The Land of the Dead (Text Adventure)

“I don’t trust you, so I will not give you my name, but I will not kill you. Ignore me, and I will ignore you. Agreed?”
I say as I back off from him.

"I suggest not going to the one that sounds and looks likes it will kill us." Greyton says going in the direction of the castle of souls.

"I believe our best chance would be trying 13th street, sounds most like a town, and the radio comes from there."

"Normally I would be mad right now, and I am, but because you made an at least fair point. I will agree with you. This time." Greyton says heading in the direction of 13th street. "If we die, this is all you."

Phaedra staggers back.
"Holy hell, woman..."
Phaedra fires his revolver at the maid.
"You're a sick dog."

~~~~Radio~~~~
*Music Plays*

~~~~Greyton (@Xmax360)~~~~
HP: 274/300 LVL: 1
Current Location: The Overgrowth: Roadside
~~~And~~~
~~~~Fred (@tappaja100)~~~~
HP: 199/200 LVL: 1

Fred and Greyton decide that 13th street is probably more of a town than an ominous sounding castle.
As they continue walking their path they hear gun fire, they continue walking until the gunfire sounds just up ahead, they hide and look.
There they see what appears to be two people wearing crimson colored light armor holding shotguns firing off at two large… whatever these things are:
Mohawker.png

One is orange, the other is a more blueish color. Another blue one is lying dead on the ground nearby. This fight appears to be in the middle of the road too….
Creature: DIE UNDEAD SCUM!
Creature 2: YOU’LL PAY FOR WHAT YOU’VE DONE!
The creatures both have spiked clubs and are swingingly them carelessly at the Knights
Crimson Knight: Arrgh.. Why can’t our watch get a hold of them?
Crimson Knight: Stand your ground rookie, These Mohawkers may just be grunts, but one direct hit from their clubs, and we may join their dead friend there...

~~~~Phaedra (@Madder)~~~~
HP: 319/425 LVL:2
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Hallway.

Phaedra: 319/425
VS
Reflective Assassin: Fled!
Skeleton Maid: 0/50 [BUFF] [RAGE!]

Phaedra fires his gun, it did 30 damage to the maid, the maid swings her broom! It missed.
The Reflective Assassin has fled!
YOU WON!
Gained 24 exp and 0 DT.
Phaedra is now Level 2!
Max HP Increased by 5!
Level up one more time to be able to pick a new perk!

Now that the battle is over, you catch your breath after being crit with a broom from hell. You hear an angry man threatening someone or something on the other side of the door that you were walking towards before that assassin jumped you...

~~~~Brother Garrun (@IHATETHISSIGNUP / Jedinate)~~~~
Body HP: 200/200
Head HP: 200/200 LVL:1
Current Location: The Overgrowth: Nearing the Church of the Reaper.

Garrun: 185/200
VS
Paladin Recruit: 20/60

The Paladin Recruit goes to do a leg sweep! But somehow misses and ends up kicking himself in the face for 30 damage. Due to his steel boot also having a decorative spike on it…
The Paladin yells out in pain “DAMMIT!
Garrun falcon kicks him in the crotch, it did did 10 damage and at least 18,000 emotional damage.
Recruit: NO MORE! I YIELD!
The Other recruit steps in.
Recruit 2: This rotter is too much, WE’VE GOT TO ESCAPE!
Recruit 2 drags Recruit 1 away, YOU WON!
Gained nothing, since no one actually died.

Father Marvin: Good… They left.
Are you alright my son?

Father Marvin casted Fullheal, Garrun’s wounds have fully healed!
Father Marvin: i was bringing you to my church to be protected from THEM mostly, but i see that you can handle yourself. There are two towns nearby, should you want to go to a safer location, Grimwich City lies to the east, while 13th street is to the much farther west.

Father Marvin unlocks the door to the church
Father Marvin: i don’t know how much of a safe haven it will be now that the paladins were lingering around it, But feel free to come in for a bit before you decide to head out… anywhere really.
I offer a service other than prayer, i can enchant weapons or armor to ensure that you deal with certain creatures faster, or are protected from certain creatures more. Likewise, my assistant Emily owns a shop, but i wouldn’t expect her to talk…

Father Marvin enters.
Do you enter? Or do you head off towards one of the towns marvin mentioned?

~~~~Varvin Arthan (@Person999)~~~~
HP: 250/250 LVL 1
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Study.

Grimal cheerfully seems to understand that you are leaving, but does not understand the ignore you part.
Grimal: Well my vampire friendo if you ever need to get to Grimwich City faster, its Dimensional Crystal is still working… i just need to figure out why this castles crystal is broken…
Grimal pulls out a wrench and starts beating on the crystal. He looks disappointed that it did not fix it…
The fighting from the door nearby sounds like it’s coming to a stop...

~~~~Benevolent Tingler (@Deputy Hue)~~~~
Body HP: 300/300
Head HP: 300/300 LVL 1
Current Location: Pumpkin Yard: Windmill

Tingler picks up the TV and tosses it out the window.
YOU WON!
Gained 0 EXP and 0 DT.
Gained 0 Arms
Gained 0 Hands
Gained 0 Jesuses
Gained 0 Owls

Tingler slowly sneaks downstairs, before accidentally fat rolling down them and falling all the way down back to the first floor. The sound stopped.
As Tingler stands up and acts quiet, the strange noise starts acting up again, it’s coming from the dark dank basement, should you investigate or leave the windmill?

~~~~Magnus (@TheGuy)~~~~
HP: 450/450 LVL 1
Current Location: The Ashlands: Sprawling Sands

Magnus continues his travelling, nothing special happens. He continues travelling
Man the desert is full of a whole lotta nothing..
As he continues travelling he finds a small sandswept ruin. Jackal-like humanoids are seen all over the glyphs on the ruined wall.
???: Tragic is it not?
Magnus turns around to find An Anubis wearing a long elegant robe. As well as golden bracers.
???: This ruin here once belonged to the first Anubians who roamed the land, But now is nothing more than a sandy ruin...

Greyton whispers to Fred "Now, I'm not gonna lie, I think getting on the good side of the people with actual guns would be a smart idea."

(Benevolent Tingler)
After breaking his somewhat existant neck and being mildly weirded out,
Tingler puts his head back on and proceeds to cartwheel out of the mill.

Grimal cheerfully seems to understand that you are leaving, but does not understand the ignore you part.
Grimal: Well my vampire friendo if you ever need to get to Grimwich City faster, its Dimensional Crystal is still working… i just need to figure out why this castles crystal is broken…
Grimal pulls out a wrench and starts beating on the crystal. He looks disappointed that it did not fix it…
The fighting from the door nearby sounds like it’s coming to a stop...

I ignore his blabbering and search the bookshelves for a good book. Whatever that may be for a 14th century crusader in a land of dead people.

quietly "That seems best to me as well, considering the creatures probably wouldn't like us."

"Yeah, so who would they trust more, a ghost or a dead man? Actually you go I might get angry if they disagree."

~~~~Radio~~~~
*Music Plays*

~~~~Greyton (@Xmax360)~~~~
HP: 274/300 LVL: 1
~~~And~~~
~~~~Fred (@tappaja100)~~~~
HP: 199/200 LVL: 1

As Fred and Greyton discuss how they should go about thi-
Mohawker Grunt: SOMEONE ELSE IS HERE!
The Mohawker swings it’s club destroying the cover that the two were hiding behind

Mohawker Grunt: GARRGH! OUTNUMBERED?
Other Grunt: NO, THEY ARE OUTMATCHED!
Crimson Knight: Stay away from those innocents!
One of the Mohawker Grunts begins to walk towards Greyton and Fred

A Mohawker Grunt draws near!

~~~~Phaedra (@Madder)~~~~
HP: 319/425 LVL:2
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Study
~~~And~~~

Phaedra enters the door and finds a room with many bookshelves, a couch, a fireplace, which is the only thing illuminating the room.
He also notices a man trying to read some of the books, he looks annoyed, there is also a shadowy creature wearing a mask trying to talk to him while banging a wrench into a floating black crystal.

Grimal: So vampire man whose name i still do not know, why are you so upset? Did i do something wrong? Deaths been keeping me around because he said that i’m harmless…
*Gasp*
I haven’t *Sniff* Harmed you somehow did i?!

The moment phaedra starts walking down the stairs leading to the door, Grimals sadness disappears as he quickly turns towards Phaedra
Grimal: HI THERE I’M GRIMAL!
Phaedra is caught off guard by how quickly he turned to him…

Varvin shuffles through the books and finds a one that catches his eye for some reason.
13 signs to know that you are dead
Are you breathing?
Are you no longer human looking? Or if you are, are you breathing?
Do masked shadow people try to strike up friendly chats with you?
DId you mysteriously wake up outside in a forest, or in a castle?
Has anyone mentioned Death to you lately?
Number 6 is scratched off and replaced in red marker saying JOIN THE PALADINS!
Number 7 is also scratched off and replaced in blue marker saying GO TO HELL!
Number 8 you know the drill, it’s replaced with red marker saying Okay with a sad face drawn on it. You put the book down because you are done with this..
He also finds a book that seems to be an ad for a weapon shop down in Grimwich City.
But otherwise, the shelf is full of classic literature and spell grimoires…

~~~~Brother Garrun (@IHATETHISSIGNUP / Jedinate)~~~~
Body HP: 200/200
Head HP: 200/200 LVL:1
Current Location: The Overgrowth: Church of the Reaper

Father Marvin: I mainly just kept putting him to sleep, it seemed to annoy him to be powerless against the one undead type that the Paladins view as the Easiest to dispose of…

As the two enter the church, a gargoyle looking creature stairs at the two, notices Garrun, then quickly flees behind a nearby shop stall.
Father Marvin: Calm down Emily, he won’t attack you.
Sorry for her scaredness, She’s had a hard life and strangers frighten her because of it.

Now then my child, The enchantments i offer are the following, But do note that i will require a small donation of DT for my services.

All weapon enchantments prices of 100 DT, Armor enchantments are 300 DT.
Weapon Enchantments include:
Rot-away: Deal Extra damage to Rotting type foes.
Bone Breaker: Deal extra damage to Skeletal type foes
Mediums Shock: Allows you to deal normal damage to Spectral foes
Skinning Strike: Deal extra damage to Lost Soul type foes.
Hunters Essence: Deal extra damage to Animal type foes
Exorcist: Deal extra damage to Demon type foes
Destruction: Deal extra damage to Material type foes
Dissected: Deal extra damage to Alien type foes
H. P. Numbcraft: Deal slightly more damage to Eldritch type foes
Sapping: Deal extra damage to Robots and Vehicles
Sunlight: Deal extra damage to Vampires
Weed Wacker: Deal extra damage to Plant type foes

I currently only know one armor enchantment at this time:
Element Resistance: Grants some extra resistance against Fire,Ice,Water,Wind and Shock attacks.

The only other things in the room aside from Marvin and Emily that has been nailed shut, a sign nearby saying “Forsaken inside.”

~~~~Benevolent Tingler (@Deputy Hue)~~~~
Body HP: 300/300
Head HP: 300/300 LVL 1
Current Location: Pumpkin Yard: Hillside

Tingler rolls out of the windmill, the only ways to go are a path leading down the hill, the sight of a town down the hill can still be seen. You can no longer see the skyscrapers in the distances anymore due to the fog from the rain.

Suddenly, tingler hears a noise, he looks as a man is stumbling around the path, he looks like an average human. He stares up at Tingler
Man: You… Got money? GOT GEL?!
He smashes a bottle and runs towards tingler
Gel Head: I NEED IT! GIVE IT TO ME!

A Gel Head draws near!

~~~~Magnus (@TheGuy)~~~~
HP: 450/450 LVL 1
Current Location: The Ashlands: Sprawling Sands

???: I am Emperor Strixis. First of the Anubians and last remaining survivor of the ruins we stand before.
One of Deaths First Dead.

Strixis’s tone gets a little bit sadder
Strixis: Which means i never was a living person… But enough about me, YOU my friend seem like you are new to H- The Land of the Dead.

(Benevolent Tingler)
Tingler looks into his sad dusty medieval wallet and realizes he isn't giving up his sad one coin.
Tingler kicks him in the shin.

Back
Top Bottom