The Land of the Dead (Text Adventure)

~~~~Phaedra (@Madder)~~~~
HP: 319/425 LVL:2
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Foyer
~~~And~~~
~~~~Varvin Arthan (@Person999)~~~~
HP: 250/250 LVL 1
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Study.
~~~And~~~
~~~~Magnus (@TheGuy)~~~~
HP: 450/450 LVL 1
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Foyer

Varvin is enraged and constantly keeps slashing at. Each slash goes through grimal and he shows no pain, instead he shows more of a saddness.
You have lost some karma.
Grimal: You’re being a bit of a jerk friend. If you keep trying to “Kill” me, then i’m going to have deny you the use of these Mooncrystals… look, i’m sure you are a nice guy deep down under there… right?

Phaedra laughs and leaves, Grimal waves goodbye to him and says “Goodbye new buddy! I’m sure we’ll meet again considering i’ve got several crystals to repair!

As Phaedra walks back through the door, he finds that nothing new has changed in the hall he fought the assassin in. so he continues forward, he enters the foyer again, the maid is gone, and there is only one door left to check due to the third door being barred up. Likewise it seems the castle's entrance has a couch in front of it now. Oh, and there is a jackal-humanoid creature looking around while walking up the stairs to the three doors and because of that, to phaedra.

I continue slashing until I get exhausted “you are one tough mother****er to ****ing kill so please just ****ing die already you ****ing ****head ***hole son of a ****, uhhhg…” then I faint.

"Hold on, who are you?" Magnus asks. The voice is familiar, but he doesn't want to make any accusations yet.

"Glad to see somebody around here has the common decency to make proper introductions. My name is Phaedra, and yours?"

//I watch from the shadows..

//double slash in JavaScript means its a message only readable via opening the file, not part of the script

delete Shu-jico;

jkjk
[doublepost=1539951236,1539950952][/doublepost]Also I'm aware how wrong the cmd is.

"Phaedra, huh?" Magnus opens and closes his hand, wondering whether to attack or not. "My name...isn't important."

"Your voice sounds familiar...."
Phaedra takes out his ledger and flips through it.
"Damn it. The whole thing's blank, apart from that imbecile assassin that tried me earlier. Have we met?"

Dollie (Sky High)
Starting HP: 200
Race: Ghost
DT: 0
EC: 0
Cause of Death: Driven to insanity and killed by a corrupt government official.
Backstory: Dollie's real name was never recorded. She was born at home and never legally recognized as alive. She was born to abusive parents who disowned her and her old sister when she was five. Her sister gave her her favorite doll, who she named Dollie. They managed to live off the land and the generous assistance of others until one government official, mad with power, decided to kill anyone who was homeless secretly to better improve the image of the city. Dollie - or whatever her real name is - was forced to watch as her sister was tortured to death. This set her off the edge. She tried to take a gun fom a guard, only to have a shot driven through her heart - and Dollie's at the same time.
Appearance: Always possessing a doll. The doll has long, flowing, dark blue-gray hair, and wears a pink dress with yellow flowers with five petals.
Inventory: Jar x10
Basic Attack: Dollie's Heart Still Has A Bullet In It, You Know: 15
Abilities:
Dollie is Sad: Applies [SLOW] to all enemies, unless immune. [SLOW] decreases accuracy, because
Dollie is Giggly: Turns an enemy with critical health into a Soul in a Jar, if there are any jars left. Souls in Jars, when used, turn back into jars and apply [HASTE] for one battle and [DOLLY ATE A SOUL] for two. Move has a low (~1/4) chance to work at 1/4 HP, and a much better chance to work (~3/4) at 1/8 HP, but it never works against bosses or opposing players.
Perks:
Dollie Can't Become Incorporeal: Dollie doesn't have any perks or drawbacks related to incorporeality.
Dollie Needs to Get a Bigger Pair of Arms: Dollie can't use big weapons.
Dollie is Angry: Dollie's beastly form can only be reached whilst under the effects of [DOLLIE ATE A SOUL].
Racial Perks:
One Time Ability: Did I Mention Dollie's Hair Can Turn Into Snakes Because Reasons?
Deals 10x damage to all targets and inflicts [PETRIFY].

Last edited:
"Ahh, that's why you sound familiar. Come, colleague, we will face whatever is beyond that door together."
Phaedra puts his arm around Magnus's shoulder.

Hello, @Sky High , welcome to the Land of the Dead thread, I don't really do indepth character analysis anymore, takes too long, I just point out areas of concern now :p

Also, because I am the monsters now, I no longer feel obliged to provide optimisation advice, that's up to you now :p

Dollie is Sad: Applies Slow to all enemies, unless immune. (Define slow, is it turn order, the opposite of haste, etc.? How long does it last?)
Dollie is Giggly: Turns an enemy with critical health into a Soul in a Jar, if there are any jars left. Souls in Jars, when used, turn back into jars and apply [HASTE] for one battle and [DOLLY ATE A SOUL] for two. (Doing the ol' Endzor gimmick I see, also, what would you define as critical health?)
Dollie Can't Become Incorporeal: Dollie doesn't have any perks or drawbacks related to incorporeality without the effect [DOLLY ATE A SOUL]. (Well, I consulted DGI on this, I assume the DAaS effect is to allow Dollie's doll to go incorporeal, but solid objects, inanimate or otherwise, can't be turned into incorporeal objects)
One Time Ability: Did I Mention Dollie's Hair Can Turn Into Snakes Because Reasons?: Deals lots of damage to all targets and inflicts [PETRIFY]. (I know you are a veteran player of DGI's text adventures, I'm sure you know how much a lot would be? Also, I think that's the longest ability name ever in a text adventure that isn't a complete joke...)

On a side note: I understand that you have a name theme going on with the parks and abilities, but isn't that a bit excessive? There's not really a need to change it, just pointing it out.

Back
Top Bottom