The Land of the Dead (Text Adventure)

@Shu-jico just to let you know, this is a forum game where you can't just join in, you have to look at the original post to fill out a character sheet and have it accepted

"How should you know? You're the one who blasted us all away!"

On a side note, this guy is probably a troll. I would delete his posts and move on. If he submits a legitimate character sheet, or shows explicit interest in joining the game, then we can take him seriously.

//I watch from the shadows..

//double slash in JavaScript means its a message only readable via opening the file, not part of the script

//Creepy disturbance, ignore this for your own good...

//
//

//I am aware of my non-existence.
@Shu-jico, as the other members have tried to tell you politely you’ll need to read and adhere to this game’s rules, which includes creating a character before joining in. Your first post may have been a misunderstanding of the game, however, posting again leads me to believe it’s not a mistake after all. Please stop disrupting this thread. Thanks.

~~~~Radio~~~~
Now Playing: Dead or Alive - You spin me right round.

~~~~Greyton (@Xmax360)~~~~
HP: 274/301 LVL: 2
Current Location: The Overgrowth: Grimwich City
~~~And~~~
~~~~Fred (@tappaja100)~~~~
HP: 79/200 LVL: 1

Fred just continues to stare at everyone in this bar.
Greyton consumes the ghost chop and feels…… happy?
Now what?

~~~~The Despicable Varvin Arthan (@Person999)~~~~
HP: 231/254 LVL 2
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Stair Room
~~~And~~~
~~~~Phaedra (@Madder)~~~~
HP: 319/425 LVL:2
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Stair room
~~~And~~~
~~~~Magnus (@TheGuy)~~~~
HP: 452/452 LVL 2
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Stair room.
~~~And~~~
~~~~Dollie (@Sky High)~~~~
HP: 200/200 LVL: 1
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First floor Stair Room

Dollie drops the BFG for anyone to take, Phaedra takes it.
Varvin is confused at what Magnus did, Magnus also doesn’t quite understand what happened.
Varvin seemingly is angry and seems to want to stab grimal again?
Dollie goes to quickly flee the room, but phaedra notices that the way she is about to enter is nothing but dead ends. They could warn dollie that the path is a waste of time.

~~~~Brother Garrun (@IHATETHISSIGNUP / Jedinate)~~~~
Body HP: 210/210
Head HP: 200/200 LVL:2
Current Location: The Overgrowth:Near the Church of the Reaper

Garrun, with a new weapon in hand leaves the church and sets off in the direction of Grimwich city.
Having helped out two people, he can feel that this is merely only the beginning of some grand adventure.

As he keeps walking, he reaches a crossroad. There is an unmarked grave on the path to the left, it seemingly has two carvings that could seem like eyeholes. On the path to the right, there is some streetlights. But still much more of the same on each side: A Road surrounded by trees.

~~~~Benevolent Tingler (@Deputy Hue)~~~~
Body HP: 300/300
Head HP: 300/300 LVL 1
Current Location: Pumpkin Yard: Truce Town

Checklist:
Ghoul Eye: get these from Ghouls, they are all over the damn place, just leave town and look for the starving clawed humanoids.
Rotten Brain: Obtain these from Feral Zombies, another common monster. They aren’t using these anymore anyways.
The Mohawk of a Mohawker: There is a small small camp of them to the west of town, just take this shaver, get it for me and flee. At least i THINK That is hair…

Tingler quickly escapes from the clutches of town.
As he rolls through the pumpkin yard, he finds a small camp in the distance, he holds his hands up to his eyes like binoculars and can see through them at a greater distance perfectly!

In the camp he notices 2 strange orange creatures with mohawks sitting by a fire talking. A third, green one is seen on a nearby watchtower asleep. He rolls over in his sleep and falls onto the campfire, wakes up and starts running around screaming, the other two beat him with clubs to put the fire out and accidentally set their clubs on fire. They throw their clubs and their friend into the river.

*Garrun inspects the grave.*
“I wonder who rests here... I can only pray that they are in a better place. I am not sure if they could possibly be in a better place, though.”

(The Benevolent Tingler)
Tingler walks up to the green figure (who is hopefully already out of the river) in the camp, and offers him a rare pizza in exchange for giving him a haircut.

Phaedra sighs and shakes his head.
"You never were one for confrontation, were you Magnus?"
Phaedra tries to lead Magnus to the aforementioned door again.

Since nobody is stopping her, Dollie starts moving down the hallway.

"...Huh? Where am I?"

Dollie floats off in a random direction.

~~~~Radio~~~~
Now Playing: Fern Mike “Mike Fernandez” - A bomb bop

~~~~Greyton (@Xmax360)~~~~
HP: 274/301 LVL: 2
~~~And~~~
~~~~Fred (@tappaja100)~~~~
HP: 79/200 LVL: 1

Greyton gets fred to come over to the bar, he orders a drink but doesn’t specify anything specific. Mika walks into the back and comes back with a shot glass full of a green glowing bubbling beverage.
Mika: I call it the Cauldrons Contents, old family recipe. Nothing too strong.
The RED Mercs are having a pretty loud conversation, the RED Manchild keeps glancing over at Greyton and Fred.

~~~~The Despicable Varvin Arthan (@Person999)~~~~
HP: 231/254 LVL 2
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor L Room
~~~And~~~
~~~~Phaedra (@Madder)~~~~
HP: 319/425 LVL:2
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor L room
~~~And~~~
~~~~Magnus (@TheGuy)~~~~
HP: 452/452 LVL 2
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor L room.
~~~And~~~
~~~~Dollie (@Sky High)~~~~
HP: 200/200 LVL: 1
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First floor study

Dollie leaves the room and enters a hallway, there is nothing here so she keeps going.
The next room is an entrance hall, the front door has furniture blocking it preventing people from leaving. The right door is heavily barred up and the only path is the left door. There isn’t too much in here either, so dollie enters the left door.
Another empty hallway, this time with broken flower pots.
The hall leads into a room with a floating crystal, a couch, a bookshelf and a fireplace. The crystal is weird but seemingly isn’t doing anything right now.
What now? (Dollie could return to the room the other group was at should she wish to.)

Varvin FINALLY agrees to temporarily put aside the grudges and try to find a way out of the castle. Although Varvin wants to seemingly find grimal. Although a strange feeling tells Varvin that grimal would be in the areas further into the castle.

Phaedra,Magnus and Varvin attempt to enter the upstairs door in this room. It is locked. So they try the door dollie came from. Inside is an L shaped hallway with many windows, several suits of decorative armor, each holding decorative spears, for decorations sake of course. And a broom closet with an empty present and broken down door.
The three walk over to the nearby window and notice a large walled garden outside. Grimal is seen holding a chicken and wearing a chef hat, it seems he is heading to the right outside. Which funny enough, also seems to be the direction this L shaped hallway goes to. And before anyone thinks of trying to destroy the windows, the windows appear to be heavily bullet and blunt force object proof. Ahhh don’t you love specific details to prevent an easy escape from this dungeon?

Also seen in the garden outside is many beautiful and almost alien looking plants, as well as a large marble fountain, and large stone creatures roaming around with watering cans.

The sound of squeeks is heard as the three look up to notice small floating cartoon-y sheet ghosts making squeaking noises, as soon as they notice the three staring at them they flee in terror in the direction that the group was heading. What now?

~~~~Brother Garrun (@IHATETHISSIGNUP / Jedinate)~~~~
Body HP: 210/210
Head HP: 200/200 LVL:2
Current Location: The Overgrowth:Gravesite

Garrun inspects the grave.
“Here lies johnny Guitar”
“He won the heart of one woman, and the hatred of tens of thousands of people, was burned at the stake like the menace that he was.
Play it again son.”
Right next to Play it again son is the etching of a screaming face with spikey hair.
Garrun feels like there is supposed to be 2 references to something here, but whatever it is it’s way over his head.

~~~~Benevolent Tingler (@Deputy Hue)~~~~
Body HP: 300/300
Head HP: 300/300 LVL 1
Current Location: Pumpkin Yard: Truce Town

Checklist:
Ghoul Eye: get these from Ghouls, they are all over the damn place, just leave town and look for the starving clawed humanoids.
Rotten Brain: Obtain these from Feral Zombies, another common monster. They aren’t using these anymore anyways.
The Mohawk of a Mohawker: There is a small small camp of them to the west of town, just take this shaver, get it for me and flee. At least i THINK That is hair…

Tingler approaches the two mohawkers as they stop trying to save their green friend
Green Mohawker: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! SAVE ME!
The orange mohawkers stare in disbelief that such a perfect creature such as tingler is standing before them.
Green Mohawker: YOU COMPLETE AND UTTER DI- *Blubbing noises of water entering mouth.*
The Green mohawker is now all the way down the river rapids.
The Orange mohawkers snap from their trance and pull out clubs fashioned from murkwater trees
Two Mohawker Grunts draw near!

"Thank you Fred, but sometimes you need to be a bit more, loud." Greyton floats towards the table and smacks his hand on the table. "Who are you guys looking at!?" Greyton shouts at them.

Back
Top Bottom