Map-Adventure The Legend of Zelda - A Link to Terraria

Wow, this map, just, amazing, love it so much!

Though 1 thing to note, I'm not sure how well known of a bug this is, but if you are at full speed with hermes boots and you hit a wall where there isn't a block under you on the side that you hit the wall, you will glitch and fall through the block under you, using that glitch (And the ice rod) I was able to trap myself in the underground passage that takes you to the entrance of the fire temple, luckily I kept my pickaxe (I keep it because of reasons like this) so I mined my way out, I suppose that you could just use a magic mirror to get out, but still.

And a request, Expert mode version?

I'm not sure if you changed it after this post, but having a paladin's hammer made him pathetic for me playing solo.
Thanks for the kind words! :)

I'm not understanding your glitch though, but it really doesn't matter. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's impossible to make an adventure map glitch/cheat proof. If you accidentally glitch to somewhere you shouldn't be, that's what the Magic Mirror is for, and if someone wants to break the rules they will. ;)

I can see about adding an Expert mode version, but people already find it hard enough. Balancing adventure maps is extremely hard just for the fact that the player base has an extremely wide range of gaming abilities.

Finally, like I said above, even with the Paladin's hammer, the Golem can be near impossible for some folks, so again, it's just a matter of balance.

Thanks again for your kind words and suggestions. Once 1.3.1 is out, I will be updating the map with some improvements and if I can better understand your glitch with the Hermes Boots, I may be able to patch it then. (screenshots work well for explaining these things)

Cheers!

Thanks for the kind words! :)

I'm not understanding your glitch though, but it really doesn't matter. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's impossible to make an adventure map glitch/cheat proof. If you accidentally glitch to somewhere you shouldn't be, that's what the Magic Mirror is for, and if someone wants to break the rules they will. ;)

I'm not surprised that you didn't understand the glitch, hopefully screenshots help.

So you put a wall here
Capture 2016-02-26 14_30_30.png

And then you run into the wall making sure you get to max speed with your hermes boots, and you fall through the block under you like this.
Capture 2016-02-26 14_30_37.png
(I know I cut off my character shut up)
I can see about adding an Expert mode version, but people already find it hard enough. Balancing adventure maps is extremely hard just for the fact that the player base has an extremely wide range of gaming abilities.
Most do yes, but some want a harder version, it's not like you're changing the map to expert mode, just balance it for normal mode and let expert mode be insanely hard for those that dare to attempt it. It doesn't take all that much work to open a map editor and change the map to exper- oh wait, I could do that myself :p.

Thanks for the screenshots! That makes way more sense. I should be able to fix that by putting some extra blocks below it, but those are lava overflow trenches. They do actually spill out to the underworld, so I can always re-route them so that even if you fall down it, you won't be able to skip anything.

Also, you are correct, TEdit makes it really easy to switch a world from normal to expert. ;)

Thanks again! :)

The only way you'd probably be able to fix that is by putting putting single blocks about 2 blocks under the holes in that floor. Enough room for the lava to go down, but will stop you from falling through to a spot you shouldn't be in. The dashing at high speeds and going through a 1 block wide hole bug is rather well known and very hard to account for on all adventure maps.

The only way you'd probably be able to fix that is by putting putting single blocks about 2 blocks under the holes in that floor. Enough room for the lava to go down, but will stop you from falling through to a spot you shouldn't be in. The dashing at high speeds and going through a 1 block wide hole bug is rather well known and very hard to account for on all adventure maps.
Just figured I would mention it, doesn't need to be fixed, there are 2 spawn points really close by that you can just mirror to.

Well, um, I went to play this after 1.3.1 came out, because I felt in the mood to go on an adventure spree. I noticed a problem immediately though:

With the new updates, Biome chests require Plantera to be beaten, and you happen to use a few. This means the map is probably broken until further notice... It might still be completable, but I will just wait for an update `:D

Well, um, I went to play this after 1.3.1 came out, because I felt in the mood to go on an adventure spree. I noticed a problem immediately though:

With the new updates, Biome chests require Plantera to be beaten, and you happen to use a few. This means the map is probably broken until further notice... It might still be completable, but I will just wait for an update `:D
Thanks for your concern but the map actually has Plantera flagged as defeated. It's completely playable and was actually updated pretty significantly when 1.3 was released.

No need for concern! Play away! :)

P.S. The update to this adventure map for 1.3.1 won't be for a while. I'm working on it slowly, but it's at least 2 months out. The current version works very well though and is 100% still playable and can be completed. In-fact, 1.3.1 fixed a nasty bug from my 1.3 update where you couldn't save the world after defeating the Wall of Flesh. For whatever reason the game wouldn't spawn the corruption and hallow "X" on the world after defeating the WoF and if you tried to leave the game after that the program would just hang trying to save it. This has been fixed in 1.3.1 so it's even better! ;)

very much looking forward to the new version <3 Are you going to implement all bosses this time? Or will it be like the last version (defeating WoF and then directly golem)

very much looking forward to the new version <3 Are you going to implement all bosses this time? Or will it be like the last version (defeating WoF and then directly golem)
The basic structure of the adventure isn't going to change. So the Golem is going to be the final boss like it has been since the 1.3 update. The problem with trying to include the mechanical bosses is that they are most often too hard for players to solo (even with some decent gear given away) and they also take a large arena to fight them in, especially if they aren't summoned on the ground.

Thanks for the feedback though! :)

yeah, the Item balance was what bothers me the most during my playthrough. Been completely hallowed tier when dealing with the WoF, okay, it makes a bit sense since you did effort to find the stuff, but all that for even stronger items in a nearby chest directly when fighting golem? it felt weird...
To come back at this thing, I'll be honest, the golem is an easy boss where you wouldn't need the chlorophyte gear or Paladins Hammer for it.
In fact, just remove the chest with the Chlorophyte gear makes the boss much more of a fun challenge.

To come back at this thing, I'll be honest, the golem is an easy boss where you wouldn't need the chlorophyte gear or Paladins Hammer for it.
In fact, just remove the chest with the Chlorophyte gear makes the boss much more of a fun challenge.
I hear you, but trust me when I say that for every one person who thinks it's easy, there's 10 people who can't even beat the the Wall of Flesh, let alone get to the Golem. It's impossible to balance this map perfectly, but I did make it harder in the last update. The gear for the Golem is specifically there for those who have a hard time with him, but if you want a challenge, then by all means try it without taking the gear in the last chest.

Finally, it's supposed to be easier if you find all the secrets, which is the point of hiding powerful items. The folks who don't explore each area fully can actually get to the WoF and be completely under-geared and face stomped. Which is why you can still get back to the surface, to find some secrets and get some better gear.

If you have any suggestions on what items could be swapped with the current items, I'm more than willing to negotiate the item progression. As it currently stands though, it's almost 5 years worth of balancing and progression that has been changed and updated with each update. Getting that perfect balance of gear and dificulty is no easy task, that's for sure!
[doublepost=1467734015,1467733534][/doublepost]
30smEFb.png

Case in point, from 2 days ago. o_O
Again, I'm open to suggestions though, as I am currently working on the 1.3.1 update. :)

30smEFb.png

Case in point, from 2 days ago. o_O
Again, I'm open to suggestions though, as I am currently working on the 1.3.1 update. :)
...Welp, I didn't expected such reply.

Well, I cannot really complain much about then, some find it too easy, and others have a harder time.
Can relate, I thought first the Lunatic Cultist was impossible, despite most find it a rather easy boss.

Well, I cannot really suggest much else then.

...Welp, I didn't expected such reply.

Well, I cannot really complain much about then, some find it too easy, and others have a harder time.
Can relate, I thought first the Lunatic Cultist was impossible, despite most find it a rather easy boss.

Well, I cannot really suggest much else then.
No worries man. I've already got an improvement in the works I think you'll like. I'm going to add a sign in the Golem room. It's going to say something to the effect of, "Ganon's final form will be your toughest fight yet, but if you'd like to make the final battle more difficult, do not take any weapons or armor from the these chests."

At least that way, folks like you who want to test their skills and have a hard fight can do so and those who want to steamroll it can do so as well.

Lemme know what you think! :)

So, I went checking a recent video about the current map (Credits to @DerpoTheMagnificent )
And I noticed the changes you've made post-WoF, with the new, more exiting path to the key, and the armor is balancedd from Molten Armor against WoF and Hallowed against the Golem.

Gonna be honest, I thought it had still the chlorophyte armor in it, and that's why I thought the fight could not be considere 'too hard'. But I really like the changes at that area :) I don't think it needs at lot of balance changing anymore. maybe that sign change, but I don't even find that very needed.

I know you're not doing adventure maps anymore, but I've got a very nice idea, and since A Link to Terraria is the best Adventure Map I've ever played, I think I should share it with you, just in case you'll start working on it again, someday
Instead of finding hardmode gear and fighting the Golem, after the WoF fight, you see (actually, read) Ganondorf escaping through a hole in a wall
You follow him there, but you find yourself in a pitch black corridor
You keep walking until you hear a click
After a second, the room lights up with glorious light, and you see a series of golden (painted) statues spelling out a Tinyurl link
If you go to that link, it downloads another map
You open the map, and you find yourself in the same room, this time dark again
Little do you know that you've entered the reign or Lorule (of course in Hardmode), where you'll find yourself in an epic new adventure, much like in ALttP and ALBW
Oh, also, Texture Packs are now easier to make, so you could also make that old Texture Pack shine again

Just suggestions though, don't want to put any hard work on your shoulders against your will!

I know you're not doing adventure maps anymore, but I've got a very nice idea, and since A Link to Terraria is the best Adventure Map I've ever played, I think I should share it with you, just in case you'll start working on it again, someday
Instead of finding hardmode gear and fighting the Golem, after the WoF fight, you see (actually, read) Ganondorf escaping through a hole in a wall
You follow him there, but you find yourself in a pitch black corridor
You keep walking until you hear a click
After a second, the room lights up with glorious light, and you see a series of golden (painted) statues spelling out a Tinyurl link
If you go to that link, it downloads another map
You open the map, and you find yourself in the same room, this time dark again
Little do you know that you've entered the reign or Lorule (of course in Hardmode), where you'll find yourself in an epic new adventure, much like in ALttP and ALBW
Oh, also, Texture Packs are now easier to make, so you could also make that old Texture Pack shine again

Just suggestions though, don't want to put any hard work on your shoulders against your will!
You have some great ideas, but I could always just pack the two worlds together in the same zip, and label them Part 1 & 2. I actually really like that idea. A second run through of the world. :D

Problem is I just don't have as much time to put into it like I used to. Maybe someday, but the map is in a great place right now and I don't want to mess with what is working.

I do hope to come back and work on the map some day, and I'd be lying if I said that another world, like a dark world, Lorule, or what have you, would be too hard. Just time consuming, and it's definitely #1 on my list of wishful additions. A Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda game after all. :)

Now the texture pack thing, that would still be a massive undertaking. ;)

Last edited:
I have a few things that might/should be changed, for starters, I feel that the dungeons are lackluster in getting you into the feeling of it being a Legend of Zelda map. There should be music boxes in every dungeon (For example maybe put the hell theme in the fire dungeon, as the meteorite song doesn't play in all sections of the dungeon. The platforms in the tree dungeon should blink on longer, as I found myself repeatedly trying to get past the last section. The tri-forces in the water dungeon also were easy to do, all the switches are at the top. I figured this out after the second switch. The "Legendary Sword" should be a Legendary Beam Sword, as the Night's Edge doesn't shoot the beam that all Legend of Zelda players associate the master sword's innate power with. I also think that the Ice Rod "side quest" should be a main quest as I couldn't beat the water dungeon without it, the sharks are just too powerful. I also think that some of the player sensors should be used to prevent being overrun with skeletons in the tree dungeon (It should also be easier to go into the dungeon, you can't jump down. And there should just be a teleporter up to the surface.) Maybe for some dungeon, (perhaps the sky dungeon) you should use birds as a source of inputs for a puzzle/parkour. My last note is that the wooden spikes are also too powerful, I get that it adds more to the theme of the dungeons, but they just do too much damage. (I recommend using painted normal spikes, or just giving the player(s) better armor). Thanks for reading this long criticism, and I hope you take my ideas into account at your next update. :happy:

Just a heads up you have some wire broken in the map, the start of the water temple can't be opened, and the brain of Cthulhu fight does't start ethier.

Back
Top Bottom