The Last Post Wins!

2cd34cb629f707c.png

Behold the Ebonwood Pencil of Death! You get to draw people's fates with this. Use it wisely or else.

[Prologue]

With purity, there is also corruption.

With corruption, there is also purity.

On the most evil day of existence, all evil will be cleansed in one single sweep.

The one who has seen too much will cleanse all evil... and all goodness.

The four who stand in their way will be scattered into nothingness.

And a world is born... A world of nothingness.

A perfect world, with no one to sin or wage war... and with no one to be happy or joyful...

A world where there is no emotion, therefore no reason for impurity.

Purity would have cleansed the world, into perfect, permanent perfection.

-The Neutral Prophecy

"Hmm... We seem to have memories... That is a quite peculiar side effect. We were suppose to forget what we have. Ah, but it still gives us a fighting chance against those who wish to harm us," spoke the creature who would lurk in many hearts.

The creature looked around, seeing everything as if it never saw it before. The laboratory itself was built with simple stone bricks, vials of questionable substances spilled here and there, a few tables with large stacks of books piled as if chaos broke in and ransacked the place, and the most dominant piece in the laboratory. This was a portal, a machine that proves the existence of other worlds, and from which the creature came from.

"Av-Kra is gone, and from it, a lesson. We must fulfill our goal. Our destiny. We have our unity. We have our duty to fulfill the prophecy. And we have our destiny to look to..."

And so, the process of purity began...

[Chapter 1: Darkness falls]

Despite falling, she still stood. She had risen out of the dark substance, only to find herself changed. Mutated. Corrupted. Her sister had left her, of course this was predictable. After all, falling into a pool of whatever this was would make you want to run. The being who fell rose up, only to find crimson red blood falling from her arms, yet there was no wounds. The pool itself wasn't made out of blood, so this confused her. When she tried to leave it, she found that all of her limbs were twisted, bent in odd shapes, as if she was a monster. She still retained the look of being human, which made everything even more horrific. Why was this happening to her? Why was she turned into this creature? But no time for that, her body made it quite hard to move without pain, and right now, survival was everything.

"Hello? Anyone there?" said the warped being. The voice she spoke in wasn't her own, puzzling herself even further. She looked around, it was simply a cave with the pool of darkness in the center. The mutation was obviously a shock to her system, causing her mind to be unable to retain most of her memories. But then something even more peculiar happened. The mask she wore began to speak to her.

"I'm here, with you," spoke the mask.

"Who are you?"

"I'm your mask, of course. You aren't hallucinating."

"Are you sure, cause a mask telling me that is a sure sign of that I am."

"Point taken, but I'm not here to harm you. You must rise, let your senses take a hold of your body to even have a chance of survival."

She tried to let her senses take hold. But she couldn't.

"What do you mean 'let my senses take a hold'?"

"Forget yourself, let your blood remember what it has already learned."

She cleared her thoughts, and was able to get up.

"Thanks," said the being.

"You shall know me as Aerean, I'm not actually your mask. I am a planeswalker, even though I rather be something else," spoke the possessed mask.

She stood up, blood still dripping. She looked human, still two legs, still two arms, even two eyes, but everything was just weird. Her armor also changed, as if it was tainted by shadows.

She simply left the cave, in search for her sister... Even though she would never see her sister again.

[Chapter 2: Just the beginning]

Aerean simply thought of his life. Everything was different. He was exiled, accused, and stolen from. But yet, he knew that these memories were fake to him. These came from the Master, his father or mother, depending on how you would see it. He was a clone, not of the Master, but of himself, just a repeat, with no original in the first place. How mind boggling it was.

"Hmm. How noble I save one being when there are thousands out there needing help as well," muttered Aerean.

"And how's that going for you?" spoke Darkness.

"Ack! Don't scare me like that!" replied Aerean.

"Reminds me when you, or someone like you saved me. A mess I was."

"Anyways, report. The villagers?"

"Joined."

"The Corrupted?"

"Dead."

"The resistance?"

"Fled."

"The Elements?"

"In the Vault."

"All of it?"

Darkness glanced at her arm, still twisted ever since that burning liquid touched her a few years ago, "Yes, all of it. I remember what could happen again."

"Yes, Darkness, and if the Master decides that punishment is created, you won't have me to help you again," replied Aerean.

"Even though you haven't actually helped me as your time as a clone."

Aerean simply rolled his eyes, it was getting tiresome to constantly be reminded that he was a clone. He simply left the room he was in, he didn't want to be mocked too much. He reported to a dark chamber.

"I see you have had a chat with Darkness," spoke the Master. The Master wasn't truly there, they used special energized crystals to keep an eye on things and to communicate with most of their allies while they attended to other tasks.

"Yes, Master. I have, and everything is proceeding as is."

"Good. You remember your last exile? I want you to return there and gather all the information there. Those two dragons seem to have more than they are letting on. And I want as much information as possible. Entech and P-Don are also getting annoying, with the release of Ghoul making thing even harder to complete our goal."

"Yes, Master. I will report there."

"And see that you don't cause trouble."

The Master simply ended the conversation right there. They recalled his memories. Yes, there was Alpha, Murph, Defure, Jennifer, Bubby, Program, etc. were contained within the base. The Master already had placed a delayed invasion on the place, coming from the Imposter. No doubt the Imposter would be killed in the effort, but the theft of one of the planes and some of their valuable resources easily make up for it. The Imposter was too self-centered anyways, they didn't see the world as it was and the Imposter did not embrace the calling.

Now. The Master would wait. They knew many things that would shock the inhabitants of the base. But the Imposter was just a small test. Not an actual attempt to kill them. The Master thought of the good times that they had with the inhabitants of the base. The being that turned them to their destiny was that shadow, the shadow that lurked as a hunter that represents what the Master hated.

Corruption.

Back
Top Bottom