tModLoader The Light's Facade Mod (we are welcoming coders/spriters)

Are you interested into this mod being made?

• Not really, I'm not into story too much.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Barney Bagon

Terrarian
Hello all, my name is Barney. I present to all what me and my mini mod team have come up so far: The Light's Facade Mod.

It's a mod designed on two different aspects: Shadow/Twilight. It's a heavily story based mod, and you choose one of those two sides. Each of the paths have significant abilities/changes, and your job is to bring back peace to the respective cults. It's a heavy work in progress at the moment, with little sprites/code. This mod was also quite inspired by the game called 'League of Legends' I took some lore/content inspiration from some of it. If you're interested and can sprite/code, you can join our discord and work on the mod! The discord link: https://discord.gg/aTBWnem

Years ago, there was no living thing alive, no creature, nothing. The world was dark, nothing was there. Only darkness, endless darkness over the world of Terraria. Until out of nowhere, one ball of light was created out of thin air by nothing. This ball of light exploded, exposing the hidden world. A shape of a being appeared out of the ball. This creature's name was Abbadon. This creature had no gender, it was just 'it'. This creature knew nothing of the world, how he came to be, and what he was here for. The creature realized that it was the only light source in the world and that if the world would be permanently lighted for good, it would have to make some sort of way to light it without staying in the air for that long. Suddenly, he had this surge of power, making a ball of energy that was stabilized, and shot it into the air so it could light the skies. The ball would have to move, however, as it would be VERY unstable if kept in one place. The creature then afterward disappeared into the darkness he was in but left the only thing that reminded he existed.

Years later, civilization appeared. Of course, people started wondering, what is that ball of energy in the sky? They thought it was this magical being, this 'God' they needed to praise to. But obviously, some people had different ideas of it, some saying it was evil, some saying it was the whole point of being. This split up into 3 different cults. The Shadow, The Twilight, The Holy Light. Each clan had different motives, each very different. The whole of humanity at that point was split into these three different cults.

The Shadow - This clan thought the ball in the sky was a trick, to trick all humans to pray to it, and it was an evil object of nothing but sins and dark magic. Their goal was to destroy this energy ball, and they nearly successfully did it, if it wasn't for the other clans. They still took some of the energy from the ball of energy though, and twisted it with their own secret ways, and turned it into shadow magic.

The Twilight - This clan had an ideal that the ball of energy was destined to be there, and that eventually, it would crash down onto the world. So, they wanted to stop that from happening. They wanted to create a barrier around their country (land) to defend themselves from the ball. They also took some of the energy out of the ball, using magical rituals to do so. They forged it into 'Twilight' magic. The barrier was forged out of it, but they were uncertain if it would be enough.

The Holy Light - There is not much remembered in this clan. All that is left, was a society devoted to the ball in the sky, praying every day to it thinking it was this supreme God. They didn't absorb any energy from it, as they thought it would be indeed a sin to the God itself. However, as this clan didn't absorb anything, eventually it got taken out by both sides of the spectrum - Twilight and Shadow. The clan itself is deserted, with some believers left, but its whole nation was eventually killed by both Twilight and Shadow. Not else is much known from the clan itself.

Time passed. The Holy Light clan was overrun by the forces of Shadow and Twilight, nothing remained afterward of the clan but a few followers. The great war broke out between the two clans of Shadow and Twilight, but there was no declaration of the winner. They signed a treaty, and both acknowledged their ideals. However, Shadow will always be on the much grimmer side of the sun, and the Twilight will always be on the neutral. The missing was the Holy Light. But there is no 'Light' side in this spectrum. Only in between, and the grim.

Years later, you open your eyes. You don't seem to remember anything - about the wars, where you came from, or anything. All, that you know is that you have these powers of the shadows/twilight. You must figure out more about this world. However, in the distance, you see someone...

You learn you must bring back peace to the two clans, and stop the evil from within...

At the start of the game, start off with a shadow ability called 'Shadow Switch'
This will be used by using an acessory called a 'Shadow Ring'

Shadow Ring Sprite:
EtherealRing_1.png

You cast an ethereal shadow where your cursor is, and the shadow casts any projectile (e.g arrows, bullets, ect.), and lasts 5 seconds. Within these 5 seconds, you can switch with it as much as you can.
It has a 10 second cooldown once the shadow has disappeared.

Ethereal Shadow Sprite:
Ethereal Shadow.png

At the start of the game, you start off with an item called 'Twilight Blades'
These blades are made for passable terrain, once thrown the blades will affect the blocks. These blocks will become 'ethereal' and you may pass through them for 5 seconds.
These blades don't do any damage at the start, but later on, you may upgrade them to do so.

Twilight Blades Sprite:
Twilight_Mantle.png

Plans for the Future:
To rework the Brain of Confusion. We feel it's too useless, so we are gonna rework how it works.
Bosses, for shadow/twilight alike.
Enemies, for shadow/twilight alike.
A reputation bar, this will allow you to buy certain things, accessing things, and making NPCs neutral/harmful.
Biomes, potentially dimensions.
An upgrade tree. Upgrading your ability as you progress.
Mask Man. He'll be a fun one to talk to.

Working Level Key:
:^) = Working hard, progress being made quickly.
:^I = Not working too hard, slacking off. Progress being made slowly due to being busy, or not having a big enough team, or just pure laziness.
:^( = Taking a break, or just stopped the mod, or completed the mod.

Working Level - :^I

Thank you for reading the post! Please post your feedback, and the release of the first version for testing will be out shortly!

Last edited:
The discord invite expired. Anyway, I would like to try my hand at spriting some of this mod. Can you update the invite?

Ugh after 2 months of legit our mod doing nothing, our team has finally started working on the mod again. Sorry for late progress on this mod, It's just been people have being lazy (including me) and being busy. Back to schedule, beta should be up in the following weeks.

Back
Top Bottom