"Let... Me... GO!"

Dollie shoots Phaedra, then is shocked.

"I can DO THAT? WHAT THE HECK?"

Dollie is incredibly confused and goes limp for a second."

Dollie gets back up.

"I feel like I lost a little karma there..."

Dollie notices Varvin.

"Oh, it's you."

Just to clarify, the hold Phaedra had on Dollie wasn't meant to restrain or hold her captive, it was more of a way of getting her attention. I didn't mean to make it seem as though Phaedra was forcing her to come with him, but just to emphasize the importance of what he was saying. Sorry for the confusion.

"Oh, I was aware. Don't worry. However, L - Dollie - was not."

Dollie examines the wound and removes the bullet.

"That was a nasty one..."

The Chimera hands the pity pass and the trapped teleport present to Amenhotep, signifying that the deal is now on, he 'shrugs' at the Anubian's desire for information,

Somewhere south of here, as far as my 'intuition' tells me, that's a large general area, it'll be easy enough to track him if he's active, it's a good idea to use your senses, information is a nasty weapon among you quote-unquote less brutish types, but I have business in the west now...

Maybe you'll learn about him via the radio on that fancy little watch of yours eventually or something, all you undead seem to have them.

He does his signiture roar & starts heading west, in the general direction of a rather new rotten presense(aka; Grigor), now that his business is finished here.

◄►◄►◄►
I wonder how he thinks this is going to turn out. People usually don't make it out of 'devil deals', especially unscathed. Contracts are a very dangerous thing if you don't know what you are doing, a deal that may look fair on the surface often is more dangerous than a bad deal. But, we'll see how this plays out... Anyway, welcome to Helpings of Hostility, that podcast where I talk about things...
So why did you make a deal with that cosmic plaything? You easily had an opportunity to make him waste his ward?

If I told you that, it wouldn't be quite as fun, this deal was from higher up actually, from 'the supervisor', my liaison to 'the playwright', one of the 'actors' sought to make a deal, this was just the end result.
You have a supervisor? Why do you always talk directly about this playwright instead of him then?

Yes, I do, the supervisor is around mainly to keep me on a leash, he also presents me with opportunities from the playwright, like the Chimera, a few potential other opportunities have come along, the terms for those are still in negotiation though, and may not necessarily come through.
Can you tell me about any of them?

No. Anyway, Q&A time!
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS!
OH GOD! MY EARS! THEY'RE BLEEDING!

FROM THE VOIDHUNTER!
OK, I'VE MANAGED TO SOLVE MY PEOPLE'S CHIMERA PROBLEM NOW, DIDN'T NEED ANYTHING AFTER ALL
TURN DOWN HIS VOICECASTER! DOES THIS GUY LACK AN INSIDE VOICE?!
*the sounds of feedback ensue before calming down again*
Hey, Q&A reader guy, speak again!
UHHHH, SURE...
Well, you are still a little loud, but your voice isn't ear-destroying.
ANYWAY, FROM THE VOIDHUNTER!
OK, I'VE MANAGED TO SOLVE MY PEOPLE'S CHIMERA PROBLEM NOW, DIDN'T NEED ANYTHING AFTER ALL!
You really didn't need to repeat, despite ear-destroying the previous time, we heard you loud and clearly.
All I can say is that this isn't a question, and we don't particularly care. Next!
WHO WOULD WIN, A WIZARDY BOI, OR A CHIMERA BOI?
Depends on the Chimera. Next.
Wait, I didn't get to say anything.
Shut up Intern. Next.
VENDOR BANK GUARDS HELP BUYING UC ONLY PAYING BY PURE BLACKROCK MADNESS TRADE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
*sounds of violence are happening*
It appears we're gonna have to end the show early, for 'technical' difficulties... I think we're gonna have to find a new Q&A guy, this one's been prematurely put into retirement... Feel free to send questions, we have no mailbox, have a good day.
A rather meta thing, I'm attempting a new spacing format for the pre-questioning segment of helpings, it may look a little bit weird, but I'm formatting it in a way that's retains some visual appeal(to me anyway) while being readable, because I feel that some of the episodes have had too much spacing.

Last edited:
So, a deal with the devil. No personal comments this time, but how do you think it'll go?
-Voidhunter

Translating into the English with the power of the... uhh.

"So, if we pitted together every single player against each other, what would happen and who would win?
-Anonymous Russian Speaker"

((OOC:
Static.
Any personal tips & trick for hunting someone down?
Static.
(Yeah, that was a message for the "Helping of Hostility")))

After being tremendously shocked by signature roar, Amenhoteph heads south, stopping by any city, poblation or anything where there could be someone that could lead him to Phaedra.

( welp, time to break the unexplained rules and submit two different questions :p )

Question 1

Demon God Ivuul: Hello there, i am Ivuul Baalrohne, and i am here to alert you that me and the good ol Shadowlord plan on committing mass infringorinos on your podcast. thanks.

Shadowlord Maximus: By the way, i have blackrock madness for sale, so uhh... in the words of countless humans, elves and gargish. TRADE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Question 2

???: Yes, my name is not important, but i would like to know. How much do you think it'd cost to rent the Chimera to torment my little "lab rats"... asking for a future project of mine.

Phaedra looks at Dollie like she just shot him.
Phaedra realizes that Dollie did indeed just shoot him.
"Did you just shoot me?!?"

"You were holding onto her! Eventually it was going to happen, since she has my powers too and all..."

Cue extremely fast movements around Phaedra's face and profuse apologies from Dollie. Varvin's been completely forgotten.

(That is, I'm assuming at this point you finally let go?)

Wait, so how does this work? I see other people responding and having a conversation with each other between their characters. Am I supposed to do that too?

~~~~Radio~~~~

Jones: Alright, so the final thing we will be talking about tonight. I’ve heard that Asmodeus is rounding up people in Grimwich city to help take back Alexandria from them Paladins I for one would like to just say, Good on ya any brave souls to volunteer to help.

~~~~The Undying Ultimate Chimera (@Mr. Fury)~~~~
HP: Yes. LVL: 666
Current Location: The Savage Savannah: Abandoned Mohawker Outpost
~~~And~~~
~~~~Amenhotep (@TheSpeluknerv3.6.5.8.6)~~~~
HP: 50/50 LVL 1
Current Location: The Savage Savannah: Abandoned Mohawker Outpost

The Chimera offers Amenhotep a deal.
And Amenhotep accepts the deal!

Amenhotep got a UUC Pity Pass! And a Trapped Teleport Present!

The Update Countdown will begin next turn.
Just Remember, you will have only 25 Updates…

The Chimera lets out his roar and begins to head west. At this point, the chimera can no longer be seen by Amenhotep.

As the chimera reaches a nearby ruin, still tracking his target. It suddenly can’t find itself moving anymore. The Chimera feels immense pain where his eye was taken from him by a human in a land long past.
???: What is it that it wants?
???2: Why is it that it does this?
???: By what unseen strings pull your very soul puppet?
???2: By what unseen rage tears at your soul Beast?
???: The Sad state that this beast clings to life. What is it you search for?
???2: By what reason does it suffer?
???: By what purpose does it suffer?
???2: I do believe it has noticed us.
???: And at the same time, it hasn’t.

The Chimera deactivates.

….
The chimera awakens, an hour seems to have past. Its pains are gone and he can seem to move and think again.

The nearby ruins have a crafting table and a basement entrance, but other than that, nothing much else is here. Should the chimera keep hunting it’s target? Or do anything here in the ruins.
A lone basketball rolls by as well.

------------------------------------------

Amenhotep goes south, he eventually makes it to the border of the Overgrowth Region. As he wanders, he finds a nearby present, and an old rundown shack with a workbench outside of it. The road continues south but it also goes to the west from here.

~~~~The Despicable Varvin Arthan (@Person999)~~~~
HP: 231/271 LVL 4
Current Location: The Overgrowth: Grimwich City
~~~And~~~
~~~~The Somewhat “Nice” Phaedra (@Madder)~~~~
HP: 319/440 LVL:4
~~~And~~~
~~~~Magnus (@TheGuy)~~~~
HP: 452/452 LVL 2
~~~And~~~
~~~~Dollie (@Sky High)~~~~
HP: 200/220 LVL: 3
~~~And~~~
~~~~Brother Garrun (@IHATETHISSIGNUP / Jedinate)~~~~
Body HP: 210/210
Head HP: 200/200 LVL:2

Asmodeus: Then welcome aboard young Dullahan.
Asmodeus closes his eyes for a minute then reopens them.
Asmodeus: Ah yes, Garrun, a monk eh? You should be a big help to our cause.
He makes a small stair appear to allow Garrun to step up to the stage.

Phaedra and Dollie step up, but as Asmodeus turns to notice them, Dollie ends up shooting phaedra. Phaedra seemingly is in disbelief at being shot
Dollie has lost a little karma.

Asmodeus: Hmm? You two wish to volunteer and one of you are already shooting the other?
Asmodeus closes his eyes again and reopens them. He looks…. Unnerved.
Asmodeus: …. A ghost stuck in a doll huh? And…. Well, pardon me but i honestly didn’t expect what i seen from the vampire. Phaedra…

Asmodeus crouches down on the stage towards Dollie and Phaedra.
Asmodeus: You two wish to join the fight against the paladins? Well, please step up if you two are sure. I already see that both of you have great power inside.

Suddenly the Gargoyle-like creature that is on the stage with Asmodeus rushes over to Phaedra
Gaibon: Lord Asmodeus, Why would you allow THAT anywhere near our cause. Don’t you know who that is?
Asmodeus: Of course i know who he is.
Gaibon: That, Thing. His past, YOU.. YOU MEAN TO TELL ME YOU WANT SCUM LIKE THAT WORKING WITH THE HANDS OF DEATH?! SURELY YOU'RE JOKING MY LORD.
Asmodeus: Gaibon, it would do you well not to take up that tone with your commander.
Gaibon: I’m sorry my lord, BUT I WILL NOT ALLOW THAT THING ANYWHERE NEAR US, ARRGH
Gaibon charges Phaedra and attacks with his claws, but suddenly, everyone notices time begins to slowly rewind to before Gaibon charges, Asmodeus is holding out a weird clock thing.
Slogra, the bird creature that was also up on the stage jumps in front of the charging Gaibon as time turns to normal and moves forward again, Slogra smacks gaibon away.
Asmodeus: I’m sorry Gaibon, but attacking civilians No matter what their past life was is against the law. My law. Return to the castle, and we will discuss this later.
Gaibon: BUT I-
Gaibon is forcefully teleported away.

Slogra: Feckin’ Animal.
Asmodeus: Now then i’m sorry about that disturbance. As i was saying, if you two really would like to help free these countless peoples home town and deal a critical blow to the paladins, then please come on up here along with Garrun here.

Varvin walks up to the group and uses colorful language to ask a question like always
Slogra: Watch your Feckin’ Language.
Varvin walks away, where to now?

~~~~Traumatized Greyton (@Xmax360)~~~~
HP: 301/301 LVL: 2
Current Location: Pumpkin Yard Autumn Fields
~~~And~~~
~~~~Fred (@Defure)~~~~
HP: 210/210 LVL: 2
Current Location: Pumpkin Yard Autumn Fields

Greyton: 300/301
Fred: 210/210
VS
Recon Mech: 0/60
Junkin: 0/100

As they group get ready to finish off the Junkin, suddenly a robot being ridden by that knight fellow comes stampeding by killing off the Junkin
YOU WON!
Gained only 6 EXP because Tingler stole your junkin kill and Recon Mechs are nothing.

~~~~Benevolent Tingler (@Deputy Hue)~~~~
Body HP: 250/330
Head HP: 250/300 LVL 1
Current Location: Pumpkin Yard: Truce Town
~~~Party Member: Clockwerk~~~
HP: 600/600 LVL 1

Tingler gets on Clockwerk and the two zoom out of truce town, and run by that ghost and military man fighting a junkin, Clockwerk tramples and kills the Junkin
Tingler got 30 EXP
Tingler has grown to Level 2!
Max Body HP has increased to 330!
The two speed off down the road and into the overgrowth. However clockwerk stops moving and points
Clockwerk: OOOOOOOOOOOOOoOoOOoh Who's the man lifting a tree?
Tingler looks at where Clockwerk is pointing, a large mohawker is lifting a tree like a weight. This mohawker has an eyepatch and hasn’t noticed tingler or Clockwerk yet.
He is blocking off the path to the east, but the path to the north is still open.

~~~~Fedora Ron (@Matthus)~~~~
HP: 107/107 LVL 1
Current Location: Hell: Ruinous Road

Ron stares at the present, there is no name tag.

(Side note, for future reference, think of presents as pretty much the treasure chests of this game. Also minor actions like using an item outside of battle, or opening presents can be done alongside moving in a direction in one turn.)

~~~~Grigor (@Halt)~~~~
HP: 325/325 LVL 1
Current Location: Savage Savannah: Near the Forest of Ropes

Grigor walks over and opens the present, inside was a Family Sized Pizza! It has been added to the inventory.
Where to now?

Grigor looks at the item. "Well, better that than nothing, I guess." He packs it, departing with regular march to the town. "I'd rather not risk anything - but the town, that's it. If there's a town, I could see the possible directions there..." After he mumbled that to himself, he continued marching. He only wanted any clue, some exact detailed hints on everything. Or maybe he wanted to do something other than sitting in the wilds?

Back
Top Bottom