Map-Adventure The Marine Thieves [Early Demo]

Do you like it so far? (if not, please let me know why)

• Kind of

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Feaw

Spazmatism
Greetings Terrarians!

I present to you a short demo of the adventure map I am currently working on; The Marine Thieves.

4c2bb0445e34146c286d3cd6796d6608.png

--Backstory--

A craven crew of pirates has been kidnapping and torturing innocent seafarers, fishermen and tourists along the coast.
Their gaze is set on one thing only; learning secrets of a hidden temple under the ocean, filled to the brim with treasure.
Your story starts as you travel ashore for a relaxing holiday... only to end up as another unfortunate victim of the vicious sea dwellers.
After learning you know nothing about any temple of sorts, the pirates decide to feed you to the sharks.
Will you survive and escape the dangers of the ocean? What lies in wait on land?

Explore a vast island and venture through various intricately connected dungeons. Take on hordes of monsters and discover mounds of treasure.
Do you have what it takes to dominate the pirates, drive them away, save the island, and claim the treasure for yourself?

--Images and Videos--

d94c3469f257f6ba4ed920cc0ac20c34.png

ab601d1f1a974d53a8ac085494387676.png

226af0c7d2a6fd8a2d51f069683343f1.png

b9e0cb3c02f3c616bf5bfa50d7f22219.png

ee9cbe1bb9f0c330d10799debd5ab416.png

Also many thanks to my tester, @Fury, who made a video of his run through the demo (albeit a slightly outdated version, this demo fixes several issues).

Another shout out to James, aka ChippyGaming for also featuring my map in a video!

--Rules--

Click the button, or download the rules document included at the bottom of the post.

Autopause is recommended so you can read signs and announcements and browse chests at your leisure.

- A fresh character should be used, proceeded by deletion of ALL starting items.

- Prohibition of crafting (unless stated otherwise), mining and placing
(unless you somehow get stuck, in which case you should report that. Also, Antlions lol).

- Discard any items that affect movement that aren't obtained from chests or other intended methods.
Also discard all mechanisms and crates.

- Refrain from using any weapons not obtained from intended methods that are too strong
for your current progress (you may use them once intended weapons have caught up).

- Pets and minions will sometimes hit projectile pads. I unfortunately can't circumvent this,
but try to prevent this from happening as much as possible.
Minions aren't to be re-summoned to change their location.

- You may take armor pieces from mannequins with the Palladium Pickaxe you will obtain early on.

- Sandstorms could pose too much of a challenge very early on, which I sadly can't help.
If you keep dying and just cannot pull through, you may use TEdit or a mod to toggle the sandstorm off.
As you progress, however, sandstorms should fit into gameplay normally.

Banned Potions (unless obtained from chests etc):

- Dangersense Potion
- Featherfall Potion
- Flipper Potion
- Gills Potion
- Gravitation Potion
- Spelunker Potion
- Swiftness Potion
- Water Walking Potion
- Teleportation Potion

You may craft any potion other than those.

Allowed purchases:

All Clothes
Healing + Mana Potions
Food, Sake

--MERCHANT--

Shurikens
Throwing Knives
Nails

--STYLIST/DYE TRADER--

Hair/Dyes

--WITCH DOCTOR--

Blowgun
Stakes
Stynger Bolts
Tiki Mask
Tiki Shirt
Tiki Pants
Pygmy Necklace
Hercules Beetle
Vial of Venom

--TRAVELING MERCHANT--

Code 1
Code 2
Katana
Revolver
Gatligator
Pulse Bow
Celestial Magnet
Sitting Duck's Fishing Pole

--SKELETON MERCHANT--

Gradient
Format C
Slap Hand
Yoyo Glove
Counterweights

--DEMOLITIONIST--

Grenades
Hellfire Arrows

--ARMS DEALER--

Flintlock Pistol
Minishark
Shotgun
Silver Bullets
Unholy Arrows
Candy Corn

--GOBLIN TINKERER--

Spiky Balls

--PARTY GIRL--

Confetti Gun
Smoke Bombs
Happy Grenades

--TRUFFLE--

Mushroom Spear

--Installation--

Download "The_Marine_ThievesDemo3-16.wld" attached at the bottom of this post and put it in your Terraria worlds folder, which can usually be found at "Documents\My Games\Terraria\Worlds".
Make a new character and you're set!

Enjoy! :D
Any feedback is appreciated. This map is still in a very early stage so suggestions will be very helpful (the main reason why I decided to publish this demo).

~Feaw

Attachments

• The Marine Thieves Rules.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 317
  • The_Marine_ThievesDemo3-16.wld
    608.6 KB · Views: 705
Last edited:
how do i prevent myself from being repeatedly slaughtered by a shark at the beginning

I kinda forgot about that since it didn't occur to me much while testing.
I updated the demo to give you an Enchanted Boomerang in one of the barrels where you start.

Last edited:
I cannot get past the bee room, as there is no gap.
Plus, it being hardmode is quite annoying...

I cannot get past the bee room, as there is no gap.
Plus, it being hardmode is quite annoying...

Yeah that part isn't about literal gaps.
I'm aware of the ambiguity of that puzzle and I am still working on ways to make it more obvious, while not outright spoiling it.

But here's the solution;

Bees from the Bee's Knees can go through 1 tile wide tiles to the left and upwards (as the gemspark arrows indicate). You just need to shoot through the walls with the right angle and you can hit the pressure pads.

A big shout out and thanks to James, aka ChippyGaming for playing my demo map :).

This makes me so motivated to get this done :D.

just about to try it out. :)
[doublepost=1497473487,1497473247][/doublepost]how do you...ohhhhhhhhhhhhh couldn't get it to link with steam for a second

Sorry, I ment that I was going to try it out and tell you what is good and bad (if there is anything bad. Spoilers)
I really liked it, I think that you could add a lot more to the end and add in a boss. I thought that the wires were a bit confusing. Other than that, I really liked it, good job. I would say maybe at least 1/4 done but I would rather go for 1/5 and I might have an idea for a boss try a pirate invasion. Good luck.

Last edited:
Yeah this was only a small demo, there's loads more to come, and there will be a few bosses around.
Not sure what you mean with confusing wires since you're not supposed to see wires anyway, as long as they work it's fine (even if the way I make things work may be in a roundabout way :p).

Anyways, thanks for your feedback and thanks for playing!

Back
Top Bottom