Video The legend never dies (Hardcore, For the Worthy, Master Mode)

SorbetCafe

Terrarian
Edit: Got around to editing all of the hardmode stuff. See the replies for the second and final video, in which I beat the game

I've been working on this for a little while now. It's a pretty fun challenge, a bit stressful, but really rewarding.

This is the playlist of unedited recordings up to the end of prehardmode, at least. Wouldn't want to spoil the ending now completed.

Last edited:
this is cool but after this you should do Journey mode and put the difficulty slider at 2.95, right before master mode.
its so much harder
not even gonna think FTW(for the worthy)

this is cool but after this you should do Journey mode and put the difficulty slider at 2.95, right before master mode.
its so much harder
not even gonna think FTW(for the worthy)
I've already finished playing, I just need to edit a video with all the stuff that happened in hardmode. How is that much different than a normal world? I'm not usually a fan of redoing things slightly differently but if it's substantially different I might try it out.

You know how defense is more effective in master mode? NOT WITH 2.95! Bosses are even stronger! Those master mode only drops? GONE!
Here is a vid that explains it better than I can

just.... wow.
how? what tips do you have for other players?
Assuming you mean for hardcore FTW and not just normal FTW:
  • Be a coward. Always be a coward. Keep a bunch of recall potions on hand at all times (recalls are faster than a magic mirror). If there's a chance you're going to die, recall. Most hardmode enemies will 1-2 shot you early on and even with 600HP, endurance buffs, etc. you can't take many hits.
  • Always be extremely cautious and avoid any risks that can be avoided. Have lifeforce and endurance potions for anything remotely dangerous. Hunter potions (and dangersense) are incredible and make staying alive against normal enemies much easier. Fight the brain on the surface with plenty of space, bring Golem into a large arena outside of the temple, don't half-:red: a wall of flesh walkway, etc.
  • Don't take unnecessary risks. Things I did not do: pumpkin moon, frost moon, any of the Old One's Armies, the hardmode dungeon, solar eclipses, martian madness, queen slime, the underground desert, or the hardmode underworld. I kept things pretty minimal - I only fought bosses that were required for progression or that benefitted me significantly. Ex. I fought Duke Fishron because the Tsunami is incredible, and the Empress because the soaring insignia is incredible, and I didn't feel that either of them were realistically going to kill me. I got a lot of biome keys, I didn't use any of them, because the hardmode dungeon is a deathtrap. Teleporting enemies that attack almost instantly, enemies that go through and attack through walls, massive amounts of enemies, snipers that'll one-shot you from off screen, spirits that spawn from dead enemies, etc.
There are also a lot of ways you could make things easier. I didn't really use any cheese or good arenas for most bosses. I used a few potions of return with the destroyer and had decent places to fight the brain/wall of flesh/plantera/golem, but other than that I was rocking a few platforms or nothing at all.

The weapons and armor I used throughout the game were:
Grenades --> undertaker --> revolver & minishark --> molten fury --> phoenix blaster --> onyx blaster --> dart pistol --> tsunami
Platinum --> Crimson --> Necro --> Mythril --> Adamantite --> Hallowed --> Beetle (literally just for the moon lord, used hallowed until after killing the last pillar)

If you meant regular FTW, idk, be able to dodge, if you can't dodge then learn how to dodge. The prehardmode bosses (skeletron, the brain, the wall of flesh) are more difficult than the hardmode bosses relative to your character's strength imo.

Thanks.
the problem is... the danger comes before you know it.
but still helpful!
I am attempting ftw on expert but will do it on a medium world becuase of dps.I had the demon scythe,but even that didn't clear him.
I had to sadly use a maxed out character.

Thanks.
the problem is... the danger comes before you know it.
but still helpful!
I am attempting ftw on expert but will do it on a medium world becuase of dps.I had the demon scythe,but even that didn't clear him.
I had to sadly use a maxed out character.

I guess that's part of the mindset. The danger will come before you know it, so instead always expect the danger to be there. Never assume something is safe. That way you won't get caught off guard when the danger does come.
Good luck with your playthrough!

Also, if worst comes to worst, the star cannon shreds the wall of flesh on every difficulty if you've got the ammo for it. I used a phoenix blaster, but if you're struggling for damage it's the best you'll get.

I guess that's part of the mindset. The danger will come before you know it, so instead always expect the danger to be there. Never assume something is safe. That way you won't get caught off guard when the danger does come.
Good luck with your playthrough!

Also, if worst comes to worst, the star cannon shreds the wall of flesh on every difficulty if you've got the ammo for it. I used a phoenix blaster, but if you're struggling for damage it's the best you'll get.
ok.Well,it's too late but I'll keep that in mind for my master playthrough.
I guess that makes sense,I'll keep that in mind for all playthroughs.

Assuming you mean for hardcore FTW and not just normal FTW:
  • Be a coward. Always be a coward. Keep a bunch of recall potions on hand at all times (recalls are faster than a magic mirror). If there's a chance you're going to die, recall. Most hardmode enemies will 1-2 shot you early on and even with 600HP, endurance buffs, etc. you can't take many hits.
  • Always be extremely cautious and avoid any risks that can be avoided. Have lifeforce and endurance potions for anything remotely dangerous. Hunter potions (and dangersense) are incredible and make staying alive against normal enemies much easier. Fight the brain on the surface with plenty of space, bring Golem into a large arena outside of the temple, don't half-:red: a wall of flesh walkway, etc.
  • Don't take unnecessary risks. Things I did not do: pumpkin moon, frost moon, any of the Old One's Armies, the hardmode dungeon, solar eclipses, martian madness, queen slime, the underground desert, or the hardmode underworld. I kept things pretty minimal - I only fought bosses that were required for progression or that benefitted me significantly. Ex. I fought Duke Fishron because the Tsunami is incredible, and the Empress because the soaring insignia is incredible, and I didn't feel that either of them were realistically going to kill me. I got a lot of biome keys, I didn't use any of them, because the hardmode dungeon is a deathtrap. Teleporting enemies that attack almost instantly, enemies that go through and attack through walls, massive amounts of enemies, snipers that'll one-shot you from off screen, spirits that spawn from dead enemies, etc.
I like your take on the game & I feel it's probably the most honest feedback you'll get when it comes to gauging difficulty (nothing to prove, no motive). Some areas of the game rival that of Bosses in difficulty, simply because regular enemies & their locations are part of game progression too. ☺👍 I agree, the Hardmode Dungeon is indeed a deathtrap, & there are some areas that absolutely should be respected if you only have one life!

Back
Top Bottom