tModLoader The Lunatic

So, Did a better start this round, I am at the Hardmode, the apocalypse is nowhere near to be close, I'm farming intensely to be able to beat the mech bosses quickly.

I noticed a bug, with the eater of worlds... Each small segment drops the eater of worlds mask. EACH... SINGLE...ONE..OF..THEM...

Lol, I got around 50 masks with one eater.

Argh, I had such a good start...but the game trolled me.
I was farming heavily the hardmode, then I deemed to be strong enough to beat a mech boss(the destroyer) as the apocalypse was approaching fast.

I tried 3 times, finally killed him, the tension was intense(lol) because the end was near... The day come, I wait for the Lunatic to respawn and redeem the destroyer mask to give me more time and defeat the 2 other mech bosses. I wait...I wait...The night comes again, I defeat the 2 remaining mech bosses quite easily with my newly crafted megashark. I pray that the next day, he will respawn quickly enough to prevent the apocalypse. Except it was too late. The End.

tl;dr
I managed to beat the mechanical bosses at the brink of extinction but the game didn't respawn the lunatic = RIP my playthrough.

Argh, I had such a good start...but the game trolled me.
I was farming heavily the hardmode, then I deemed to be strong enough to beat a mech boss(the destroyer) as the apocalypse was approaching fast.

I tried 3 times, finally killed him, the tension was intense(lol) because the end was near... The day come, I wait for the Lunatic to respawn and redeem the destroyer mask to give me more time and defeat the 2 other mech bosses. I wait...I wait...The night comes again, I defeat the 2 remaining mech bosses quite easily with my newly crafted megashark. I pray that the next day, he will respawn quickly enough to prevent the apocalypse. Except it was too late. The End.

tl;dr
I managed to beat the mechanical bosses at the brink of extinction but the game didn't respawn the lunatic = RIP my playthrough.
That sucks, man. Sounds like you were keeping up with the pace pretty well (and visa versa).
Perhaps you could add in your first post that You should not let him die otherwise it's over.
I'll mention needing him alive, but he should respawn like any other npc (if you don't get unlucky)...

Edit:
v1.1.3
  • Fixed EoW boss mask drop bug.

Attachments

• TheLunatic v1.1.3.zip
    292.6 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Damn it, your mod slapped me. I can't leave without beating the apocalypse now :p
I'm trying a third run! Wish me luck.

Damn it, your mod slapped me. I can't leave without beating the apocalypse now :p
I'm trying a third run! Wish me luck.
Good luck!

You should try this with Wormholes. It'll make the game flow a bit better, without substantial alteration.

So, found me first wormhole in the tunnels of the corruption. Leads 1 screen left. Lol

Did a pumped start again(I feel like I could do a powergrind guide at this point) and defeated the slime king quite easily. Got an obsidian armor and bought a minishark(after the king slime) at the gunner. Seems like it will be fun. With one boss mask on me, I feel a bit safer to grind more and dig to hell to get max health and some more equipment. Waiting for the goblin army to improve even more my equipment :D

Indeed, the wormholes mod is really nice, adding a little something without really breaking anything. I luv it!

So, this way around, I destroyed Queen Bee and Skeletron(Each time they seem easier, lol), I have both masks on me, no apocalypse around for now, delving through the dungeon quickly to get miself the handgun to do the phoenix blaster and the cobalt shield. Then, onwards to the WoF with the bridge I almost finished waiting for the night to defeat skeletron :p

That's it. Moon Lord dropped his mask at the second try. Betsy died poorly against my chlorophyte bullets. I am one with the shadows!

Damn, It makes me remember Don't Starve :p

Capture 2017-03-03 01_01_31.png

Damn. I just found one of your mods on tModloader, and you have quickly become my favorite modder. It's so great to see someone implement game mechanics, and not just new gear. This is truly the best mod I have played yet, simply because of it's atmosphere. I have loved Majoras Mask, and you have really done me a great favour with this mod. Now all I need are transformation masks (kinda like the werewolf charm), and I can die happily. :D

Damn. I just found one of your mods on tModloader, and you have quickly become my favorite modder. It's so great to see someone implement game mechanics, and not just new gear. This is truly the best mod I have played yet, simply because of it's atmosphere. I have loved Majoras Mask, and you have really done me a great favour with this mod. Now all I need are transformation masks (kinda like the werewolf charm), and I can die happily. :D

*cough* I don't know about that, seems like something hard to do.

On another note, would be a good idea to reduce the chance of being screwed like it happened to me, perhaps set the priority of the Lunatic high in the list(first one would be cool). So that if he died, he comes back first instead of 15+ other NPC first...

The only thing about this mod that bothers me a little is the spawnrate of the selenians. I understand that this is the end, but even though it's a bit frustrating when you get killed in two seconds and can't even leave the world. X'D

Is there a way to modify the spawnrate, and tone it down a little?

The only thing about this mod that bothers me a little is the spawnrate of the selenians. I understand that this is the end, but even though it's a bit frustrating when you get killed in two seconds and can't even leave the world. X'D

Alt+F4 works wonders ~:naughty:

okay i have some questions about this... how does the cape work? how do you not get stuck? how does the 'stepping into the light' thing work? also, is the apocalypse just solar pillar mobs? are there vortex, nebula, or stardust?

Last edited:

That's the vanilla spawn rate. I might reduce it, for this reason.

okay i have some questions about this... how does the cape work? how do you not get stuck? how does the 'stepping into the light' thing work? also, is the apocalypse just solar pillar mobs? are there vortex, nebula, or stardust?
Once you're in the dark, you have to find a patch of light to revert (with no solid blocks, and preferably not against the direction of gravity pulling you back). I've only gotten to test this on my machine, so if you're having trouble reentering a lit area, let me know.

Edit: You are pressing shift to reenter the light, right?

Last edited:
I may have forgot to say it, but my third and final playthrough(like the others) was done almost vanilla(no new weapons or armors or weird things) and in expert mode. I must say, it's not an easy mod to defeat! Better know what you do.

v1.1.4
  • Fixed issues with Moon Lord and Betsy mask drops.
  • Prevented using context items (via. shift) while in shadow walker mode (AKA while cowl in use).

Attachments

• TheLunatic v1.1.4.zip
    292.9 KB · Views: 157
Is there a way to make the lunatic simply immortal?? That would be neat so events and bosses like the destroyer won't kill him.

Back
Top Bottom