The Land of Jalaia (Text Adventure)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Fun fact: I have stolen that post.]
Checkerface is a little caught off guard by this. What is this sorcery, with hunks of metal going throughout the air like birds!? Buildings that pierce the heavens!? Being from a much less technologically advanced world, all this is very startling to him. The fact that the man knew his name is nowhere near as surprising, though; It’s usually intuition and/or bland guessing that gets it, and the face doesn’t make it that hard.
“Where am I, and what is all of... This?!” he says, gesturing to all the wonderfully advanced technology.

Solen grabs the pile of peanut butter jars(he doesn't eat the butter for obvious reasons), and he throw 1 jar towards the ground(with the intention of breaking the jar) to see just how foul the stuff smells, anybody who just leaves food lying around is asking for it to expire, but expired food does have it's uses.

Last edited:
*Messis begins to pick up some jars of peanut butter and stuff them in his pockets*
I guess I'm taking peanut butter with me.

"Ah, Drakes, I love cleaning their bodies. So tell me when the time has passed and everyone is dead." Loculo says while asking the vendor to take him anywhere. "Oh and how did you train these things?"

Messis (@Madder)
And
Solen (@Mr. Fury)
Solen throws a jar against the ground. Despite appearing to be made out of glass, there is no crack.
Also, Messis obtained peanut butter! Might be spoiled though...You can see a village on the distance, as well as another alchemy table.

The Supressor (@IHATETHISSIGNUP)
You notice the item shop has tiny letters that say 'and inn'. When you go inside, the shopkeeper smiles. "Hello! Are you Jeff? A man by the name of Topaz made a reservation for a Mr. Jeff, and described you! Right this way to your room, Mr Jeff!"
He leads you to a room. It has a wooden bed that looks like it will fall apart any minute, and a wall with the paint peeling off. You can also hear rodents squeaking coming from the ceiling.

Loculo (@Xmax360)

The vendor is being assaulted by angry citizens trying to evacuate. He looks panicked. He motions for you to come over. You wade through the crowd, and hop on, and the man flys away. "That was close. I'm going to the ground to live out the rest of my days. This job is too dangerous. Oh, how did I tame Storm? Well, he tried to kill me at first, of course. Clouddrakes are vicious creatures. But I kept feeding him, and one day when I came, he didn't try to bite my head off. So I came to the cloud kingdom, and started giving people rides."
You land on a temple of sorts. It has many creatures wandering around. "This is my home, I guess. These are all the creatures I have found and tamed over the years. You may have one for 20 coppers if you wish.

Pegasignord: A black leopard looking creature with wings. You can fly on it.
Meline: A hulking creature with two sharp claws. Allows you to burrow underground.
Vulberba: A fox with blades all over its body. A useful pet and companion. Just try not to pet it unless you want to get stabbed. Fights with you.

Adziel (@tappaja100)
You go through the gray portal. Behind you, a small cube with a note comes through. "This is a portable portal. Use it whenever you need me! -Mystic"
In front of you is a buzzing festival. There are also some shops:
Food n' Stuff

Magical Artifacts, armor, and items!...and inn
Esmeralda's Fortunes and Magic
The Weapon Shop

Checkerface (@Creeper da Snek)
The man ducked as a person on a hoverboard flew above his head.
"This land is called Jalaia. The magical city you see before you is simply known as Utopia. I am Onyx, and I have been sent to help you on your journey. You are also a reincarnation. A reincarnation of one of the Lost Gods, known as Sacrela."

*Eyes burn with anger with Topaz naming him Jeff, making a mental note to punch him next time he sees him... looks at what they have here, trying to wait out their time until night comes...*

Checkerface starts to say something, then stops himself and smiles maliciously. He’s supposedly a reincarnated god here? This could be very, very interesting...
“Alright, ‘Onyx’, lead the way.”

*Messis looks at the village and walks to the alchemy table*
*Messis examines the alchemy table instead*
I guess.

Solen picks up the seemingly indestructible jar of peanut butter(probably to bludgeon somebody to death with later, or perhaps torture them with the horrible peanut butter) and follows Mesis.

"Well if I could choose I would take the Pegasignord. It looks trusty." Loculo says giving the 20 copper to him and then petting the leopard. "So do you know when those drakes leave?" Loculo asks.

Messis (@Madder)
And
Solen (@Mr. Fury)
Messis approaches the table. You can now alchemize two objects you have. Worry not, however, as you get to keep the items you alchemized with. You can also alchemize your clothes, but it's fine because you don't have to take them off to alchemize them. You have no new discovered combos, but you can spend 27 CP to find out a recipe you can make.

As you are examining the room, you hear a faint mechanical whir. You turn around just as a mech busts through the wall and whoop de doo look who's at the front wheel. "Hey there Jeff, my old buddy pal mcgee! How's the family?" now you are angrier than ever, for there is a brand new hole in the wall in your already horrible apartment. "Hey man, you don't look so hot. Didja get into a fight?"

Loculo (@Xmax360)
The man smiles and pets the Leopard.
"You be good for your new master, ok? Huh? Oh, the Clouddrakes usually stay for a few days. Anyways, it was a pleasure doing business with ya. Names Nalok, by the way. Have fun out there." The man hops onto Stormy the Clouddrake and flies off. You look around and see you are on the edge of a mountain. You go down the steps, your new pet following, and in front of you is a massive sea with a boat. There is a small island in the distance, as well as a cavern in the mountainside. It seems to be... beckoning you to come inside.

Adziel (@tappaja100)
You walk into the hut. The inside sure does look a lot bigger than the outside. The hut has purple walls with arcane writing on them. There are also crystals of all kinds here. The lady at the front smiles. "Come for your fortune, eh? Or perhaps some magic? I can also enchant your weapon for 35 coppers, and magic costs 20... I can also upgrade the magic you have."
Thunder: Fire a thunder bolt. Does 15 damage, may stun the opponent.
Teleport: Allows you to teleport anywhere you have a clear understanding of. It costs extra, 30 coppers.
Fire: Shoots a fireball that does 20 damage. Small chance to inflict burning.
Shadowstep: A weaker version of Teleport. Allows you to travel quickly around the general area.

Onyx seems to notice your reaction.
"Do not get excited. Sacrela was a god with split personalities. If you manage to Awaken your god powers, your mind will be a constant battlefield. Just Awakening your powers alone would be so difficult, that...sorry, I'm getting off track here. Anyways, this is the Silver Dome, home of the president of Utopia. Over there is a memorial built for the lost gods." he points to an area with 6 statues. One, who you assume to be Sacrela, looks exactly like you. There is a statue of a person wearing a gas mask and a cloak. There is also an extremely tall statue with a mask. There are two statues together, one being a man in a trenchcoat, holding a rather odd weapon. The other being a
man who appears to have no tongue. They are both wearing crowns. The last statue is a man holding a large sword. He looks human enough, but something about him seems...off.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Checkers (A nickname of a nickname wow) looks around the dome. Eventually, his eye settles on the statues. So this wasn't a joke of some kind... "Who're the weirdos standing with me?"

Messis (@Madder)
Solen just leaves. You could always try alchemizing blindly, but that of course would have its consequences.
You see Solen in the distance, as well as three fairy looking creatures.

Solen (@Mr. Fury)
As you are walking, you accidentally step on a flower. A fairy comes out and starts saying something you can't understand. She appears to be angry. She whistles and two more come.
Battle!
Nature Fairy(x3)!
Hp: 30
Vs.
Solen!
Hp: 100
The first fairy starts chanting something, while the second attacked. 10 damage! The final fairy threw a poisoned dart, but you managed to dodge it.

Topaz laughs. "Excuuuse me, but I didn't hear you object to me calling you Jeff. I just wanted to check up on you, and then you slap me! What kind of a way is that to treat your houseguest, huh?"

Loculo (@Xmax360)
You enter the cave. Suddenly, you find yourself in a strange place. It appears the cave was a portal. All around you are ruined castles and homes made out of crystal. Everyone seems extremely discouraged as they trudge around, fixing whatever they can. You see a rainbow of skin colors, and spot Aquamarine among the crowd. He, too looks very sad as he moves various broken objects around. Your leopard whines. It appears even he isn't happy to be here.

Adziel (@tappaja100)
Esmeralda shoots a ray at you. Learned Teleport! You exit the place. The Magical Artifacts and Items and inn has a gaping hole in the wall. You can hear someone cheerfully talking on the other side.

"The one in the cloak is Dalai, who ruled the underworld. He had two of the gods in his debt, one being the tall one, Plonela, lord of the undead. He payed off his debt by doing small tasks for Dalai. Helfoni, that human looking one and the lord of souls, however, paid off his debt by killing whoever got in Dalai's way. There was also Sesime and Saseme, twin rulers of blood. They plowed through everything in their path, but then Sacrela, the god of warriors, stopped his tyrannical rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom