The Last Post Wins!

Oh, sorry. I just tried to be nice

why does this look like Comic Sans? or rather: is this Comic Sans?

Also, to @SkeletalDestroyr and anyone else who wants to decipher my previous message: It's very similar to his post, but in other base
It is Comic Sans. When I’m using TCF on a computer, I have an extension called Augmented TCF arhat add a bunch of cool stuff, like more fonts and custom emotes, along with some other neat features.

U must upgrade!
Nah. I found this:

Well, after hearing how much much performance improved with the Quantum engine, I disconnected/deleted my Firefox account (to prevent unintentional syncing) and updated my Win10 laptop to Firefox 57 (and yes, the performance improvement is quite noticeable). Still have 56.0.2 on my Win7 desktop.

And with a little finagling, I got ATCF working in FF57. At least the main things I depended on work: the floating top menu and the tab alert notifications. I can't vouch for every feature working. Please view this as a temporary, potentially risky work-around until Everest can find time to make an official Firefox version.

FAIR WARNING: do this at your own risk, I only know this worked for me
  1. Be running Firefox v57 or later,
  2. From the Mozilla addon site, install this extension: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/chrome-store-foxified/?src=userprofile You might want to read through the description of what this extension does and why it might work
  3. Navigate to the Chrome extension site (yes, Chrome) and search there for 'augmented tcf'. The link is here. Note that at the top right is an option for 'Add to Firefox'. Click that.
  4. You now get a page with this on it: View attachment 187909
  5. What I did: Click the Save to Disk / Unsigned option, which will save the converted extension as 'Augmented TCF-1.2.10.xpi' in the location you choose. Remember where you saved it.
  6. Now open a new tab and enter this in the address bar: 'about:debugging' To the right at the top of the resulting page, you'll see a button labeled 'Load Temporary Add-On'. Click that, and navigate to where you saved that .xpi file in the previous step. Select it and click OK.
  7. This will attempt to load the extension. If you now go to TCF / refresh the page, it should be 'working'. You may see a few messages that appear to be errors, I just ignored them.
  8. You may well have to reload this manually every time you restart your browser. (eta: yes, you do). Just go back to 'about:debugging', and below the listing for Augmented TCF, there's a Reload button. Click that. Or repeat step 6.

Again, I don't really know why/how any of this works, and I have no idea how to help anyone trying to debug any of the features that I don't use.

Back
Top Bottom