1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

tModLoader The Metroid Mod!

Discussion in 'Works-in-Progress' started by PhilBill44, Mar 10, 2019.

Tags:
?

What should the next suit added in be?

1. Phazon Suit

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. Dark Suit

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  3. Light Suit

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  4. PED Suit

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. Dark Samus

9 vote(s)
    23.1%
  6. Are you Crazy? All of the above!

20 vote(s)
    51.3%
  1. PhilBill44

PhilBill44 Skeletron

Are you ready for some Metroid goodness? The Alpha Metroid boss now plays AM2R boss music!

Kojiro_S likes this.
  2. PhilBill44

PhilBill44 Skeletron

There is now a manual download link. Enjoy!

3. PhilBill44

PhilBill44 Skeletron

Just a little sneak peak:)
    Imago.png

Aedan The Borf likes this.
  4. PhilBill44

PhilBill44 Skeletron

The poll for the next suit has ended. It was a tie between the Dark Suit and Dark Samus. Im going with Dark Samus. Ive been pretty slow with updates recently, expect in a week latest.

5. IDGCaptainRussia

IDGCaptainRussia Skeletron

You should be able to directly download it from the mod browser's servers
    EDIT: That sprite looks badass

6. PhilBill44

PhilBill44 Skeletron

Are you ready for some Metroid Fusion inside Terraria?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    Fauchderial likes this.
  7. PhilBill44

PhilBill44 Skeletron

Zombie researcher update just dropped! I also linked my mod to GitHub so I added some music and an icon!
    icon.png

Kojiro_S likes this.
  8. Kojiro_S

Kojiro_S Spazmatism

I think the zombie sprite is supposed to hunch its head every step, and that's why it unnaturaly does little skips instead of dragging its carcass on the floor.

9. PhilBill44

PhilBill44 Skeletron

Ya, something definitely seems off with the animation. I'll probably be updating that today or tomorrow. I'm going to add a head hunch and make the legs look more like their dragging and not stepping.

10. LeafFromABird

LeafFromABird Terrarian

Maybe Ridley could be suited better for the sky islands. You could add Shriek Bats, Zoomers and Sidehoppers for cave areas. Maybe even add space pirates for hard mode. You could also add Samus Eaters. This is just a handful of ideas.

PhilBill44 likes this.
  11. PhilBill44

PhilBill44 Skeletron

Ya, I agree. Having Ridley spawn on the surface feels out of place. Sidehoppers and space pirates are already something that I have planned to add in, but I'll definitely look into adding shreik bats and zoomers too. I also would like to add hornoads to the caves at some point.

12. Kojiro_S

Kojiro_S Spazmatism

I actually think Ridley should spawn in the underworld, since his hometurf is Norfair. As for space, maybe the ing, and Phantoom as a very rare spawn.

13. PhilBill44

PhilBill44 Skeletron

Ya, Ridley spawning in the underworld does make more sense. Having ing spawn in space would be a cool addition. I probably won't have Phantoom spawn though as he is a boss that I am currently working on.

14. IDGCaptainRussia

Fight him only in space
    problem solved

15. PhilBill44

PhilBill44 Skeletron

That would be a good idea, the only problem is that the current fight has a lot of projectiles shooting at you, and I am worried that the low gravity would prohibit you from dodging efficiently.

16. IDGCaptainRussia

Take a look at Thorium's Space Scouter fight to get a good idea how it's done there.
    Essentially, for space bosses I would build a platform starting JUST below you as you enter space to leave enough vertical area to not be effected by the gravity.
    the gravity bits are always a pain for bosses you fight in space but it just means you need to take extra care when making an area.

I mean, it's not like your asking players to fight something in hell which requires quite alot of arena prepping.

17. PhilBill44

PhilBill44 Skeletron

Ya, I guess it is definitely possible. Having him spawn anywhere other than space would feel out of place anyway. I could always tweak the projectiles to make them more "space friendly" too.

18. PhilBill44

PhilBill44 Skeletron

Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 4.45.22 PM.png
    Man, If you would have told me two weeks ago that my mod would have 2000 downloads, I would have called you crazy. Thanks for all the downloads!

IDGCaptainRussia likes this.
  19. IDGCaptainRussia

I had around 1500 downloads in weeks on my API library before even any mods were using it on the mod browser. But hey, the moment I hit 1000 it was quite the milestone eitherway!

20. PhilBill44

PhilBill44 Skeletron

I've been messing around with world generation. I'm not even near being done, but in the future, I would like to have Samus' gunship spawn on world creation. I mean, what's a 2d metroid game without the starting gunship?
    Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 2.47.41 PM.png

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019