tModLoader The Lunatic

So...What exactly happens when you run out of time? Judging by previous responses, I'm guessing that everywhere counts as a Solar Pillar event without the Pillar.

Have you consider a reward (yes i know only vainilla bosses) but killing the dungeon guardian? because i can do this with hoiks, example reducing drastically the timer.
[doublepost=1489298193,1489298126][/doublepost]sorry increase greatly the timer.

Just finished a playthrough of this, had a lot of fun! It's stressful, but a good stressful like Majora was. Pretty sure I'd have to change the config for an Expert playthrough, but Normal mode was great! Just a couple things to say:

I absolutely love the detail with how the Lunatic has four different things to say regarding how close the world is to doomed. These kinds of details are what really make a mod great, IMO.

The reward is awesome. It's definitely more of a "for fun" thing though, especially with how all the end-game armors give off light. You said it would be unique, and I wasn't disappointed!

The Lunatic never mentions Betsy. I can understand that adding dialogue for all modded bosses would be too much to ask, but Betsy is in vanilla. It should at least be mentioned at some point.

Speaking of the Lunatic, it's very strange and off-putting that he(?) curses at the Lihzahrd. Not because anyone who plays Terraria would get offended by it, the game's already rated Teen, but because he(?)'s the only NPC I've ever seen(vanilla or modded) to explicitly swear. It just...Doesn't fit. Maybe it's intentional to make...It seem crazy and different? I dunno.

9/10, going to play again for sure. Thank you for teaching me that the Cell Phone and Ankh Shield aren't always needed.

Just finished a playthrough of this, had a lot of fun! It's stressful, but a good stressful like Majora was. Pretty sure I'd have to change the config for an Expert playthrough, but Normal mode was great! Just a couple things to say:

I absolutely love the detail with how the Lunatic has four different things to say regarding how close the world is to doomed. These kinds of details are what really make a mod great, IMO.

The reward is awesome. It's definitely more of a "for fun" thing though, especially with how all the end-game armors give off light. You said it would be unique, and I wasn't disappointed!

The Lunatic never mentions Betsy. I can understand that adding dialogue for all modded bosses would be too much to ask, but Betsy is in vanilla. It should at least be mentioned at some point.

Speaking of the Lunatic, it's very strange and off-putting that he(?) curses at the Lihzahrd. Not because anyone who plays Terraria would get offended by it, the game's already rated Teen, but because he(?)'s the only NPC I've ever seen(vanilla or modded) to explicitly swear. It just...Doesn't fit. Maybe it's intentional to make...It seem crazy and different? I dunno.

9/10, going to play again for sure. Thank you for teaching me that the Cell Phone and Ankh Shield aren't always needed.
Ankh shiekd was for me, but it was in expert mode ;)

Ah that's true. Hot-swapping light emitting equipment might make it too convenient.

I was wondering if someone would find a use for this other than just being a glorified game-mechanics toy (like the portal gun). I'd even thought of adding a post-moon lord boss associated with it, possibly.
That's a bug. Thanks for pointing it out.

Well if you're a apocalypse-obsessed lunatic cultist, and another group of things exists with their own relevance to matters of potentially world-ending significance (solar eclipse summoning...?), and some specific context puts you into mutual awareness, isn't it implied there'd be friction? Not to over-interpret lore or anything.
I don't think the word 'damn' pushes the bounds of sensibility, tbh.

Last edited:
I defeated Moon Lord (without breaking boss order) and I tried to give it's mask to the Lunatic, but he said "I don't know how you got this, but I am not ready for it yet." Help...

I defeated Moon Lord (without breaking boss order) and I tried to give it's mask to the Lunatic, but he said "I don't know how you got this, but I am not ready for it yet." Help...
If you can send me the world file (the .wld its .twld in Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Worlds), I'll look into this.

So what is the reward you get for collecting all the masks and stuff? I'm too lazy to play through it myself.

So what is the reward you get for collecting all the masks and stuff? I'm too lazy to play through it myself.

An accessory that lets you move super fast through anything, solid or otherwise, as long as it's pitch black. Sadly, all of the endgame stuff gives off light, so it's not nearly as useful as it should be. There also may or may not be a risk of death just by using it, I didn't mess around long enough to find out.

v1.1.6
Edit:

v1.1.7
  • Add more time per mask (+1 whole day; +1.5 during hard mode)
  • Remove old config ("The Lunatic 1.0.1.json")

Attachments

• TheLunatic v1.1.6.zip
    305.4 KB · Views: 124
  • TheLunatic v1.1.7.zip
    305.5 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
I have to say, the concept sounds interesting, yet so vague. Is there any walkthrough of this mod online? I'd like to see a sample of what this mod offers before hopping in, but I can't find anything. Nevertheless, the idea behind this is pretty cool, but I'm not sure if I can measure up to this because normally I spend quite a lot of time preparing before progressing.

I have to say, the concept sounds interesting, yet so vague. Is there any walkthrough of this mod online? I'd like to see a sample of what this mod offers before hopping in, but I can't find anything. Nevertheless, the idea behind this is pretty cool, but I'm not sure if I can measure up to this because normally I spend quite a lot of time preparing before progressing.
Note that I played it on expert mode in french-vanilla:
Basically, because you have a constant countdown before game over, you have to go fast and never stop, knowing what are the best items to get to spare as much time as possible.
It's quite hard and merciless if you fail. But a good challenge for a veteran.

Because it's a timed game, you'll complete it(or lose) in a few hours maximum, so it's not taking forever.

The walkthrough is basically : rush to get the best gear, defeat the next boss on the list(starting with king slime) once you have the best gear at your level or that you need more time. Claim the boss mask to get more days on the timer, repeat the rush part with the new unlocked gear, next boss etc. It ends after all bosses(up to moon lord including betsy) masks are looted and claimed at the lunatic.

Even if it's timed, if you manage well enough, losing a few times against some bosses won't make you lose because you'll have some time left.

Obviously, it requires some skill(or OP mods, but that's no fun :p) to finish it, but it's great because each time you retry, you improve your speed and strategy. Knowing what to do.

I could post a "full walkthrough" with all the items and details of what I did, but that would feel like a cheat, sorry :p

Can give some tips at best.

Note that I played it on expert mode in french-vanilla:
Basically, because you have a constant countdown before game over, you have to go fast and never stop, knowing what are the best items to get to spare as much time as possible.
It's quite hard and merciless if you fail. But a good challenge for a veteran.

Because it's a timed game, you'll complete it(or lose) in a few hours maximum, so it's not taking forever.

The walkthrough is basically : rush to get the best gear, defeat the next boss on the list(starting with king slime) once you have the best gear at your level or that you need more time. Claim the boss mask to get more days on the timer, repeat the rush part with the new unlocked gear, next boss etc. It ends after all bosses(up to moon lord including betsy) masks are looted and claimed at the lunatic.

Even if it's timed, if you manage well enough, losing a few times against some bosses won't make you lose because you'll have some time left.

Obviously, it requires some skill(or OP mods, but that's no fun :p) to finish it, but it's great because each time you retry, you improve your speed and strategy. Knowing what to do.

I could post a "full walkthrough" with all the items and details of what I did, but that would feel like a cheat, sorry :p

Can give some tips at best.
Thanks for clarifying! Well, only do the walkthrough if you'd like, no pressure. (I was actually wondering about a video-based walkthrough)

Back
Top Bottom