.
  • Amulet: Who knows what it does...
  • Leftover Sammich: Why would you want this? Heals 10 HP.
  • Actual Sammich: A Jalaia specialty! Heals 40 hp.
Basic Attack: Knife Stab
Abilities:
  • Ability: Silence: Silences all sound the target makes without restraining their abilities for 5 turns.
  • Suppress: Can silence the target, keeping them from speaking or using abilities for 5 turns.
  • Passive Ability: Soul Stare: If he stares at something, they somehow know what is thinking.
  • Passive Ability: Silent: Makes no sounds (E.G. gunshots, bullets bouncing, footsteps, etc), but can't speak.
  • Passive Debility: No-Name: Depressed due to how no one knowing 's name, not even knows 's name.
'Ultimate' Ability: Time Silence: Silences all allies, suppresses all enemies, and "silences" time, freezing it for all but himself for the next turn.
Assigned Gem: Topaz
Name: Loculo
Description: https://xnax063.deviantart.com/art/Loculo-714285635 Gender: Male
HP: 300
Copper Pieces: 150
Base Attack: 5
Items: Coffins for days: Loculo can summon coffins at any time and keep any dead things in there to eat from.
Water Bottle: Pour some on the ground to call Aquamarine.
Sun, Moon and Star pendants: The Star allows you to phase through walls, the Moon allows you to fly, and the Sun allows you to shoot fireballs
Mystic Peanut Butter Tea: Limited Edition. Heals 20 HP and allows you to attack twice.
Basic Attack: SPADE!: Loculo whacks the enemy with his shovels. Deals 10 damage.
Ability: Shovel Slice: Loculo can hit three enemies close to each other with his shovels. Dealing 30 damage split out or 15 damage on just one, if they are alone. One Turn cool down.
Ability: Feast: Can eat parts off of enemies and heal himself. Heals for 20 - 30 health depending on the part of the enemy eaten. Deals 10 - 30 Damage to the enemy eaten depending on the part as well. Two Turn cool down.
Flaw: OCD: Has a horrible urge to clean and correct things, or clean up dead bodies. Is this is not sated he gains crazed rage making him attack ANYONE for double the damage but looses one turn after.
'Ultimate' Ability: Reanimate: Loculo can reanimate 3 creatures or 1 boss that he has collected to fight for one battle.
Assigned Gem: Aquamarine
Name: Adziel the destroyer
Description: No one knows what he looks like or who he is, some say he's not even human, but they do know that if you get in his way, you won't regret it, because you'll be dead.
HP:475
Copper Pieces(Money, or CP for short): 105
Base Attack: 20
Items: Helfon, Adziel's cursed sword
(60 damage) (can't be removed)
Basic Attack: Slash: Adziel slashes his target with Helfon. (Helfon's damage)
Shadeblade (70 damage) You can just stab people normally, or you could fire off a ranged darkness blast that does 30 damage. It also needs to recharge every once in a while.
Ability:
Soul tear: Adziel slashes his target with Helfon and if he kills his target he will consume it's soul to heal himself 30 points of health and turn it's body into a mindless zombie minion.
Teleport: Allows you to teleport wherever you like, but you must have a clear view of that place.
Passive: Cursed blade: Any attack with Helfon has a 10℅ chance to make the target unable to use abilites for 3 turns.
Passive: The curse of Helfon: Helfon's curse has taken Adziel's soul making him immune to attacks based on removing or destroying the target's soul.
'Ultimate' ability:
Helfon's true power: Adziel raises Helfon in the air absorbing the souls from the dead and the weak killing them and doubling Helfon's power for 5 turns.
Assigned Gem: Mystic Quartz

Name: Checkerface
Description: He’s probably human? He looks like a semi-well dressed Brit, execept there are holes in his skin, forming his namesake; A checkerboard pattern. These are areas wheee he decided to cut flesh off his face, so they aren’t actual holes though his face (with the exception of an eye and half his mouth).
HP: 400
Copper Pieces: 30
Items:
  • Flip Knife: +20 DMG. It’s worn, but is surprisingly free of bloodstains.
  • Dagger (x4): +10 DMG (when equipped), can be thrown. All of these have various spots of blood in one place or another. Whose blood is a question he doesn’t care to answer.
  • Cloak: A sick cape, befit for a murderer like him. No effect.
  • Mapple: Has random effects every time you take a bite. You might want to be careful...
Basic Attack: Attacks with Flip Knife, 25 DMG (5 + 20).
Ability:
  • Knife Toss: Throws a Dagger or similar. 25 DMG. Item thrown is removed from inventory.
  • A Good Show: Takes a sharp weapon (if possible) and cuts his own face with it, running down the grooves he’s already made. Damn masochist... Next attack does +5 DMG from the blood rush. Doubles the effects of Open Wounds for next turn*.
  • [Passive] Tolorance: Has an extremely high pain tolerance. Immune to flinching caused by physical attack.
  • [Passive] Practiced Eye: Does not disbenefit from the lack of an eye. I really like making one-eyed characters, don’t eye?
  • [Debility] Scarred: Has a 50% chance of taking +10 DMG**.
'Ultimate' Ability:
  • King Me: Checkerface glows red and a transparent crown appears atop his head. +10 DMG and grants and extra move in a turn. Lasts until the end of the battle. What god forsaken magic did he get his bloody mitts on!?
Extra Item/Ability description:
*This doubles the effects, not the chance. (+10 DMG ==> +20 DMG)
**This chance increases depending on the enemy’s aim. A perfect shot will always trigger this ability.
Assigned Gem: Onyx

Name: Anga – Full name: Aedes Zephiros ‘Anga’Also nicknamed, “The Phoenix mage”.Gender: Male
Description: Anga is just a human at the first look but also a powerful (aspiring) mage mastering the Fire art who travels kingdoms and worlds with a certain goal...HP: 250
Copper Pieces: 0
Items: Flaeli, the Phoenix Rod – A mysterious magical rod forged from an Aether source. It seems that it hassome connections with this energy. – +10 DMG.
Basic Attack: Slash - Anga attacks with Flaeli's blade. – Deals 15 DMG.
Abilities:

• Ability: Erythros Banishment – 30 DMG – Anga attacks with multiple fire bursts.

• Ability: The Phoenix’s Great Flight – 25 DMG – This ability attacks multiples enemies at once and his attack a chance ofburning hit foes. Note that the ability can’t be used the next turn. – Anga summons a pair of fiery wings and fire dual blades, then rushes toward enemies and slashes 'em.

• Ability: Fomelgia – 50 DMG – He must focus his energyduring a whole turn before attacking. – Anga creates a spear of fire magic, Aether energy, and another darker energy source, and then he pierces the opponent who vanishes (not really) in a great fiery burst.
Passive Abilities:

• Passive Ability: Fire Mastery – Damage from fire attacks arereduced by half.

• Passive Disability: Weakness – Damage from water (and ice)attacks are more effective.
'Ultimate' Ability: The Phoenix's Immortal Dance – Anga absorbs surrounding Aether and unleashes his true devastating power...
His damage dealt are doubled, but so are the damage taken, until the end of the battle. During this time, his PassiveAbility is overwritten: “Damage fromfire source are absorbed in HP at a ¼rate”. If Anga dies, the effect of the Ultimate Ability ends, and he rebornfrom his ashes with 50HP only.

Assigned Gem: Ruby

Name:aslarck
Description(optional): young kenku that well likes money a bit too much and DOES NOT GIVE TWO FLIPS ABOUT anyone else (if you don’t know what a kenku is look it up)
HP: 250
Copper Pieces:110
Base Attack:5
Items:
Heavy Crossbow, a bag of holding, a flail,and padded leather armor
Basic Attack:hits you with his flail dealing 15 dmg (melee) or shoots you with his crossbow dealing 20 dmg (at 10-20 ft away)
Ability:
Mimicry: can mimic any noise/word he hears even if he doesn’t understand it
'Ultimate' Ability: IV’E HAD ENOUGH OF THISGIVE ME YOUR MONEY: beats themruthlessly with my flail dealing 45dmg andtaking some money from the target
Extra Item/Ability description:
bag of holding: Infinite storage
Name: Vorkalth
Description(optional): A master Warrior. He can wield any weapon as if he had trained with it for hundreds of years, even if it the first time he has used it. Known as the god of war, even though he doesn’t have any godly powers.

HP(Max is 500): 400

Copper Pieces(Money, or CP for short): 300

Base Attack: 5 damage

Items:
Tiger claw: a claw he obtained from a tiger. He can wield it so quickly to the point where he can rip out your spine in a fraction of a second.

Sniper rifle: A… sniper rifle, Deals 90 damage, but takes 3 turns to reload (during those turns I can’t attack)

Lightning blade: the one and only. Think of it as the sword version of Stormbreaker and Mijolnir. Lightning deals 50 damage. Slashing/stabbing deals 30 damage.

Ability: Can turn invisible

'Ultimate' Ability: Can go into a “rage” mode where he deals 2x damage and sniper rifle takes no turns to reload

Weakness: he can’t punch. That’s why he uses weapons. A weapon less Vorkalth is a dead Vorkalth.

Current Non-playable characters:
The captain of the guard and the Emperor's right-hand man. He is rather stoic, and strives to be the best at everything.
Not much is known about him, but he is rather infamous among the townspeople.
A man from the cloud kingdom, he seems to know and be more than he lets on. He also knew the Lost Gods very well.
A group of gods that disappeared a while ago. Only a select few know what happened to them. The gods are:
Helfoni, god of the souls. Was bound into a contract by Dalai, but was still working for himself.
Plonela, lord of the undead. Was also bound to Dalai, and worked for him as a way to pay his debt.
Sacrela, god of warriors. Was always a lone wolf. He also had split personalities, with Sac, being his pale personality. There was also Rela, his dark personality. Each acted in very different ways, and Rela was planning to kill Sac.
Sesime & Saseme, bloodlords. Always had a lust for blood, and wouldn't let anyone get in their way.
Jekel, God of Magic. He is responsible for all magic in the world. He is also the one who granted the Emperor his dark powers.
Quezin, god of greed. He did not like to associate himself with humanity and other gods, and preferred to stay in his mansion counting all his gold. He is the least known of the gods.
Borson, god of war. He was feared by all, and was said to bless sides that he believed would win a war. He was rumored to be a third Bloodlord.
Dalai, ruler of the underworld. He was a tyrant, and plowed forward for everything he wanted. Some say it was he who made the gem race, and first foretold of the champions.
Two beings made by Dalai. They each share one body, and are constantly trying to find a way to seperate. They are referred to as The Judge, and they decide who goes to which afterlife.

Attachments

• Thiing.jpg
    Thiing.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
STORY
In a dark tower, two recruits are standing. A man walks into the room, dressed in dark armor. He has a glowing sword on his belt. He addresses the recruits...
"My name is Loran. You two have been chosen to serve under the great emperor. I will be in charge of training you to become the ultimate warriors."
(So yeah, that's the beginning of our story! I'll start when two people join :))

So... do our characters have to have no past experiences? With Return to Neibreth, we had opportunity to develop our characters' backstories because they already existed beforehand. With the way this started out so far, it seems like our characters have to have no past experience in battle.

Otherwise, I'll probably join with an OC I've already created.

Hope you're a good storyteller! :D

Yes, your characters will have past experience (if you want them to), but like in RTN, they don't really have recollection of how or why they're here. I'll explain it all when the game starts.

Alright
[doublepost=1512241444,1512241092][/doublepost]Also, what's the difference between base attack and basic attack?

Base attack is the attack points if you just punch someone or something. Basic attack is the default or most basic attack you have (like if you were a swordsman, your basic attack would be swinging your sword). Don't ask me why I put this, because I honestly don't know why.
Edit: found the notes I made for this. So basic attack, as I said is your default attack. Base attack is how much it does. Any other attacks and how much they do can go under the Ability section.

Last edited:
Name: Messis
Description(optional): A simple man outwardly corrupted at age 20, forced into the brisk life of a seemingly crazed serial killer. Messis is haunted by the visions and memories of his kills, and every time he takes a life, his conscience takes a blow. He's tried all his life to be a good guy, but the entity his actions are controlled by (manifesting in the form of a mask)denies all hope of that goal.
HP(Max is 500): 280
Copper Pieces(Money, or CP for short): 20
Base Attack: 7
Items: Sawblade Battleaxe: A battleaxe made out of an ironwood tree, a steel sawblade, and 2 machetes.
Basic Attack: Bash: Messis bashes the enemy with the base of the axe, knocking them back and dealing 4 damage.
Ability: Shred: Messis swings the battleaxe down onto the enemy with the sawblade side and pulls it back, slowing the enemy and dealing 25 damage.
Ability: Slice: Messis swings the battleaxe down onto the enemy with the machete blade side, doing 34 damage.
'Ultimate' Ability: Messis takes off his mask, unleashing the spirit onto the world. The spirit corrupts all nearby enemies and taunts them to come towards Messis at an extremely slow pace.

Hope he's not OP, I don't have a good point of reference or baseline for this game right now.

Hopefully you don't mind me doing some slight optimisations to your template for my character :p

Solen the Slave ♂
Description: Solen is a man who had his tongue cut out as a boy, rending him mute, and was heavily brainwashed by bandits who sold him to a slave owner, he is compelled to do something when it is presented with an 'I require you to', even if it is pretty suicidal.
Max HP:100
Copper Pieces:0
Items: Bloodstained Shiv:A concealed shiv covered in blood of a previous master.
Base Attack:1
Basic Attack: Solen the Slave shanks his target for 15DMG.
Ability: Rapid Stab:Solen the Slave shanks his target 3 times for a total of 45 damage with a chance of bleeding. Solen has to take a turn to recover from exhaustion.
Passive Ability: A slave obeys!:Whenever somebody gives him an order with 'I require you to', he is compelled to complete the order, unless it is to kill himself(explicitly:kill himself).
'Ultimate' Ability: A slave rebels!: Solen can disobey an order... Catching his current 'master' off guard, allowing him to deal x5 more damage... But only after doing at least 5 commands from a master, it overrides any command along the line of 'protect me' and 'do not harm me'.

Name: , The Suppressor
Description: No one speaks of . No one speaks to . No one hears . NO ONE KNOWS OF .
He wears a black gas mask with one, near useless, filter attached, never taken off of his face in the view of others. He wears an all black suit. He cannot be heard in any way, and seemingly can effect others in the same way. He is said to even silence time...
Gender: Male. Not like he'll be able to tell you though, huh?
HP: 150/150
Copper Pieces: 111
Base Attack: 15
Items:
  • Switchblade: 15 damage, can't be removed from inventory by outside sources.
  • Custom-Shot Pistol: 50/30 damage, can either fire a limited ranged 20 gauge shell, dealing 50 damage, doubling any armor it hits for that shot, or a heavy slug, dealing 30 and piercing half of the armor.
Basic Attack: Knife Stab
Abilities:
  • Ability: Silence: Silences all sound the target makes without restraining their abilities for 5 turns.
  • Suppress: Can silence the target, keeping them from speaking or using abilities for 5 turns.
  • Passive Ability: Soul Stare: If he stares at something, they somehow know what is thinking.
  • Passive Ability: Silent: Makes no sounds (E.G. gunshots, bullets bouncing, footsteps, etc), but can't speak.
  • Passive Debility: No-Name: Depressed due to how no one knowing 's name, not even knows 's name.
'Ultimate' Ability: Time Silence: Silences all allies, suppresses all enemies, and "silences" time, freezing it for all but himself for the next turn.

All 3 accepted. I have to fly on a plane, so the update will be a little delayed. Sorry about that.

Annd I'm back. Let's do this!

Messis (@Madder)
and
Solen (@Mr. Fury)
Messis wakes up, dazed. The last thing he remembers is... nothing. He has no idea how he got here, in this dimly lit, purple-walled room. Messis decides to look around, and sees a strange man in the corner. Meanwhile, Solen sees that the other person has finally woke up. Suddenly, the doors open and purple-flamed torches illuminate the room. You can now see that the room is just a purple room with no distinguishing features except for a well-worn couch. A knight in black armor walks in.
"Greetings, champions. I am Loran. I rule under the great emperor. You may as well forget about your old lives, because they don't matter. Now, kneel before your master!"

The Supressor (@IHATETHISSIGNUP)
You wake up, in a very foggy mountain range. To your left is a giant black cube. To the right is a large kingdom, with people bustling about, seeming to be setting up stands to sell random crap. In front of you is a lanky man on a stool. He is working on some sort of cube. He tosses it up, and it transforms into a bird. He laughs. "Be free, little birdie!"
He seems to notice you. He gestures for you to come to him.

cocks his head sideways, and then slowly and, as usual, silently, towards the man.

BTW ‘s “name” isn’t “The Suppressor”, its . “The Supressor” is just a cool nickname people sometimes call . If you at any point use “The Supressor” for simplicity, that’s fine, but remember that that’s not ‘s real name.

Name: Loculo
Description: https://xnax063.deviantart.com/art/Loculo-714285635
HP: 300
Copper Pieces: 100
Items: Coffins for days: Loculo can summon coffins at any time and keep any dead things in there to eat from.
Basic Attack: SPADE!: Loculo whacks the enemy with his shovels. Deals 10 damage.
Ability: Shovel Slice: Loculo can hit three enemies close to each other with his shovels. Dealing 30 damage split out or 15 damage on just one, if they are alone. One Turn cool down.
Ability: Feast: Can eat parts off of enemies and heal himself. Heals for 20 - 30 health depending on the part of the enemy eaten. Deals 10 - 30 Damage to the enemy eaten depending on the part as well. Two Turn cool down.
Flaw: OCD: Has a horrible urge to clean and correct things, or clean up dead bodies. Is this is not sated he gains crazed rage making him attack ANYONE for double the damage but looses one turn after.
'Ultimate' Ability: Reanimate: Loculo can reanimate 3 creatures or 1 boss that he has collected to fight for one battle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom