The Last Post Wins!

The mech lands on the ground too.
Firing off more missiles at Desire.
(4)
At this point he might just be taking the hits to save energy to strengthen the chain even more...

Both Pols try again.
(6 + 3 = 9, 4 + 3 = 7)
<...um...>
<Are they good now?>

Viren nocks another arrow, ready to shoot.
(I haven't attacked you a single time dude)
Mystin looks at Viren.
"Let's just go already."

"And as much as I would tell that to the people still fighting Desire, I don't think they'd listen even though there's no way they're saving Erven at this point."

(4)
At this point he might just be taking the hits to save energy to strengthen the chain even more...
<...well.>
<This isn't getting anywhere.>

The mech just grabs at Desire again.

(6 + 3 = 9, 4 + 3 = 7)
"..."
"HONESTLY."

Let me guess, not even a 4 would do anything.

*Both proceed with the chain breaking*

(I haven't attacked you a single time dude)
Mystin looks at Viren.
"Let's just go already."

"And as much as I would tell that to the people still fighting Desire, I don't think they'd listen even though there's no way they're saving Erven at this point."
<<I can hear that by the way, Mystin.>>
<<I blame plot for this.>>

"...alright?"
Viren motions for Mystin to follow them.
...as a portal opens up by them, spitting out Esther and Rylin.
"...hey?"
"...let's get out of here. Come on."

Viren heads off into the tunnel.

Hmmm...
Aren't they going to want revenge for this then, playing by their own rules...
No, I'm not talking about any OC's.

<...well.>
<This isn't getting anywhere.>

The mech just grabs at Desire again.
(6)
Desire teleports out of the way again.

Antasy is preparing another soul blast.
<...I can't miss this one. It's my last chance with this.>

"..."
"HONESTLY."

Let me guess, not even a 4 would do anything.

*Both proceed with the chain breaking*
If it happens, maybe, but the RNG seems to disagree.
(10 + 3 = 13 best number, 5 + 3 = 8)
At this point, Erven weakly sighs.
"Just... go. I'll be fine."
<<I can hear that by the way, Mystin.>>
<<I blame plot for this.>>
_Alright then._
"...alright?"
Viren motions for Mystin to follow them.
...as a portal opens up by them, spitting out Esther and Rylin.
"...hey?"
"...let's get out of here. Come on."

Viren heads off into the tunnel.
My characters follow.
Hmmm...
Aren't they going to want revenge for this then, playing by their own rules...
No, I'm not talking about any OC's.
Are you really expecting a Void Shaper to not be extremely powerful?

1679748527962.png

(6)
Desire teleports out of the way again.

Antasy is preparing another soul blast.
<...I can't miss this one. It's my last chance with this.>
The mech stands back, noting Antasy's soul blast.
<...>
Ver then, from inside, holds their hand out, creating a Davkium clamp-thing behind Desire that clamps shut, trying to trap them in place.

If it happens, maybe, but the RNG seems to disagree.
(10 + 3 = 13 best number, 5 + 3 = 8)
At this point, Erven weakly sighs.
"Just... go. I'll be fine."
"..."
"What kind of guardian would I be, if I didn't try at least one more time?"

The Pol's try again.

_Alright then._

My characters follow.
Viren leads the way...not entirely sure where he's going.

Are you really expecting a Void Shaper to not be extremely powerful?
So are the guardians. Not that Banana's had much of a chance to let them have their moment so they can demonstrate that. They say "show, don't tell" for a reason.
Maybe they didn't get the right impressions with the Void Shaper.

RNG manipulation (The first instance Banana asked for it), black holes...wouldn't you be able to showcase the Shaper as powerful if you threw something back in response? Banana would've been fine with Desire having a counter with it. Maybe they're not affected by gravity or something, and have their own little power mode that imparts a -1 modifier on Pol's defence rolls.

What was made to happen instead kinda felt like cheap shots.

Pretty sure that's at least one of the sources of their frustration. Not really getting a good chance to kinda do their thing.
*Shrug*

Not that I care about that tho. Writing (which RP'ing basically is) is meant to evoke emotion, amirite? I don't see a reason to care, so I'm just kinda doing my best not to. Neither of us are pros at this, mistakes are inevitable on both our parts.

Don't you dare feel bad or anything about this. I'm just tryna vent. And sorry if this stings.

Just need to think about how best to do better next time...
AAnd I gtg for food.

The mech stands back, noting Antasy's soul blast.
<...>
Ver then, from inside, holds their hand out, creating a Davkium clamp-thing behind Desire that clamps shut, trying to trap them in place.
(1)
That works.

"..."
"What kind of guardian would I be, if I didn't try at least one more time?"

The Pol's try again.
(2 + 3 = 5, 2 + 3 = 5)
So close...
Viren leads the way...not entirely sure where he's going.

So are the guardians. Not that Banana's had much of a chance to let them have their moment so they can demonstrate that. They say "show, don't tell" for a reason.
Maybe they didn't get the right impressions with the Void Shaper.

RNG manipulation (The first instance Banana asked for it), black holes...wouldn't you be able to showcase the Shaper as powerful if you threw something back in response? Banana would've been fine with Desire having a counter with it. Maybe they're not affected by gravity or something, and have their own little power mode that imparts a -1 modifier on Pol's defence rolls.

What was made to happen instead kinda felt like cheap shots.

Pretty sure that's at least one of the sources of their frustration. Not really getting a good chance to kinda do their thing.
*Shrug*

Not that I care about that tho. Writing (which RP'ing basically is) is meant to evoke emotion, amirite? I don't see a reason to care, so I'm just kinda doing my best not to. Neither of us are pros at this, mistakes are inevitable on both our parts.

Don't you dare feel bad or anything about this. I'm just tryna vent. And sorry if this stings.

Just need to think about how best to do better next time...
AAnd I gtg for food.
*Sighs*
here's the thing.
We've been extremely tired since tuesday because of how terribly we've slept these past few nights, and even thinking about lore developments has been hard as a result. We're not really capable of putting energy aside to think of proper counter things that wouldn't immediately feel like flat-out cheating our way out, which is why we instead just stated when we're not okay with something.

(1)
That works.
“FIRE ON THEM NOW, YOU WITH THE BLAST.”

(2 + 3 = 5, 2 + 3 = 5)
So close...
The Pol’s notice this opportunity.
“…we’ve still got time…”
They try again.

*Sighs*
here's the thing.
We've been extremely tired since tuesday because of how terribly we've slept these past few nights, and even thinking about lore developments has been hard as a result. We're not really capable of putting energy aside to think of proper counter things that wouldn't immediately feel like flat-out cheating our way out, which is why we instead just stated when we're not okay with something.
That’s fair.
Honestly, it’s hard for me to even identify what’s wrong, if anything is.

Maybe I thought it was unfair that you get free reign over manipulating RNG in your favor and I didn’t. I don’t know.
If this was meant to be a hopeless endeavor anyway, then of course that should be about fair, actually. I think the thing is, this is simply dragging on too long for it to even feel like a hopeless boss-fight or something.

You could’ve just straight up ignored RNG if you really wanted something done now too, quickly and/or decisively. However, considering your self esteem, I’m guessing that sure as heck wasn’t going to happen since that’d require asking or simply asserting yourself.

Tell ya what. If whatever you need to do is just waiting for the right rolls to happen…then do it now.
I’m saying now that you can screw RNG and straight up turn the tables on Pol and Ver in an instant. Show what Desire can do, don’t just tell. And if it feels like cheating, then that’s because Desire is the one with power in the room, not Pol and Ver. Your plot says Desire kidnaps Erven or something, right?

In other words, I’m fine with RNG being ignored for your next response to this.

“FIRE ON THEM NOW, YOU WITH THE BLAST.”

The Pol’s notice this opportunity.
“…we’ve still got time…”
They try again.

That’s fair.
Honestly, it’s hard for me to even identify what’s wrong, if anything is.

Maybe I thought it was unfair that you get free reign over manipulating RNG in your favor and I didn’t. I don’t know.
If this was meant to be a hopeless endeavor anyway, then of course that should be about fair, actually. I think the thing is, this is simply dragging on too long for it to even feel like a hopeless boss-fight or something.

You could’ve just straight up ignored RNG if you really wanted something done now too, quickly and/or decisively. However, considering your self esteem, I’m guessing that sure as heck wasn’t going to happen since that’d require asking or simply asserting yourself.

Tell ya what. If whatever you need to do is just waiting for the right rolls to happen…then do it now.
I’m saying now that you can screw RNG and straight up turn the tables on Pol and Ver in an instant. Show what Desire can do, don’t just tell. And if it feels like cheating, then that’s because Desire is the one with power in the room, not Pol and Ver. Your plot says Desire kidnaps Erven or something, right?

In other words, I’m fine with RNG being ignored for your next response to this.
Moreso holding Erven hostage. The backup would've been Esther if the first roll on the chain didn't just go "but what if 1".
But, fine. Lemme just yeet out the RNG tab, considering Antasy now also has a straight shot, I'll respond next post after I finish bullying myself with a prepless fishron attempt as punishment.

Back
Top Bottom