NPCs & Enemies The Lizhard Temple's Enemies.

What does the Jungle Temple need?

• Total voters

ShadowOfDarkness

Duke Fishron
The Jungle Temple is awesome, and mysterious, it has dangerous traps in it, and I have died there many times throughout my playthroughs, and it has a Boss that is required to kill to progress.

And the Solar Eclipse has a ton of enemies and weapons that are useful, and while it could happen naturally, the Lihzahrd Temple enemies can drop Solar Tablet Fragments to make a Solar Tablet to summon the Eclipse.

The Temple is always there, and it's mysterious, you can't enter it until after Plantera, and it stirs a lot of wonder in a Terrarian.

But for such a big fuss being made over it, it's enemies are lacking. The Lihzahrd has a bit of a unique ability to go from a fighter AI to sort of a Wolf AI, where it runs faster after reaching half health. But the Flying Snake is just a simple Bat AI, and, with the right weapons, and utilizing knockback, isn't much of a fight.

The Pirate and Goblin invasions recently got new mini-bosses, and the Solar Eclipse gained like 20 new enemies. But the Lihzhard Temple is still rather bland.

Now, here's what I got.

Once Golem is Defeated for the first time...

An Earthquake shakes The Lihzahrd Temple!

Temple Spirit - Behaves like Flying Snake. (Bat AI)

Enraged Temple Spirit - PG. A Temple Spirit, but a fair bit stronger, and can go through walls, so AI more like a Dungeon Spirit, or a Wraith/Reaper. Like Black Recluses, fully replaces Temple Spirit. (I'd go with Dungeon Spirit, because it's a bit more accurate, faster, and more pesky.)

Possessed Hatchet - PG. like an Enchanted Sword/Crimson Axe/Cursed Hammer, except way stronger. Could instead have Dungeon Spirit AI, to replicate the "Homing" nature of the Golem Weapon.

Quetzalcoatl - A Post-Golem Flying-Snake Upgrade, like Black Recluse is to Wall Creeper, and Angry Trappers are to Jungle Snatchers. Flying. A glorified Flying Snake.

Ancient Clay Guardian - PG. (In appearance; Basically a "living" version of the Guardian Statue that generates in the Lihzahrd Temple.) - Melee. PG. Would mostly be like a Lost Girl/Nymph. Uses a large sword. One of the items he can drop is called the "Clay-more" which is supposedly the Weapon he is holding.

The Ancient Clay Watchers - PG. (In appearance; Basically a "living" version of the Watcher Statue that generates in the Lihzahrd Temple.) - Magic. PG. Caster AI. 3 Variants. Uses a staff, Either summons a ball of Wooden Spikes, (Similar to Plantera's Thorn Balls) A wave of wooden spikes, a bit like a Vile Thorn, but more like Stalagmites and Stalagtites, (Representing Spear Traps) or a Fire Blast (Similar to a Flamethrower Weapon) like the Flame Traps in the Temple.

Lihzahrd Sentinel - PG. (In appearance; Basically a living version of the Lihzahrd Statue that generates in the Lihzahrd Temple.) - Ranged. He has a gun that fires venom-tipped bolts, like a Super Dart Trap.

Ancient Clay Totem - Summoner. Caster AI, as soon as you Aggro him, he summons 3 little Clay Soldiers, when you destroy two of them, he will spend 2 seconds to make another one, until he has 3. (He will not make another if he goes down to 2, only if he has 1 left.) If he has 2-3 Clay Soldiers, he will shoot at you with a Ray Gun (Like the one from Golem, except a bit weaker)

Chameleon - Passive, Can climb on side-walls (not to be confused with back walls, like making Houses out of) and ceilings. Has like a 5% chance to drop a Chromatophore, which can then be turned into Chameleon Dye.

Chameleon Dye - Pretty much acts like the Biome Hair Dye from the Stylist, except can be applied to any accessory, or clothing, like normal dyes.

(PG = Post-Golem, meaning once you defeat Golem for the first time, these enemies will start spawning in the Lihzahrd Temple.)

If this gets the "Boulder" rolling, I'll work on some stats, and will actively start seeking sprites for these.
____

Yeah, I think there should be some kind of debuff that the Temple gives you after killing the Golem once. Then the Jungle Temple can give you like a scorched debuff. The Temple of The Sun is burning you.

Paste this into your Signature to show your support for the Rework of the Lihzahrd Temple!
Code:
[url="https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-lizhard-temples-enemies.68211/#post-1568088"][IMG]https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/image-png.212908/[/IMG][/url]

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 19,687
Last edited:
Hmm, yes. A Solar Beam Trap, which can face Left, Right, or Down. Which immediately fires a 1-block-wide solar beam, which lasts for 3 seconds, before dissipating. This beam will do 50 damage, and only goes 15 blocks, or until it hits another block. (I'm not really a spriter, this is just quick work that I did to give an idea what I wanted.)

EDIT: Like all Lihzahrd Traps, can only be activated once every 4 seconds.

image.png

image.png

Last edited:
Hmm, A Chameleon Critter, with a corresponding Critter Cage, and a 10% Chameleon Dye Drop. Perhaps also a 1% - 5% chance to drop an item that summons a Chameleon Pet, which also changes colour based on biome, much like the dye.

The Chameleon itself, will also change colour based on what biome it is in, but mostly it will have access to Lihzahrd, Jungle, and Beehive, with smaller chances of Granite and Marble.

Chameleon Dye: Your Items will change colour based on what biome they are in.
  • Forest, Green.
  • Crimson, Blood Red.
  • Corruption, Purple.
  • Jungle, Yellow-ish Green, or Chlorophyte Green.
  • Dungeon, Light Green, Blue, or Pink, changes every time you enter the Dungeon.
  • Ocean, Blue.
  • Snow, White/Light Blue. (Snow White??)
  • Hallow, Pink or Cyan, I'm not sure which would fit better.
  • Lihzahrd Temple, Orange.
  • Bee Hive, Yellow.
  • Granite Cave, Navy.
  • Marble Cave, White.
  • Spider Nest, Black.
  • Cavern Layer, Brown.
  • Hell/Underworld, a Lava-like red. (But not quite as red as Crimson, and not as dull orange as Lihzahrd.)
  • Space, Black.
  • Meteorite, Like Meteorite, Brown and Orange mixed.
  • Desert, Sand-Coloured. (I'll leave it to anyone who cares to determine the technical name of the colour that sand is xD)
This could be a bit of an extra challenge, if the player so desires, as, at times, your character may be harder to see, thanks to the colours being close to the colours of nearby blocks.

Last edited:
Also, the current Lihzahrd Enemies drop Lihzahrd Power Cells, which are required to summon the Golem, however, the enemies seem to have no relation to the Golem. Perhaps changing that would be helpful.

In fact, maybe some golems as enemies would work.
An orange golem... (clay or stone, or even both... If the blocks that make up the temple are Lihzahrd "Bricks" I'll assume they're clay, and that gives it it's orange colour.) that resembles one of the 3 statues you can recieve from the inside of the temple, that, like a Mimic or a Nymph, do not attack unless you attack them, or you get within 5-10 blocks of them, and, being clay, they have a lot of health. Let's say 500 Health, 30 Defense, 50 Damage (Contact.) 90% KBR.

Lihzahrd Caster, looks like a normal Lihzahrd on 2 legs, and is carrying a Boulder Staff, or something like it.
The boulders will do 40 Damage, and he will do another 40 on contact. (So since there is a real boulder on top of the Boulder Staff, it should definitely do some damage) 15 defense, 300 Health, 70% KBR.

Last edited:
Also, this game has infinite replay value, you can play it over and over and over and have a different "path", world, character, result, and ultimately, experience every time.

But you can't ever forget that the Dungeon, Cavern Layer, and of course, the Lihzahrd Temple have traps in them. Every time you go through it, or have a fatality, you learn not to rush in so fast, and look for traps, and cut the wires with a Wire Cutter, easy to obtain.

When was the last time anyone died to Spikes/Wooden Spikes after they'd encountered them a few times?
Even the Lihzahrd Traps, they hurt, you'll de-activate them, and then take them to make AFK farms, then what's left? The Lihzahrd, Flying Snake, and The Golem, that's all.

Also, this game has infinite replay value, you can play it over and over and over and have a different "path", world, character, result, and ultimately, experience every time.

But you can't ever forget that the Dungeon, Cavern Layer, and of course, the Lihzahrd Temple have traps in them. Every time you go through it, or have a fatality, you learn not to rush in so fast, and look for traps, and cut the wires with a Wire Cutter, easy to obtain.

When was the last time anyone died to Spikes/Wooden Spikes after they'd encountered them a few times?
Even the Lihzahrd Traps, they hurt, you'll de-activate them, and then take them to make AFK farms, then what's left? The Lihzahrd, Flying Snake, and The Golem, that's all.
Exactly. The dungeon has a ton of enemies and I often find myself wandering off in there, having fun. Lihzahrd Temple should have this kind of fun too.

Exactly. The dungeon has a ton of enemies and I often find myself wandering off in there, having fun. Lihzahrd Temple should have this kind of fun too.
In 1.2.4, the version that I'm most familiar with, as I'm primarily a Mobile Player, (Though, I've played 1.3 once all the way through, on PC, but my computer can't handle it very well.) the hardmode Dungeon /w Water Candles is the best way to get coins. (Unless you happen to have a stack of boss summons, but once those deplete, you need to wait for more.)

In 1.2.4, even the Desert has more enemies than the Lihzahrd Temple...

Now, in 1.3 the Lihzahrd Temple becomes a bit more useful, but only a bit.
You can summon the Solar Eclipse with Solar Tablets from Fragments that the 2 enemies it has drops, and you can reset the cultists (if they don't reset themselves, which for the most part, they do.) by killing The Golem again.

In 1.2.4, the version that I'm most familiar with, as I'm primarily a Mobile Player, (Though, I've played 1.3 once all the way through, on PC, but my computer can't handle it very well.) the hardmode Dungeon /w Water Candles is the best way to get coins. (Unless you happen to have a stack of boss summons, but once those deplete, you need to wait for more.)

In 1.2.4, even the Desert has more enemies than the Lihzahrd Temple...
Yeah, nothing has changed about the Temple since its release. Only 2 enemies is b o r i n g. Also I find Solar Eclipses to be very good, buuuut since you're on mobile then the Jungle Temple enemies don't drop the Solar Tablets. So yeah, Dungeon is best for farming.

Hmm, this thread needs a revive.. These are still somewhat decent ideas... And the problem remains the same, the Lihzahrd Temple is underwhelming, compared to literally every other biome in the game, except it has a boss needed for progression.. The enemies and traps are still the same, known of, and expected.

So, the Dungeon gets an absolute revive after killing Plantera.. I think maybe the Lihzahrd Temple should gain some extra enemies once you defeat Golem once, as sort of a... Retribution or Retaliation, or Revenge of a kind, for disturbing the temple, killing... Whatever Golem is to them... either the God of the Sun is upset for killing his servant the Golem, or the Golem was the Sun God, and the Lihzahrd are NOT happy.

The Lihzahrd pick up the remnants of their fallen God, and seek out the one who has disturbed their peaceful lives.

The Lihzahrd now have somewhat-weaker versions of his weapons, like the Heat Ray, the Boulder Staff, The Golem Fist, Possessed Hatchet, Stynger, and what would be funny, is if one of them had the Eye of The Golem as a small cosmetic. xD

I'll come up with some applications of this soon.

Hmm, I suppose most every enemy in the game drops their own loot, and them having the same weapons as the Golem... well.. Then what would they drop? Lore-wise, that's what they did, game-wise, I'll need to be extra creative.

Last edited:
Once Golem is Defeated for the first time...

An Earthquake shakes The Lihzahrd Temple!

Temple Spirit - Behaves like Flying Snake. (Bat AI)

Enraged Temple Spirit - PG. A Temple Spirit, but a fair bit stronger, and can go through walls, so AI more like a Dungeon Spirit, or a Wraith/Reaper. Like Black Recluses, fully replaces Temple Spirit. (I'd go with Dungeon Spirit, because it's a bit more accurate, faster, and more pesky.)

Possessed Hatchet - PG. like an Enchanted Sword/Crimson Axe/Cursed Hammer, except way stronger. Could instead have Dungeon Spirit AI, to replicate the "Homing" nature of the Golem Weapon.

Quetzalcoatl - A Post-Golem Flying-Snake Upgrade, like Black Recluse is to Wall Creeper, and Angry Trappers are to Jungle Snatchers. Flying. A glorified Flying Snake.

Ancient Clay Guardian - PG. (In appearance; Basically a "living" version of the Guardian Statue that generates in the Lihzahrd Temple.) - Melee. PG. Would mostly be like a Lost Girl/Nymph. Uses a large sword. One of the items he can drop is called the "Clay-more" which is supposedly the Weapon he is holding.

The Ancient Clay Watchers - PG. (In appearance; Basically a "living" version of the Watcher Statue that generates in the Lihzahrd Temple.) - Magic. PG. Caster AI. 3 Variants. Uses a staff, Either summons a ball of Wooden Spikes, (Similar to Plantera's Thorn Balls) A wave of wooden spikes, a bit like a Vile Thorn, but more like Stalagmites and Stalagtites, (Representing Spear Traps) or a Fire Blast (Similar to a Flamethrower Weapon) like the Flame Traps in the Temple.

Lihzahrd Sentinel - PG. (In appearance; Basically a living version of the Lihzahrd Statue that generates in the Lihzahrd Temple.) - Ranged. He has a gun that fires venom-tipped bolts, like a Super Dart Trap.-

Ancient Clay Totem - Summoner. Caster AI, as soon as you Aggro him, he summons 3 little Clay Soldiers, when you destroy two of them, he will spend 2 seconds to make another one, until he has 3. (He will not make another if he goes down to 2, only if he has 1 left.) If he has 2-3 Clay Soldiers, he will shoot at you with a Ray Gun (Like the one from Golem, except a bit weaker)

Chameleon - Passive, Can climb on side-walls (not to be confused with back walls, like making Houses out of) and ceilings. Has like a 5% chance to drop a Chromatophore, which can then be turned into Chameleon Dye.

Chameleon Dye - Pretty much acts like the Biome Hair Dye from the Stylist, except can be applied to any accessory, or clothing, like normal dyes.

(PG = Post-Golem, meaning once you defeat Golem for the first time, these enemies will start spawning in the Lihzahrd Temple.)

If this gets the "Boulder" rolling, I'll work on some stats, and will actively start seeking sprites for these.

Back
Top Bottom