The Land of the Dead (Text Adventure)

Phaedra looks back at where he came from.
"You guys meet me at the exit. I'm going to find that doll."
Phaedra begins briskly walking towards the door Dollie went through.

GREEN FINE, HE TOUGH! SPARKLE MAN DIE!
The Mohawker grunts go for an oddly co-ordinated attack to crush the Tingler's ribs with their clubs, it seems like they were taught a few tricks by the green.

Simplified;2 Basic Attacks targeting the Tingler's ribs.
◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►
On a side note, I personally imagine the Tingler's armor to be unusually shiny despite probably being filthy, hence the sparkle man remark.(I think he has armor anyway, not entirely sure)

Last edited:
I start banning on the window and yell at Grimal “HEY GET THE **** IN HERE YOU ****BAG! I NEED TO TALK TO YOU!”

~~~~Radio~~~~
Now Playing: Elton Britt - Uranium Fever

~~~~Greyton (@Xmax360)~~~~
HP: 274/301 LVL: 2
Current Location: The Overgrowth: Grimwich City
~~~And~~~
~~~~Fred (@tappaja100)~~~~
HP: 79/200 LVL: 1

Fred tells the RED team to shut up.
Greyton goes over to the table and slams fist onto their table angrily
RED small lad: Oh, i’m sorry, I wasn’t aware that our conversation included you chucklenuts.
The scout yells towards Fred
Soldier: Yeah, This is AMERICAN soil maggot, WE ARE FREE TO HAVE AS LOUD OF A CONVERSATION AS WE PLEASE!
The medic takes a sip of his drink
Medic: Actually, we are in Purgatory..
Soldier: ....
….
AMERICAN Purgatory! After all, ONLY US AMERICANS WERE LUCKY ENOUGH TO ENTER THIS WONDERFUL HELLHOLE!
Do you SEE any other countries having their spirits being dumped in here?! NO SIR!

Medic: ….
Mika: I’m from Russia.
Soldier: ...

The Demoman slowly falls under the table due to being asleep.

~~~~The Despicable Varvin Arthan (@Person999)~~~~
HP: 231/254 LVL 2
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor L Room
~~~And~~~
~~~~Phaedra (@Madder)~~~~
HP: 319/425 LVL:2
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Study
~~~And~~~
~~~~Magnus (@TheGuy)~~~~
HP: 452/452 LVL 2
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor L room.
~~~And~~~
~~~~Dollie (@Sky High)~~~~
HP: 200/200 LVL: 1
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First floor study

Phaedra temporarily leaves the group to backtrack and find the doll,
He goes as far back as the Study with Grimals Crystal to find her floating there.

------------------------------------

Magnus watches as Varvin bangs on the window trying to get the attention of grimal, grimal returns and looks at the window
Grimals voice is a bit muffled due to being on the other side of indestructible glass
Grimal: Hey you guys, you want to talk to me? I’ll be just up ahead outside of the kitchen grilling, just come meet me there.
Grimals voice, although the two DID hear what he said, it was hard to hear because… well.. You know.

Alternatively you guys could wait for Phaedra to return from his doll search, for some odd reason a heavy feeling of dread is coming from the hallway up ahead, and unfortunately it’s the ONLY path in the castle to progress…
Be Prepared.

~~~~Brother Garrun (@IHATETHISSIGNUP / Jedinate)~~~~
Body HP: 210/210
Head HP: 200/200 LVL:2
Current Location: The Overgrowth: Grimwich City Gates

Garrun continues walking. As he continues to walk, he notices a drawing taped to a tree, it seems to be a child’s drawing of a tall figure with no facial features… probably nothing at all!

As he continues walking, he notices a town in the distance! And quickly runs to it. He is stopped at the gate by a knight wearing red armor, this man is seemingly some sorta anthropomorphic Jackal with black fur.
Crimson Guard: Halt there traveller! What business do you have in grimwich city?
He stares garrun down.
Crimson Guard: Perhaps you are merely just a drifter looking for a place to stay, OR ARE YOU PALADIN SCUM?! ANSWER M-
Another Crimson Guard approaches, this one is a skeleton and according to the voice, female.
Skeleton Guard: Enough Al, This man is clearly not a paladin.
Al: BUT HOW WOULD WE KNOW?!
The skeleton pushes Al away and tells him to go get a drink and cool off.
Skeleton Guard: Sorry about him, Paladins enjoy skinning the Anubis race for fur, so he is extremely on edge for Paladin Attacks. Welcome to Grimwich city!

~~~~Benevolent Tingler (@Deputy Hue)~~~~
Body HP: 300/300
Head HP: 300/300 LVL 1
Current Location: Pumpkin Yard: Truce Town

Checklist:
Ghoul Eye: get these from Ghouls, they are all over the damn place, just leave town and look for the starving clawed humanoids.
Rotten Brain: Obtain these from Feral Zombies, another common monster. They aren’t using these anymore anyways.
The Mohawk of a Mohawker: There is a small small camp of them to the west of town, just take this shaver, get it for me and flee. At least i THINK That is hair…

The two mohawkers go to perform a really neat att-
Tingler moonjumps into the air leaping right over them and lands in the river, causing a large rave to smack the mohawker grunts, tingler than makes the noise of a jet engine taking off as he proceeds to speed down the river to the Elite Mohawker
Elite Mohawker: NO.. NO! STAY AWAY FROM ME!
Tingler turns into a tornado as he plugs up his shaver into one of those famous electric free river plugs (™) and proceeds to try to shave the mohawkers mohawk, but the mohawkers sheer Body Builder essence prevents it!

Elite Mohawker: HA! You shave like a soul spider!

Tingler slowly reaches into his pocket as the elite mohawker gets more and more scared, dramatic music plays as Tingler pulls out a Chainsaw.
Screams of pain can be heard as the “camera” zooms out to the full moon, it then cuts back to tingler standing on the shoreline holding mohawker hair.
The two grunts look at tingler, as tingler slowly turns in their direction, The mohawkers flee in fear
Grunt: BIG HENRY NEEDS TO KNOW! SPARKLE MAN IS THE END TIMES!
Grunt 2: THE CHAOS GOD IS HERE, RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!

You won!
Gained Mohawker fear.
You have obtained a new perk!
The Mohawker Boogeyman: You are feared by the Mohawker race.

Last edited:
“It’s fine, I’ve only been here for a couple hours and I’ve already tussled with them when they attacked me and a zombie priest. Thank you for the welcome.”
*Garrun takes a few steps before blindly walking into someone.*

I proceed to run directly for the place that Grimal said he would be and say “You heard him! C’mon!”

"You play a dangerous game thinking you can just take over a place because of where you come from, I come from Boringville and I don't Iike those with much pride." Greyton says holding his hand in a fist.

Dollie senses that something terrible is coming, and really wants to leave anyways. Seeing as how Phaedra is too stupefied to do anything, it goes back from where it came from.

"Mind following me before I lose myself? That didn't sound quite right... Whatever!"

"You have a very odd voice."
Phaedra makes sure Dollie is heading towards where he left Magnus and Varvin, and follows her.
He walks part of the way in silence, pondering how to approach her.
He takes on a somber tone.
"I recognize your form. This doll was in Matthew MacQuoid's house when I brokered the sale of those Russian spy identities."
Phaedra looks down at Dollie.
"Are you that voice we heard echoing through the bowels of that god-forsaken man's cellar in the week we spent scouting the place?"

Last edited:
Dollie stops.

"Now I know his name..."

Then, a bullet shoots out of it, barely grazing Phaedra. (This shouldn't damage.)

Dollie flies right into Phaedra's face and locks eyes with him.

"Listen.

"I don't know WHO you are, Phaedra, but you're going to stay with me until I can find that person - Matt McQuiddich, right? - and kill him. But if you tell anything to L - my owner, I SWEAR I will -"

Dollie stops and gets less tense.

"You look familiar... hi!"

~~~~Meanwhile Elsewhere…~~~~

A cloaked figure is seen holding his hands against a wall
Figure: Soon, my sorrow will be all over, yes… VERY soon…
Heh… Rhylyth Sweet Rhylyth, i will see you once more…

The figure is lightly sobbing AND laughing as it is holding the candle lit wall.

A big figure approaches, it’s a big mohawker with an Eyepatch.
???: You wished to see me?
Female voice: Yes, You were paged almost an hour ago, and somehow I got here first, what took you?
The Big Mohawker looks in the direction of the female voice, a dragon wolf is seen sitting on a nearby branch in this strange very tree-like room.
Mohawker: Hmmph. I had to attend to a crisis in Mohawkopolis.
Dragon Wolf: Yes yes, your pea brained people are always getting into crises. Why DO you care for them henry?
Big Henry: Why bother explaining my reasons, You Dragon wolves would never understand.
Dragon Wolf: HOW DARE YO-
Cloaked figure: HENRY! ARUZA! BE QUIET!
The cloaked figure turns around, glowing pink eyes staring down Big Henry and Aruza
Cloaked Figure: How can i even remotely think, with you two starting a fight?! As far as i can see, both of you are nothing more than feeble minded beasts.

The cloaked figure falls to its knees.

Big Henry: Lord Myeconn, are you alright?
Myeconn: Yes yes, i’m fine. My health state is not important.
But what is important, is that Death’s Chosen have finally awoken.
I want you two to capture one, and bring them to me. Otherwise, my ritual might never be completed…

Suddenly, a mohawker bursts in and warns big henry of an overly edgy man and a ghost, he is handed a drawing:
Untitled.png

While another mohawker runs in and warns big henry of the Mohawkers Boogeyman.
Big Henry: This news disturbs me, and this mans edge infuriates me…

Big Henry gets more information about the edgy man and his pet ghost from the mohawker.
Big Henry: Crimson Guard? Than they might be in Grimwich. I’ll be sure to bring the razor-edge one back to you Lord Myeconn.

Big Henry leaves the room.
Aruza: And i’ll get back to doing nothing at all.
Aruza leaps out of the room as myeconn goes back to holding his wall
Myeconn: Soon...

~~~~Radio~~~~
“13th Street radio is brought to you by 13th street mall, You already dropped, but you can shop till you…. Well, as we said you already dropped.”

~~~~Greyton (@Xmax360)~~~~
HP: 274/301 LVL: 2
~~~And~~~
~~~~Fred (@tappaja100)~~~~
HP: 79/200 LVL: 1

The Soldier is thinking, if the bar keep is russian, then who else could possibly be unamerican?!

Scout: Yeah sure whatever you say pal
The scout says as he brushes off Greytons comment and returns to trying to talk with the rest of his team.

~~~~The Despicable Varvin Arthan (@Person999)~~~~
HP: 231/254 LVL 2
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Dining Room
~~~And~~~
~~~~Phaedra (@Madder)~~~~
HP: 319/425 LVL:2
~~~And~~~
~~~~Magnus (@TheGuy)~~~~
HP: 452/452 LVL 2
~~~And~~~
~~~~Dollie (@Sky High)~~~~
HP: 200/200 LVL: 1
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First floor Dining Room

The entire situation with Dollie and Phaedra goes down, but before Phaedra has a chance to respond to dollies moment, she returns to flying away, phaedra follows her and eventually makes it back to the L hallway, they keep going on ahead and manage to regroup with Magnus and Varvin before they enter the next room.

Inside the room is a small hall leading to a door, a skeleton holding a plate of food and in a waiter costume is seen, he notices the group and tosses a plate of potatoes at Varvin before running into the wall and collapsing.

As the group enter the next room, they find that they are in a giant dining room, a huge chandelier hangs from the ceiling. A large dining room table also takes up the room. At the very end of the table is a mound of rotting flesh, a tall and skinny deer-like creature is chowing down when it notices the group of 4.

It lets out a shrill screech before crawling onto the dining room table and sprinting madly at the four survivors, as the four readies up to fight, it lets out a pain screech and stops in its tracks.
A Spear has been pierced through its chest. Behind the beast, a knight wearing the same decorative armor that has been seen in a few rooms of the castle is standing there, it draws the spear from the beasts stomach and kicks it aside.

The knight stares at the group before slowly walking over to the exit door and holding his hand on it. A barrier appears over it. The knight then looks mainly at Varvin and points his spear towards him.

Empty Armor draws near!

(And just like that, it’s time for the games First Bossfight! Goodluck!)

~~~~Brother Garrun (@IHATETHISSIGNUP / Jedinate)~~~~
Body HP: 210/210
Head HP: 200/200 LVL:2

Skeleton: Zombie Priest? Don’t suppose you mean Father Marvin, glad to see the old guys still with us.

Well, if you are looking for a place to get some rest, or food. The Marketplace or Mikas bar&inn could help ya out, otherwise enjoy grimwich!

~~~~Benevolent Tingler (@Deputy Hue)~~~~
Body HP: 300/300
Head HP: 300/300 LVL 1
Current Location: Pumpkin Yard: Truce Town

Checklist:
Ghoul Eye: get these from Ghouls, they are all over the damn place, just leave town and look for the starving clawed humanoids.
Rotten Brain: Obtain these from Feral Zombies, another common monster. They aren’t using these anymore anyways.
The Mohawk of a Mohawker: There is a small small camp of them to the west of town, just take this shaver, get it for me and flee. At least i THINK That is hair… [DONE]

Tingler goes exploring for a zombie, hopefully a feral one.
But first tingler quickly stops to visit a therapist so that he will never have rage like that again.
The therapist asks for money in exchange for his services, tinglers wallet cries as he runs out without paying.

As Tingler roams he finds an old ruined shack. And lingering nearby is indeed a Feral Zombie!
But.. There is also an unusually fat zombie very close by as well… What now?!

Last edited:
The Empty Armor looks like it visibly heats up for a moment, making movements as if it were a kettle heating up, this overly dramatic buildup was just a casting of Sizz...

(What? Were you expecting more? There's not many ways to make casting a spell interesting...)

Back
Top Bottom