tModLoader The Lunatic

I have another question:
- can you use different boss summon item for the same boss (like the skeletron item summon from fargo mod) ?
thanks

Cool thx for info, using the mod in multiplayer. Do you think there would be any possible bugs for multiple people who want to turn in mask. Also would it be possible to modify the prices on the food buffs?

Cool thx for info, using the mod in multiplayer. Do you think there would be any possible bugs for multiple people who want to turn in mask. Also would it be possible to modify the prices on the food buffs?
the bake sale is meant to be a joke

All players can turn in masks, but only one mask per boss, per game/server.
I have another question:
- can you use different boss summon item for the same boss (like the skeletron item summon from fargo mod) ?
thanks
Doesn't matter how the boss is summoned, as long as the sequence isn't broken (unless Strict mode is off).

the bake sale is meant to be a joke

All players can turn in masks, but only one mask per boss, per game/server.

Doesn't matter how the boss is summoned, as long as the sequence isn't broken (unless Strict mode is off).

So as long as you go by the kill order on say boss checklist you should be fine?

If you kill a boss when you aren't normally supposed to be able to on a single world (i.e. a hard mode mech boss before wall of flesh), you'll break sequence. It's pretty straightforward.

If you kill a boss when you aren't normally supposed to be able to on a single world (i.e. a hard mode mech boss before wall of flesh), you'll break sequence. It's pretty straightforward.

I have moments where I display and incredible lack of intelligence. So sometimes I just make, extra extra sure about something. Stupidproof it for myself.

Edit: there should be more to this mod. We need invasions, meteors blowing things up, npcs leaving if progress isn't made in stopping the destruction, maybe a volcano erupting. I really like how this spices up the games progression and it might be possible to add thorium and/or calamity bosses to the progression through weak references, not a coder so I'm guessing as to what you would do for that.

Last edited:
Edit: there should be more to this mod. We need invasions, meteors blowing things up, npcs leaving if progress isn't made in stopping the destruction, maybe a volcano erupting. I really like how this spices up the games progression and it might be possible to add thorium and/or calamity bosses to the progression through weak references, not a coder so I'm guessing as to what you would do for that.
I'll be adding a simple API via Mod.Call() to allow other mods to add their own bosses+masks to the set. I'm not yet completely sure on the method to proactively reference others' mods to create this effect myself, and I'd rather not have to if possible since I'd have to keep up with all their respective updates and such.

Anyway, fixed a multiplayer bug:

Attachments

• TheLunatic v1.0.4.zip
    59.3 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
I'll be adding a simple API via Mod.Call() to allow other mods to add their own bosses+masks to the set. I'm not yet completely sure on the method to proactively reference others' mods to create this effect myself, and I'd rather not have to if possible since I'd have to keep up with all their respective updates and such.

Anyway, fixed a multiplayer bug:

Nice, what what about the volcano or meteors blowing up stuff? Oh could even use meteors to spread the evil biome from a small crater. Instead of meteorite it could be demonite or crimtane ore.

The goal is currently only to perfect the mod for it's simple, primary use: Adding a time factor to the main game. I'd like to add lots of neat content ideas in future versions, though. But for now, new to 1.0.5:
  • Smoothed out quake animations + reduced their frequency of occurrence.
  • Nerfed time limits, especially with hard mode.
  • Fixed a time limit bug with the Wall of Flesh mask in particular.
If anyone reaches the end of the quest line, let me know. I'd appreciate feedback on the end part in particular.

Attachments

• TheLunatic v1.0.5.zip
    59.8 KB · Views: 158
The goal is currently only to perfect the mod for it's simple, primary use: Adding a time factor to the main game. I'd like to add lots of neat content ideas in future versions, though. But for now, new to 1.0.5:
  • Smoothed out quake animations + reduced their frequency of occurrence.
  • Nerfed time limits, especially with hard mode.
  • Fixed a time limit bug with the Wall of Flesh mask in particular.
If anyone reaches the end of the quest line, let me know. I'd appreciate feedback on the end part in particular.

It's a little bit of a pain to get past plantera, maybe someway to make sure a bulb spawns or you get one for turning in the final mech mask? I haven't found a single bulb yet.

I need to say that your mods are really original and cool to play. Keep it up, hamstie!
(doom intensifies)

It's a little bit of a pain to get past plantera, maybe someway to make sure a bulb spawns or you get one for turning in the final mech mask? I haven't found a single bulb yet.
I can't do much about plantera bulbs in particular, but I did add a 1.25x multiplier to the time extensions of hard mode masks for exactly this reason. Maybe I could increase that? Keep in mind there's a config file for these settings, if all else fails.

It's possible to add a secondary mechanic of giving the Lunatic spawner statues or life crystals or something to take some of the edge off of the timer, but I'd prefer to stick to progression via. well defined milestone events without side effects.

I can't do much about plantera bulbs in particular, but I did add a 1.25x multiplier to the time extensions of hard mode masks for exactly this reason. Maybe I could increase that? Keep in mind there's a config file for these settings, if all else fails.

It's possible to add a secondary mechanic of giving the Lunatic spawner statues or life crystals or something to take some of the edge off of the timer, but I'd prefer to stick to progression via. well defined milestone events without side effects.

If possible, the increase should be just for the plantera segment.

If possible, the increase should be just for the plantera segment.
I just thought of an odd idea: What if, instead of crafting a marginally-useful minecart upgrade, I also allowed crafting a 'Plantera Bulb Locator' device from the mech boss expert mode drops that literally does what you suggested earlier? Would this be out of place?

Last edited:
Indeed. In fact the early idea WAS to do a Majora's Mask-style adventure mod+map. I still want to try to have the masks have more of a function than just raw progression, but that'll have to come later.

Fixed quakes (screen position math got minced up with tweaks).

Attachments

• TheLunatic v1.0.8.zip
    59.8 KB · Views: 229
With the amount of bosses added by other mods I'm not sure what setting would suite lunatic mod .... this mod might not even be for me I guess

With the amount of bosses added by other mods I'm not sure what setting would suite lunatic mod .... this mod might not even be for me I guess
I'm working on a way to account for existing bosses in other mods. This could end up being either relatively simple, or really daunting.

Back
Top Bottom