The Land of Jalaia (Text Adventure)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well thank you good sir." Loculo says heading over to the man and asking for a ride to the lower ring.

*Messis matches Solen's gait*
Oh, so we're going to follow a worn-down, tortured mute everywhere? Why would I ever question your judgement.

At least we're not killing people this time.

Messis (@Madder)
and
Solen (@Mr. Fury)

You walk outside. You see a grassy meadow with many flowers in front of you. It's surprising the dark tower was in a place like this. But when you turn around, the tower is gone. When you turn back, you see two strangers waiting for you. One, the female, has light blue skin and is wearing a regal-looking outfit. The other, the male, has orange skin and is wearing a tuxedo and sunglasses. He is also wearing an orange scarf, contrasting with all the black. The woman smiles.
"Hiya! I'm Moonstone, and this is Sunstone, and we're part of a species known as gems! We've been sent to guide you on your journey!"
By this time, Sunstone has pulled out a phone and is typing urgently into it. He seems to be doing something important.
"Moonstone forgot to mention that we're high-ranking royalty in the gem community."
"Well, I didn't want to mention it because I don't want to brag!"
"You didn't mention it because we had to flee, and you are ashamed for that."
"No I am not!"
They go back and forth like this for a few minutes. Meanwhile, Messis and Solen just stand there awkwardly while they argue.

The Supressor (@IHATETHISSIGNUP)
When you alk in, there are several items on display. They are:

Bullet Case: Comes with different bullets, including: Explosive, Flaming, Magical. CP: 90
Scorpion Mask: A mask coming from a far-off land. Who knows what it's for. CP: 10
Staff of the Lost Gods: A powerful staff that holds great magic potential. CP: 100
Gemstone Sword: A sword encrusted with gemstones, said to be used by gem soldiers. Awesome looking but pretty much useless. Deals 30 damage. CP: 1,000,000 (I mean, it IS made out of precious gemstones)
Lost God Artfacts:
Dalai's Cloak (which you have, so it doesn't cost anything)
The Crowns of the Bloodlords: Two Crowns, one, when worn, drains the blood from enemies, healing you. The other enhances your strength as you get more blood.
Plonela's Mask: A mask of death. Summons spooky scary skeletons to fight by your side.
There would also be Helfoni's sword, but it disappeared along with the god, and no one knows what happened to it.

Loculo (@Xmax360)
When you ask him to ride you to the lower ring, the man shudders.
"Seriously? That's where you wanna go? Oh well. Can't argue with the customers."
The man flies you down, past the middle ring and to the lower ring.
The lower ring is a far cry from the upper. There are many people in poverty and fights breaking out. Except for one person who is dressed like an upper ring citizen. You assume this man to be Getson. When he sees you, his eyes light up and he waves you over.

Adziel (@tappaja100)
The lady finally turns around. You can see that her skin is purple with differently colored dots as well.
"You'd also benefit from asking so many questions. Name's Mystic Quartz, but you can just call me Mystic, I guess. As for gems, we are a species of magical beings. We also have a very sophisticated monarchy, with King Diamond and Prince Sunstone and Princess Moonstone. Although, I have heard the kingdom has recently been taken over and King Diamond is missing, and the prince and princess had to flee."

Solen stares at the 2 gem people, and his mind sort of superimposes 2 bickering slave children he met earlier in his life over them, he then gets bored of it and decides to go kill a deer or something as he's starving.

Guess I’ll join this.

Name: Checkerface
Description: He’s probably human? He looks like a semi-well dressed Brit, execept there are holes in his skin, forming his namesake; A checkerboard pattern. These are areas wheee he decided to cut flesh off his face, so they aren’t actual holes though his face (with the exception of an eye and half his mouth).
HP: 400
Copper Pieces: 30
Base Attack: 5
Items:
  • Flip Knife: +20 DMG. It’s worn, but is surprisingly free of bloodstains.
  • Dagger (x4): +10 DMG (when equipped), can be thrown. All of these have various spots of blood in one place or another. Whose blood is a question he doesn’t care to answer.
  • Cloak: A sick cape, befit for a murderer like him. No effect.
Basic Attack: Attacks with Flip Knife, 25 DMG (5 + 20).
Ability:
  • Knife Toss: Throws a Dagger or similar. 25 DMG. Item thrown is removed from inventory.
  • A Good Show: Takes a sharp weapon (if possible) and cuts his own face with it, running down the grooves he’s already made. Damn masochist... Next attack does +5 DMG from the blood rush. Doubles the effects of Open Wounds for next turn*.
  • [Passive] Tolorance: Has an extremely high pain tolerance. Immune to flinching caused by physical attack.
  • [Passive] Practiced Eye: Does not disbenefit from the lack of an eye. I really like making one-eyed characters, don’t eye?
  • [Debility] Scarred: Has a 50% chance of taking +10 DMG**.
'Ultimate' Ability:
  • King Me: Checkerface glows red and a transparent crown appears atop his head. +10 DMG and grants and extra move in a turn. Lasts until the end of the battle. What god forsaken magic did he get his bloody mitts on!?
Extra Item/Ability description:
*This doubles the effects, not the chance. (+10 DMG ==> +20 DMG)
**This chance increases depending on the enemy’s aim. A perfect shot will always trigger this ability.

Nice to meet you two.
*Messis looks off in Solen's direction*
He hasn't spoken a word to me yet. I think he's mute.
*Messis notices that Solen appears to be hunting*
Oh god, not again.
*Messis begins a full-on sprint directly towards Solen*

"OH MY I NEED TO COME BACK HERE AFTER!" Loculo says stepping over the chaos because of his height towards the man.

Messis (@Madder)
and
Solen (@Mr. Fury)
You both start walking. Eventually, Moonstone and Sunstone catch up to you.
"Wait! Here, have this."
She tosses them an amulet, one side being orange and the other being sky blue. "Just wear this whenever you need us okay? And I promise some of us won't be as rude the next time we meet."
She grabs Sunstone's arm and they both teleport away.

(i'm going to assume you mean Plonela's mask and not the scorpion one, which has a price and is a reference to something. See if you can see the scorpion reference?)
You slowly reach your hand towards Plonela's mask. The man at the counter grabs a knife.
"You think you can come here in that weird Dalai costume and disguise, huh? Not gonna work on me, pal."
(a fight has not been started yet, but you can start one if you want to keep the mask)
"That mask there is only for the reincarnation of Plonela, not some cheap Dalai cosplayer like you. And even if you WERE the reincarnation of Dalai, the mask still doesn't belong to you."

Loculo (@Xmax360)
The man smiles, as if oblivious to everything going around him. "Is your name by any chance Loculo? I believe Plonela spoke of you before he disappeared. He said: 'I will be gone soon, but me and the other gods will be reincarnated. I see my reincarnation, named Loculo. Seek him out and tell him'."

Adziel (@tappaja100)
Mystic Quartz rolls her eyes. "Well, for delivering peanut butter of course! I can't hire workers or go to the stores myself, because I cannot let anyone know I am a gem. Gems are hunted and hated in this realm."

NEWCOMER!
Checkerface (@Creeper da Snek)
You wake up in front of a large silver wall, which looks like the barrier to a kingdom of some sorts. There is a large door on the wall. A sign says "Knock three times for entry"

Loculo does a bow and says smiling, "I am indeed Loculo, but I feel like myself and not a reincarnation. I know that feeling, I do it to people."

Just an announcement, I will no longer be putting music in the updates.

Messis (@Madder)
And
Solen (@Mr. Fury)
As you keep walking, you see a literal mountain of peanut butter jars. They read "Mystic Peanut Butter".

Suddenly, a portal opens and a box full of the stuff comes through. On the other side for a brief moment, you see a man and a woman, the woman having strange purple skin, with multicolored dots all over her face. Then the portal closes.

The man puts the knife down then grabs the mask. He then points to the door.
"Out. Now."
You exit. There are still several shops here to go to.

Loculo (@Xmax360)

"Well, believe me, Loculo, you are more than just a reincarnation. Here. Take this." He gives you a mask. "This will allow you to summon the undead to fight for you. It once belonged to Plonela himself." Suddenly, you hear a horn. "The Clouddrakes are coming!"
Getson grimaces.
"You should probably leave, young man. The Clouddrakes come every year. They kill thousands. The only one known to tame one is the ride vendor over there, and no one knows how he did it." Just then, a herd of Clouddrakes come, tearing through the feeble huts of the lower ring.

Adziel (tappaja100)

"They go to different stores in different regions. That grey one goes to a merchant in the Dalai mountains. That blue one goes to the Cloud Kingdom. The black one goes to the grassy plateau, which is where I dump all of the failed recipes. Speaking of that..." she then took a box of peanut butter and threw in it the portal. "The deactivated one used to go to the gem kingdom, but it stopped working, likely due to the other side being destroyed during the siege."

Checkerface (@Creeper da Snek)
The door opens. Awaiting you on the other side is a true city of wonder, with flying cars and skyscrapers going well beyond the clouds. There is a burly, gray-skinned man waiting for you. He smiles.
"Greetings, Sacrela. Or should I say Checkerface?"

Last edited:
"I think I'll be going now."
*Starts walking towards the grey portal.*
Fun fact: next post is on page 4.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom