The Land of the Dead (Text Adventure)

When you die, you either:
Stay dead.
Sacrifice an item or a few items to revive
Sacrifice max HP decreasing it until you level up again to regain it or find items to regain it to revive.

~~~~Radio~~~~
Now Playing: Take me home, Country Road by Spank

~~~~The Undying Ultimate Chimera (@Mr. Fury)~~~~
HP: 906/1,000 LVL: 666
Current Location: ???: Paranoia Plains
[FEVERISH]

As the Chimera finally leaves the cave, he is greeted to a strange sight. A world that feels… empty, the grass appears to be dead or dieing and most of the stones and mountains look crunched up as if they had just up and moved around, smashing into each other in the process…

The chimera looks into the nightsky, no sun, no moon, just a distant star being seen in the otherwise blank sky.
A present lies nearby, it’s a blue present. Nearby is a road leading to a crossroads that goes left or right, the crossroads signs appear to say:
Town of Colten Fading Town ←
The Wastes, Purgatory --->

Although, something pretty close by catches the chimeras eyes as well, a small lemonade stand-like structure with a familiar shaq themed face standing near it.

~~~~Amenhotep (@TheSpeluknerv3.6.5.8.6)~~~~
HP: 50/50 LVL 1
Current Location: The Ashlands: Cave Entrance
UPDATE 9/25 until AFK Farmable

Amenhotep quickly flings himself up the ladder and finds himself in a desert, a large city is seen in the distance of the sands. Aside from that smaller ruins dot the landscape.

~~~~The Despicable Varvin Arthan (@Person999)~~~~
HP: 231/271 LVL 4
Current Location: The Overgrowth: Grimwich City

Varvin sits at the bar, Mika hands him a menu, should he want something while he is still standing around cleaning cups and shot glasses.

FOOD: Name it, i’ll find it.
DRINK: Name it, i’ll make it.
SCP Vending Machine Cup: Your funeral.

~~~~The Somewhat “Nice” Phaedra (@Madder)~~~~
HP: 319/440 LVL:4
Current Location: The Overgrowth: Alexandria Sewers
~~~And~~~
~~~~Dollie (@Sky High)~~~~
HP: 200/220 LVL: 3
~~~And~~~
~~~~Brother Garrun (@IHATETHISSIGNUP / Jedinate)~~~~
Body HP: 210/210
Head HP: 200/200 LVL:2
~~~And~~~
Asmodeus: ???/??? (Separated)
Slogra: 800/800 (Separated)
Herex: 450/450
Xiyel: 250/250 (Separated)

Phaedra: 319/440
Dollie: 200/200
Garrun: 210/210 200/200
VS
Savage Sewage: 200/200

Herex attacks with blinding speed!
SMAAAAAAAASH!
It did 300 damage!
The Savage Sewage was…. Wait a minute… what is it doing?
The sewage shield it was using broke off! It was actually a Van Gore!
Herex: GAH, One of these gross things?! Fine, if it bleeds, i shall tear it apart!
The creature looks like a bloody skinned fusion of several different humanoids, it’s making ungodly noises as it lumbers around trying to get it’s bearings..

A Van Gore draws near!

Phaedra: 319/440
Dollie: 200/200
Garrun: 210/210 200/200
VS
Van Gore: 691/800 [SLOW]

Phaedra does nothing
Dollie activates Dollie is Sad, the Van Gores speed greatly decreased!
Garrun fires an arrow!
SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!
It did 109 damage!

~~~~Traumatized Greyton (@Xmax360)~~~~
HP: 301/301 LVL: 2
Current Location: Pumpkin Yard Autumn Fields
~~~And~~~
~~~~Fred (@Defure)~~~~
HP: 210/210 LVL: 2
Current Location: Pumpkin Yard Autumn Fields

Greyton: 0/301
Fred: 210/210 [CHAOS]
VS
Mothman A: 111/200
Mothman B: 100/200

Mothman A uses it’s One time ability! PK FLASH!
GREYTON HAS BEEN SLAIN!
A voice calls out to greytons very soul as he is now nothing more than a pile of ectoplasm…

???: Undead who is not yet ready to leave this realm forever, Undead who still wishes to persist, speak to me. Is it truly your time? Or would you like another chance? And if so what are you willing to sacrifice?
A: Some of my willpower to cling to the afterlife (Lose some Max HP)
B: Some of my belongings which exist just to hold me back. (Choose and get rid of an item.)
C: To hell with this, i’m done existing (True Death.)
D: Wait for revive or use a revival item (Requires revival item or spells.)

Fred attacks mothman B with his rifle! It was a headshot! It did 100 damage and staggered Mothman B preventing him from acting this turn!

~~~~Benevolent Tingler (@Deputy Hue)~~~~
Body HP: 205/330
Head HP: 250/300 LVL 4
Current Location: Pumpkin Yard: The Gourdlands.
~~~Party Member: Clockwerk~~~
HP: 555/600 LVL 4

Tingler proceeds to keep heading to the larger town in the distance, when suddenly
[WILD DEADLANDS ACTIVATES!]

As Tingler is walking, a fully lost soul man materializes out of thin air in front of tingler and yells
Lomps Chewis: HOLLLLLD UP, There are Deathclaws Reapers growing all over the damn place north of here, i’d turn back if i were you...

~~~~Fedora Ron (@Matthus)~~~~
HP: 130/130 LVL 2
Current Location: Hell: Demon Ruins

Ron: 130/130 [PSI Shield] [OOMPH]
Azazel: 1,500/1,500 [PSI Shield]
Deerablo Elite A: 450/450 [PSI Shield]
Deerablo Elite B: 450/450 [PSI Shield]
VS
Dmitri: 1,770/2,000 [HASTE]

Azazel casts PSI Shield Omega
Ron’s body was protected by a Psychic Shield!
Azazel’s body was protected by a Psychic Shield!
Deerablo Elite A’s body was protected by a Psychic Shield!
Deerablo Elite B’s body was protected by a Psychic Shield!
Deerablo Elite A is preparing to intercept and take any attacks coming towards ron!
Deerablo Elite B casts Oomph on ron, Ron’s attack power has increased!
Dmitri Attacks! Deerablo Elite A Blocked the attack from hitting Ron!
Dmitri casts Kasizzle! Hellfire hits the entire party! But the Psychic shield preventing the magic from harming anyone!

Dmitri: GOD DAMN ANGELS, ENOUGH WITH YOUR PROTECTION AND FIGHT ME LIKE A MAN!
Ron fired off his shotgun! It did 230 damage to Dmitri!
Dmitri: WHY YOU LITTLE PIECE OF :red:, I’LL MAKE SURE I TURN YOUR ROTTEN INTESTINES INTO A FLESHY BOA TO BE WORN AT PARTIES!
Azazel: Hmmph, and how do you suppose you will be doing that when you can’t even land a single hit on him or the rest of us for that matter? Childish peon…
Dmitri: I’LL FIND A WAY!

~~~~Grigor (@Halt)~~~~
HP: 325/325 LVL 1
Current Location: Savage Savannah: New Canberra

Grigor does nothing but drink his drink….. AGAIN. AGAIN.

~~~~Magnus (TheGuy)~~~~
HP: 452/452 LVL 2
Current Location: Stasis

Magnus is no longer playing due to him decided not to come back before feb 1st arrived, as part of my plan stated in the discord server, he is removed from the game and once the devil deal between the chimera and amenhotep is done, he will be completely removed from the game one way or another.

"You think I'd let myself die again, Hell no! Take one of my damn items." Greyton says holding the shell.

*Garrun remembers he has a new crossbow to try out and put his bow on his back as he takes out the crossbow before firing a shot at the monster.*

// Haha, how funny @IHATETHISSIGNUP

Amenhoteph runs towrds the city, searching from side to side, watching out for anything that would seem useful, or interesting. Well, that woman's offer was certainly good, but time is :red:ing running out, and I do not want to die like an idiot because I ran out of time.
Knowing he cannot recieve any further helping from heaven, he directs a prayer towards Hell, to Satan, asking for support in his quest.

Ron: "Bold of you to assume I would ever be invited to a party!" He shoots him again. "Hey, where does the ammo for this thing come from anyway?"

read the rules thoroughly, and submit your app, apps are almost always still being looked at/accepted!
Sorry that I couldn't be here for a few hours, was visiting some of my family.

Name: Meta
Player Name: Meta Pumpkin
HP: 230
Race: Pumpkin Person
DT: 36
EC: 0
Cause of death: N/A
Backstory: Mainly just a wanderer, sometimes gets himself into unnecessary fights because he has a reputation for being unable to see the other person's side of things. He also loves to practice archery with both normal and high-tech bows. He is also schizophrenic, which has its ups and downs.
Appearance: He wears a white robe with royal-looking red lines on the hood that he got from an old friend. His shoes are black, but even though they look like dress shoes, they are very comfortable on the inside. He has white gloves.
Inventory:LB244: Deals 16 damage (32 when charged). it looks like a normal bow, but it has a high-charge string that doubles the damage of the arrow, but has to recharge after battles.
LD651: Deals 20 (30 when charged) damage (Instant death/incapacitation to lesser enemies when used from behind, only works in stealth). It is a dagger with blue, glowing patterns on it. As with the LB244, it has to charge to use the extra damage between battles.
Both of these weapons have to be charged with organic matter, and quite a lot of it. Matter that has been killed in the land of the dead will not work.
Hooded robe: defense 10. Even though it looks like normal cloth, it's actually somewhat bullet/stab/arrow/basic attack resistant (Not proof, it still damages me).
Basic attack: 15
Abilities: Triple shot, shoots three arrows at three enemies (if there are not three enemies, the arrows will be distributed randomly and the damage stacks) that deal 8 damage each (16 when charged). Basic alchemy, dowses a brittle arrow in a hastily made health potion that heals 10-20 health. Has a chance to break on its way to the recipient.
Perks: Schizophrenia, sometimes has hallucinations that either cheer him on or discourage him. The positive ones up damage by 2 points, while the negative ones do the opposite.
Cloaking device, he put it in his Asmowatch for stealth. If someone or something touches anywhere above his ankles, his cloaking will disappear. People with good depth perception can see him. The cloak will also break if an attack he makes connects.
Augmented cloaking: With this, you can look like someone else if you have a good DNA sample (blood, hair, and saliva count, but skin cells do not.)
One time ability: Burrow, you can go underground and take down enemies with your dagger from there, instantly killing them.

Last edited:
Hello @Meta Knight_but_Terraria , I am the not-so-unofficial app analyser guy, I have been summoned to look at your app, I have taken a few liberties to reformat your app for the sake of the analysis to make it easier for myself and others to read, I've tried to maintain as much meaning as possible without confusion. (but seriously guys, feel free to put your own opinions on people's apps, just as long as it isn't silly and has a negative impact on any creative freedom, unless it conflicts with the rules)

Red is explicitly a problem.
Purple is the inquisitive colour, generally either asking for more information, or asking if I got my reformatting correct.
Cyan is Cyan, and doesn't particularly contribute much, it's more a thought/reformatting thing.

Name: Meta (Player: @Meta Knight_but_Terraria )
Inventory:
LB244: Deals 16 damage (32 when charged). Looks like a normal bow, but it has a high-charge string that doubles the damage of the arrow. High-charge string has to recharge after battle, requires a lot of organic matter for charging.
LD651: Deals 20 damage (30 when charged), Instakills/Incapacitates lesser enemies(almost anything that isn't a boss/uniquely named) when used from behind in stealth. Has blue, glowing patterns on it. High-charge string has to recharge after battle, requires a lot of organic matter for charging. {I am personally fine with these bows, but what do you mean by matter erased from the land of the dead not working? You have legitimately confused me there, I've temporarily omitted that detail due to confusion. On a sidenote, you may want to nickname the bows/indicate which one you are using outside of name, the naming scheme is very similar, and so may cause confusion in future} {Regarding the lesser enemy thing, that's just how that sort of thing is usually treated}
Hooded robe:10 DEF. Even though it looks like normal cloth, it's actually somewhat bullet/stab/arrow/etc resistant. {etc. Resistant? What does etc. cover?}
Abilities: Healing Fire: returns 20 health to the whole team, but drains 10 health.
Fire Breath: Deals 20 damage to the whole enemy team, but restores 10 health??? {You described this as;Same as the healing fire, but the opposite effect. Is this the intended effect?}
{These 2 abilities are a bit too vague, they actually come across as magic, especially considering pumpkin people have a massive weakness to fire, you are probably gonna have to explain how these work if you want people to believe it ain't magic}
Perks:
Schizophrenia: Sometimes has hallucinations that either cheer him on or discourage him. The positive ones up damage by 2 points, while the negative ones do the opposite. {This is fine in my books, DGI could have a lot of fun with this}
Cloaking device: An asmowatch modification he put in himself. If touched anywhere above his ankles, his cloaking will disappear. People with good depth perception can see him. {Is this cloak broken by attacks, or no? This thing has a lot of potential to be gamebreakingly powerful as long as you avoid getting touched}
Augmented cloaking: With this, you can look like someone else if you have a good DNA sample, blood, hair and saliva work, but skin cells don't. {It's certainly a different take on the disguise part of pumpkin people}
One time ability: Burrow, you can go underground and take down enemies with your dagger from there. {So, is this an instakiller attack, or what? We need more details about how it works}

{I am personally fine with these bows, but what do you mean by matter erased from the land of the dead not working? You have legitimately confused me there, I've temporarily omitted that detail due to confusion. On a sidenote, you may want to nickname the bows/indicate which one you are using outside of name, the naming scheme is very similar, and so may cause confusion in future}
First off, by matter erased, I mean that it has been killed in the land of the dead. Second, I'll nickname them B2 and D6. Third, the second weapon is a dagger.

{etc. Resistant? What does etc. cover?}
I really just said etc. to make it sound like it covered more than it did, really I should have just said basic attack resistant.

{You described this as;Same as the healing fire, but the opposite effect. Is this the intended effect?}
This was not the intended effect, I should have elaborated. It deals 20 damage to the enemy team, but deals 10 damage to me.

{These 2 abilities are a bit too vague, they actually come across as magic, especially considering pumpkin people have a massive weakness to fire, you are probably gonna have to explain how these work if you want people to believe it ain't magic}
I'll change my two abilities. Triple shot: Shoots at three enemies at once, but only deals 8 (16 when charged) damage to each. Basic alchemy: He dowses an extremely brittle arrow in a hastily made healing potion and shoots it at one of his teammates. It has a 1/15 chance to break before it leaves the bow, and only heals 10-20 health.

{Is this cloak broken by attacks, or no? This thing has a lot of potential to be gamebreakingly powerful as long as you avoid getting touched}
It is, but only if my attack makes contact.

{So, is this an instakiller attack, or what? We need more details about how it works}
I borrow underground, and when I'm under an enemy, I reach up and stab them with my dagger to bring them underground, so yes.

Last edited:
First off, by matter erased, I mean that it has been killed in the land of the dead. Second, I'll nickname them B3 and D6. Third, the second weapon is a dagger.

I really just said etc. to make it sound like it covered more than it did, really I should have just said basic attack resistant.

This was not the intended effect, I should have elaborated. It deals 20 damage to the enemy team, but deals 10 damage to me.

I'll change my two abilities. Triple shot: Shoots at three enemies at once, but only deals 8 (16 when charged) damage to each. Basic alchemy: He dowses an extremely brittle arrow in a hastily made healing potion and shoots it at one of his teammates. It has a 1/15 chance to break before it leaves the bow, and only heals 10-20 health.

It is, but only if my attack makes contact.

I borrow underground, and when I'm under an enemy, I reach up and stab them with my dagger to bring them underground, so yes.
I would suggest editing the app and posting a new version

Third, the second weapon is a dagger.
Hmmmm, I had a sinking feeling that I missed something, thank you for pointing this out, if I'm honest, this app was mildly annoying to analyse, your information isn't what I'd call, 'clean', which makes my compression process a bit more risky to undertake without accidentally destroying meaning, I'll go into more detail by showing some of my process.

I figure I might let people have a peek inside my app compression process that I use when I reformat an app.
In your current app, this is an area that I'd say isn't completely clean...
LB244: Deals 16 damage (32 when charged). it looks like a normal bow, but it has a high-charge string that doubles the damage of the arrow, but has to recharge after battles.
LD651: Deals 20 (30 when charged) damage (Instant death/incapacitation to lesser enemies when used from behind, only works in stealth). It is a dagger with blue, glowing patterns on it. As with the LB244, it has to charge to use the extra damage between battles.
Both of these weapons have to be charged with organic matter, and quite a lot of it. Matter that has been killed in the land of the dead will not work.
This explanation could be compressed into...(I usually do a lot more compression than this if a description can be loosely defined as verbose, yes I could probably find a way to make this shorter)
LB244: Deals 16 damage (32 when charged). it looks like a normal bow, but it has a high-charge string that doubles the damage of the arrow. It requires organic matter to charge in between battles, matter from that which has been 'killed' in the LotD will not work.
LD651: Deals 20 damage (30 when charged), It also deals Instant death/incapacitation to lesser enemies when used from behind in stealth. It is a dagger with blue, glowing patterns on it. It requires organic matter to charge in between battles, matter from that which has been 'killed' in the LotD will not work.
While at first, the first looks more compact, in the context of an entire app, a simple repeat of information can make the app look a lot cleaner.

Anyway, I looked at your new app, I'm fine with it, in case DGI wants me to reformat your app for him because he's lazy and he knows I'm insane enough to overanalyse apps for a forum game, I'm posting a new reformatting I did in advance because you are very likely to be accepted, feel free to post your thoughts on it(aka; Point out any mistakes I may have made), tried to make it look as spiffy as possible.

Name: Meta Pumpkin(@Meta Knight_but_Terraria )
Cause of death: N/A
Backstory:
Mainly just a wanderer, sometimes gets himself into unnecessary fights because he has a reputation for being unable to see the other person's side of things. He also loves to practice archery with both normal and high-tech bows. He is also schizophrenic, which has its ups and downs.
Appearance: Just like an average 25 year old male, except for the big pumpkin...
Inventory:
  • LB244: Deals 16 damage (32 when charged). Looks like a normal bow, but it has a high-charge string that doubles the damage of the arrow. It requires organic matter to charge in between battles, matter from that which has been 'killed' in the LotD will not work.
  • LD651: Deals 20 damage (30 when charged), It also deals Instant death/incapacitation to lesser enemies when used from behind in stealth. It is a dagger with blue, glowing patterns on it. It requires organic matter to charge in between battles, matter from that which has been 'killed' in the LotD will not work.
  • Hooded robe: 10DEF. Looks like normal cloth, it's actually somewhat resistant to physical force(takes less damage from attacks of physical nature).
Abilities:

• Triple Shot: Shoots 3 targets with arrows at once(Stack arrows randomly if < 3) that deal 8 damage each (16 when charged).
  • Basic Alchemy: Dowses a brittle arrow in a hastily made health potion that heals 10-20 health. Has a chance to break on its way to the recipient.
Perks:
  • Schizophrenia: Sometimes has hallucinations that either cheer him on or discourage him. Positive ones up damage by 2 points, negative lowers by 2 points.
  • Cloaking Device: He put it in his Asmowatch for stealth. People with good depth perception can see him. If someone or something touches anywhere above his ankles, his cloaking will disappear, the cloak will also break if an attack he makes connects.
  • Augmented cloaking: With this, you can look like someone else if you have a good DNA sample (blood, hair, and saliva count, but skin cells do not).
One time ability: Burrow, you can go underground and take down enemies with your dagger from there, instantly killing them.

Also, please point out any weirdness that may occur in this message, Firefox apparently does not like drawing selections with text, it's really annoying, one thing I miss about Chrome.

I’m sorry that it was hard to analyze, I have a habit of over complicating things. Also, sorry for any spelling mistakes that I may make in the next few hours, I have to type on my phone instead of my laptop.
[doublepost=1556300136,1556300104][/doublepost]And you got it completely correct, so that’s a yay.

Back
Top Bottom