Other Literature The Literature Workshop

I thought I would never escape the village. The other people, I can't stand them. I never told them, but they all have their quirks. Hannah is to perky, Edward has prices that are to high, and Colin is such a smart-alec. Hopefully this old man the nurse has been talking about in the dungeon is troubled, so I can take my mind off of things.

As I approach the pink-brick dungeon, I see a man with a white beard. He sees me, smirks, and looks in the other direction, as a woman in yellow overalls approaches him. She starts to talk to him, and he grabs her, and throws her in.

I hear a scream.

I rush up to the old man, and start giving him a piece of my mind. "Stop throwing innocent girls into your house! Curse you!"

"No, you don't want my curses. You don't."

"I can handle anything you can throw at me!"

"Whatever you say!" He says nervously.

Suddenly, I hear a rattle below me, and the ground shake. The sky gets darker, and I hear something similar to when I fought that strange eye. It can't be music, but it's interesting, for sure! The old man's eyes go red, and he panics, and rushes into the dungeon.

And a giant skeleton comes out of the ground. The menacing skull, connected by bloody tendons, has 2 arms with it. The arms start to try to flatten me, and slap me silly. I take out my sword, that kills all light, although, luckily it's night. I get one of it's hands down, but feel myself getting seriously injured. I gulp down a yellow potion, and feel like my skin gets harder. I scramble through my fallen knapsack for my red potion of health, while the Skeleton is spinning, and just as it refocuses, I find the tasty drink, and stuff it into my mouth, bottle and all.

Instantly rejuvenated, I easily break apart the other hand into several fragments, so that just the giant head remains. I take out my silver bow, and my frostburn arrows take it down easily. I stick the loot into my pack, and stick the rest of the things that fell out into it, and head down into the deep dungeon.

I am instantly greeted by 3 skeletons. I decapitate them, and run into a room.

"My hero!" Says a female voice I don't recognize.

"Who are you?"

"I'm the mechanic."

I know I do. That's the first draft, but I wanted to go ahead and put it up on here, just in case. I'll be working on the skeletron fight a whole lot!

So what now? @Teal, I guess your in charge.

Also, @Pixel, as probably the best writer here, I'm surprised no one wrote you a small goodbye story, so I made one. I hope you like it :)
"Farewell"
The Figure stood at the stern, looking across the land. Below him stretched a great beach, running far in both directions. On the beach were the remains of a great party, with fire pits, paper plates and bowls, and the occasional tissue strewn about. Beyond the sand was a large forest, made up of trees with beautiful gold and firey orange colored leaves. In the center of the woods stood a magnificent city with spiraling towers and windows full of dangling flowers. It was in this city that he had made his mark on the world, making many friends and creating inspiring works of literature. As he gazed longingly at the city his first mate stepped up behind him. "The men have loaded the last of cargo into the brig. On your command sir?" He said. The caption only nodded, unable to speak. The second in command slipped away, shouting the necessary orders to get the the ship into the drink. The figure walked solemnly to the wheel letting out a small sigh, as phrases like, "Up the anchor!" And, "Let the sheets fly!" Sounded out behind him. He looked over his shoulder, giving one last glance and shedding one last tear at the beloved city. Wipeing his eyes the captain mouthed, "Farewell".

So what now? @Teal, I guess your in charge.

Also, @Pixel, as probably the best writer here, I'm surprised no one wrote you a small goodbye story, so I made one. I hope you like it :)

Pixel has given me permission to take over whichever of his literature projects, yes. This one is a bit back on my list at the moment. Rest assured I'm planning a Pixel memorial of my own, but not here.

Alright, I was worried about the state of the workshop. I had an idea for a little writing exercise and if I go ahead with it I need a place for it to call home.

Here's a little piece of writing based off the new backstory I had created for Sanguine (formerly Rossa). Think of it less as a writing exercise and more a teaser; I have plans to write a whole serial.

For the record, it's written in the perspective of Cream Soda. And yes, that means I have retconned her to being a lesbian too.
I lay in my bed, staring at the ceiling. How could I be feeling such things? Why am I feeling such things? Should I tell her? No, am I crazy? We can't be together like that, it's forbidden...I groaned and rolled onto my side. My mind was a melting pot of confusion and angst.

It was at around that moment that I heard the sound of the door unlocking. She was back.
"Aww, something bothering lil' Cream?" she asked me in a cutesy, sing-song voice.
"Mhmm..." I said with a little smirk.
"Then why don't you tell your big sis Aka what's wrong?"
I nodded. She walked over to the bed and sat behind me, propping me up in her crossed legs. I detected that scent of hers that was so inexplicable, yet so...soothing. I immediately let out a sigh of relief.
"So...what's on your mind?" she asked me, idly running her fingers through my hair.
"Promise you won't tell anyone?" I replied.
"Promise."
"Well you see, there's a guy I like..."
"Ooh, who is it? Tell me, tell me!"
"Well...he's a lot like you, actually. About the same height, has that striking red hair like you do, always smiling, always happy to see me..."
"Sounds an awful lot like me..." she said with a giggle.
I sighed. "Yeah...maybe that's why I like him so much."

Last edited:
Well, I've been looking back on my, *shudders*, OC backstory. Idk how the heck I was terrible in that.

So, I decided to try out something new. And this is in view of someone I've kept secret for a bit

Scanners show no radiation, just pure darkness. So I opened up my helmet, getting a whiff of air and smog. It's the Corruption, just as I expected. Now that I'm at my destination, time to continue the mission. I activated the night vision, seeing the fog has eaten up most of the natural light. No eaters, devourers or slimers. Quiet, too quiet. I revealed my blades, covered in electric wires. Any place that suddenly becomes quiet, means I'm in the middle of an ambush. I looked everywhere, nothing. No presence found. Maybe this place is meant to be quiet, either that or the ancestors were shadows.

As soon as I questioned the possibility, a quick figure in shadows flew above me, landing behind me. I turned back, wielding my blades, to see green, flame-like eyes. It then spoke in a demonic voice:

"You don't seem to be a local in this territory, am I right?"

"Who wants to know? You don't too either" I replied, about to pounce onto whatever it is
"Don't judge a book by it's covers. I seem human, but inside I'm different"
"Then what are you?"
"Living, like everyone else"
This guy really wants it. "In all seriousness, who are you?"
Silence for a few seconds, until the voice opened up, but human-like
"I go by a name, rumoured around since that day"

It's him

Back
Top Bottom