The Little Things...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BitPieStudios

The Destroyer
As all of us know, 1.3 has made Terraria even more amazing than it already was. It added new biomes, new items, an expert mode, and new monsters to kill us!

But there were some very subtle changes that I just really loved.

For example, the fact that when you kill a slime, the gel sprite is the color the slime was. (although it is still all the same gel, not that that's bad!)

Or, the water dripping from the ceiling of caves underground.

those are just two of many tiny changes I noticed while playing. What little things did you guys like?

I also like the fact that the progress bar's color on the left side lets you know whether you're getting crimson or corruption instead of having to watch for text to pop up for a split second during worldgen.

I built a big old crappy prison house and ignored the NPcs, as I sometimes do. I then noticed they were talking to each other and doing hand gestures and sitting down in their drab rooms staring at the wall. They were so alive I felt guilty. Now I have to spend time making them a nice place. :(

But quick stack to all nearby chests is my favourite little feature so far.

Progress bars, both during world creation and events. I can't emphasize enough how helpful they have been. Oh, and the new water animation is wonderful.

Well, I like the chest opening animation and the fact that NPC can attack other enemy and NPC now interact with each other. Just saw my Guide NPC and the Merchant playing Rock Paper Scissor :eek:

The Rich Mahogany variant of Living Wood, with their own wands is a nice find. My favourite Biome now has a contendor (Desert's looking nice, but I like my Jungle Still.). I do like how we can dye our mounts, grapples, light sources, pets, and minecarts.

The background in Hell is absolutely GORGEOUS. I also love how the npc's interact and even the chest 'opening' when you open it to put items in. These little things among many others make such a huge difference in the game. Well done. Very well done.

The minute I noticed this as soon as I got to hell, I was in awe. Truly awesome.

The addition of things taking damage when you pick/axe at it is okay, but one thing it added drives me nuts.
At world gen there's little green grass spots underneath the surface that I can't stand so I pick them and they disappear and it's great...but this update, it takes away the green part and leaves a tiny hole. Yeah that's realistic I guess but now I have to mine out the dirt block and put another in its place so it looks clean.

I don't suppose it would be possible to change JUST that so now landscaping is going to take just a little bit longer.

I'd have to say Marble and Granite are awesome too.

I'm thinking I'll make a Banner/Trophy Room (I love that new banner system, btw) out of Granite and like an armory/weapon showcase room out of Marble.

And the Money Trough. So much awesome in one little item.

And then you've got all the new combines of accessories, like the Architect's Gizmo Pack, lol. The only trouble is trying to FIND all of these accessories to combine em. I'm stuck on trying to get a compass to drop myself... game doesn't wanna cough it up and I'm slowly running out of room with all of these accessories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom