Items The Lunatic's Expert Exclusives

Should the Mysterious Shattered Telegraph be Expert Exclusive?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Either is fine

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I don’t like the item

• Total voters

CinnamonSwirl

Terrarian
It's kinda upsetting that the Lunatic Cultist doesn't have any sort of expert mode drop. The battle is a lot more difficult, and I was thinking that he could at least give you SOMETHING to help you out!

So here are my two ideas! Enjoy! :dryadtongue:

---
Mysterious Shattered Telegraph:
Material

How to Obtain:
The Lunatic Cultist (Expert Mode) - 100% Chance
---
Achilles Heel:
Accessory
Critical Strikes become a lot more devastating

Ability:
Critical strikes deal 250% damage (rather than 200%)

How to Obtain:
The Lunatic Cultist (Expert Mode) - 100% Chance

Other -

The Lunar Telegraph:
Snail Speed
Signals to the cosmos to call back their lunar attackers. (Ends any event in just a few taps!)

Crafted With:
Mysterious Shattered Telegraph
Wires (150)
Luminite Bar (10)
At an Ancient Manipulator

Last edited:
I'm also thinking of giving the Lunatic Cultist a few more normal drops, in order to make him a little more interesting!

The Lunar Telegraph:
Snail Speed
Signals to the cosmos to call back their lunar attackers. (Ends any event in just a few taps!)

This is absolutely perfect for a Cultist drop and fits so well with the "QOL or a really good item" theme Expert mode drops have.

Achilles Heel:
Accessory
Critical Strikes become a lot more devastating

Ability:
Doubles the power of Critical Strikes
Mildly increases Critical Strike Chance

This is absolutely broken since any normal loadout + potions can easily get to 50% crit chance or more. I would really like to see something that interacts with crits in this game, though.

This is absolutely broken since any normal loadout + potions can easily get to 50% crit chance or more. I would really like to see something that interacts with crits in this game, though.

It is a really tough to get endgame item, though. How about 1 1/2 the power of Critical Strikes?

I actually really like these ideas. Maybe the item which doubles crit damage could halve crit chance? That ends up doing basically nothing for DPS in the end, though…

It is a really tough to get endgame item, though. How about 1 1/2 the power of Critical Strikes?

It being endgame doesn't mean anything, because it's still miles better than any other combat item. It could be like a 20% extra crit damage or something, and that's still really good.

Last edited:
It being endgame doesn't mean anything, because it's still miles better than any other combat item. It should be like 20% or something, and that's still really good.
20% Damage, Chance, Or Both?

I Feel Like More Bosses Should Have Two Expert Drops. And Two Actually Good Ones, Wtf Does Gravity Globe Even Exist For?

20% extra crit damage, I didn't make that clear.

Gravity Globe is one of those "A potion does what I do and better" items that should probably have their own Equipment slot rather than being Accessories.

Last edited:
20% extra crit damage, I didn't make that clear.

Gravity Globe is one of those "A potion does what I do and better" items that should probably take Equipment slots rather than Accessories.
Oh, So It's A Meme Accessory. I Feel Like It'd Be Partially Useful If It Was Like The Cell Phone Components Where You Don't Need Them Equipped To Use Them. Also Do This For Brain Of Confusion, And All The Other Meme Accessories.

Oh, So It's A Meme Accessory. I Feel Like It'd Be Partially Useful If It Was Like The Cell Phone Components Where You Don't Need Them Equipped To Use Them. Also Do This For Brain Of Confusion, And All The Other Meme Accessories.
Brain isn't intentionally a meme accessory though, and having a permanently active globe would let you troll people by throwing it into their inventory while they walk past you.

I'd rather The Lunar Telegraph being available for Normal mode as well, as it's more of a quality of life than anything else. The Achilles Heel seems very overpowered, as it'll make crits deal 4 times the damage of regular attacks, maybe if it was nerfed to deal 300%~ of a regular attack with no increase in the chance to deal them as you can reforge it to lucky.

Reactions: Bry
I'm pretty sure the gravity globe is, though. Just because literally the only time it has a use is in prehardmode.
And Ironically Only Accessible In Endgame.

Although, Wouldn't Having A Perma Grav Potion For The Entire Game Be Pretty Op? It Would Still Have A Use In Early Hardmode Before You Get Wings. The Normal Potions Would Be Useless, Unless We're Not Scrapping The "1 Grav Shift Per Jump" Thing.

Or Am Doing What I Am Currently Doing And Forgoing Wings For The Entire Game.

And Ironically Only Accessible In Endgame.

Although, Wouldn't Having A Perma Grav Potion For The Entire Game Be Pretty Op? It Would Still Have A Use In Early Hardmode Before You Get Wings. The Normal Potions Would Be Useless, Unless We're Not Scrapping The "1 Grav Shift Per Jump" Thing.

Or Am Doing What I Am Currently Doing And Forgoing Wings For The Entire Game.
It would, but the gravity globe is a nerfed version so you can't fly infinitely with it anyway. Plus Honeyed Goggles already has higher flight time than wings, and it's prehardmode.

Wait, What? I Didn't Know That, And Totally Not Because I've Never Actually Got One To Drop.
It does have a drawback though, you can't just touch down to immediately get your flight back, you have to wait for about three seconds, making it not ideal for bosses.
I've gotten only three in my entire lifetime of excessive grinding, don't feel bad.

Man, that drop will be insane.
For the other drops, I think they should be a melee weapon based on his fire attack, a ranged on his ice attack, magic on its electric attack, and a Phantasmal Dragon summon.

Back
Top Bottom