tModLoader The Legend of the Mage Island Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaractus

Ice Queen
haha this doesn't exist anymore

this project kinda sucked so i got rid of it

I wouldve deleted this post, but i couldnt so this is here.

i might begin working on a serious mod project later but i have no plans to, not that it matters.

Last edited:
I have some feedback on your sprites.
So to be honest, your sprites are pretty bad. There are a few that seem to be not 2x2 pixels(4 pixels of the SAME color in a square, which is the way terraria sprites are)), and the best way to do 2x2 is to make it in 1x1 then resize the whole sprite by 200% or by 2(this stops mixels, which are 2x2 pixels with not the same color pixels in them). Most of the sprites either have little to no shading, the outlines aren't dark enough(like cosmo material), they don't have much contrast, the highlights are right by the outlines(not a good thing to do). I kinda like the way you were going with the blurry mage blades, but the way you did it wasn't very well done. The uzi, Pokemon thing, and the Switch controllers are examples of obvious 1x1. And I might be wrong, but there seem to be at least 2 pixel artists here(or maybe borrowed sprites), because the quality of certain items differs from the majority, such as the baseball bat and uzi, which are more quality. If you did make those, I apologize, but it's very different styles and qualities.

So to be honest, your sprites are pretty bad. There are a few that seem to be not 2x2 pixels(4 pixels of the SAME color in a square, which is the way terraria sprites are)), and the best way to do 2x2 is to make it in 1x1 then resize the whole sprite by 200% or by 2(this stops mixels, which are 2x2 pixels with not the same color pixels in them). Most of the sprites either have little to no shading, the outlines aren't dark enough(like cosmo material), they don't have much contrast, the highlights are right by the outlines(not a good thing to do). I kinda like the way you were going with the blurry mage blades, but the way you did it wasn't very well done. The uzi, Pokemon thing, and the Switch controllers are examples of obvious 1x1. And I might be wrong, but there seem to be at least 2 pixel artists here(or maybe borrowed sprites), because the quality of certain items differs from the majority, such as the baseball bat and uzi, which are more quality. If you did make those, I apologize, but it's very different styles and qualities.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense, but I did make all of these and later on I started to use different types of shading and stuff. I'm trying to improve, and some of them, I know, I need to fix to make it 2x2. If I do manage to continue with this mod, I will probably update these with whatever style I use, which hopefully I get better. I also kind of phase through different styles, but I think that's stopping now. Thank you for your feeback!

I made another sword sprite using your feedback and using the Calamity mod sprites as reference and made a slightly messy sprite. Could you rate it for me? I don't think it looks too great, but that's just me. I might add this in the game, it looks pretty cool though, but like I said, messy (I guess).

idk.png

I made another sword sprite using your feedback and using the Calamity mod sprites as reference and made a slightly messy sprite. Could you rate it for me? I don't think it looks too great, but that's just me. I might add this in the game, it looks pretty cool though, but like I said, messy (I guess).

View attachment 213963
well the hilt is pretty gradienty and the outlines are black, but overall, it's better, if you go to this discord, they can help

If your looking for a someone to help you with spriting, I am currently open and looking for some thing to do cause im bored.

If your looking for a someone to help you with spriting, I am currently open and looking for some thing to do cause im bored.
Thanks! That be really helpful. However, I am currently taking a break from modding. If I need help, I'll ask you. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom