Votes: 42 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KangarooGuy

Steampunker
So far in the caves, you haven't seen this person yet, have you?

NPC_195.gif

My first thought when I saw this person was:

Woah! A new NPC! Let me check what it is.

And then it came charging at me and i'm like:

Woah, what the heck! Do I have to kill her, or something?

I'll show you what she became:

N%C3%A9vtelen.png

It's a Nymph. With 300 HP and 29 attack damage, this monster will chomp on unprepared Terrarians. The Nymph is a rare spawn in Underground Snow Biomes ,Glowing Mushroom Biomes ,in the Dungeon at lava level and in the Jungle.

If you ever see a Lost Girl anywhere, stay away from it if you have Easy Mode gear. If you think you can stand against it, do whatever you want. This is a warning. Do not go near these monsters if you're unprepared. You must have at least 20 Hearts of Health before getting near one of these.

Hey, look! They even made a Smilie for it!
:nymph:

Last edited:
Nymph is already pretty well known by most players. It's nice to know there are people who haven't discovered everything yet and still get that wonder at finding new things, though!

And yes, she tricked me the first time I saw her, too. Nearly died, but managed to kill her with my phoenix blaster.

Yeah, my first encounter got me a little concerned. I too thought this was the likes of a new NPC.

I once heard of a conspiracy called the "Lost Girl."
She sold everything IG.
Then I saw the Lost Girl.
I scrolled my mouse over her.
I ran to her.
I died.
I had a wooden sword and silver bow and 6 flaming arrows...

Or, you know we could just look at the wiki and find out all of this information ourselves! I've encountered like, 7 or so...
Uhhh... What? This thread is for discussion about encounters, not whether we need to look something up in Terraria's wiki.

It appears my iPad's 'smart' keyboard made that appear. Woops.

Lol I thought it was another cryptic abbreviation I've never heard of :p
Yeah I've found 'smart' keyboards have the intelligence of a poptart...

Or, you know we could just look at the wiki and find out all of this information ourselves! I've encountered like, 7 or so...

Just because there's a Wiki doesn't mean someone can't post a helpful thread. It for one helped me and I've encountered 20+. I had no clue 20 heart was recommended. Also don't rely on the wiki. It can be edited by anuone so I could come in there and say the S.D.M.G is available after breaking the hardmode crystal and killing Avenged Sevenfold members. And boom, naive people read and believe ;)

I found her and checked the wiki first. I always attack them with ranged weapons, so when they first spawn they still start out as Lost Girls for me.

I found her and checked the wiki first. I always attack them with ranged weapons, so when they first spawn they still start out as Lost Girls for me.
That's a good strategy. To be honest, when I see something like that, my mind doesn't have time to think of tactical approaches...

I first encountered the lost girl in early HM I was doing a ranger play through so I killed her with my Phoenix blaster she dropped a nymph banner

my first reaction was:

"an NPC? I never heard about it...and she is naked...."

*approaches*

"OHHH MY GOD SHREK DAUGHTER"

I once slipped and fell somewhere in the darkness while spelunking. As soon as I brought out a torch, a Nymph was literally in front of me, seconds from eating my face.

Terarria 10/10 spookiest game ever

Well thanks for the spoiler I guess LOL.

But seriously, stuff like this... could spoil the game for new people...

Or maybe this is allowed...

In any case, never seen them, but already know they are monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom