tModLoader The Metroid Mod!

Discussion in 'Works-in-Progress' started by PhilBill44, Mar 10, 2019.

Tags:
?

What should the next suit added in be?

1. Phazon Suit

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Dark Suit

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. Light Suit

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. PED Suit

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Dark Samus

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. Are you Crazy? All of the above!

16 vote(s)
    53.3%
  1. RandomPlayer

RandomPlayer Terrarian

Also,what if you make a mini-"biome"?,like a laboratory where you can find some upgrades,the laboratory could have a lot of "futuristic" traps,(turrets that fire a laser,pipes or tubes that spawn enemies,etc).You can find chests with some boss summoners or even the metroid capsules

PhilBill44 likes this.
  2. PhilBill44

PhilBill44 Skeletron

If I was to do this, I could probably base it off of the restricted lab in Fusion. That way it would make sense to have the Metroid capsules there. Either that or I could make it like Mother Brains lair. (maybe even a mother brain boss inside :D)

Aedan The Borf likes this.
  3. Vulpurus

Vulpurus Terrarian

Just a suggestion, but an idea since all the suits are built on top of each other, have the set bonus effects stack. Maybe make the requirements more expensive to compensate, or require a certain accessory in their construction for it. The suits should definitely be based around ranged weapons for sure, it just fits most thematically with it.
    Also, as an example for building in accessories, putting the lava charm into the varia suit to fit with it being lava proof, the diving gear into the gravity suit to make it mobile in water, maybe night vision helmet used somewhere. Etc. It would make them less easy to build, but more satisfying to have, and more functional as well.

PhilBill44 likes this.
  4. PhilBill44

PhilBill44 Skeletron

Yeah, I like the idea of the diving gear in the gravity, the night vision in the power, and the lava charm in the varia. I also like the idea if having the bonuses stack. That way the armor upgrade doesn't feel like a downgrade.

5. Omega Derpling

Omega Derpling Spazmatism

Maybe have the obsidian rose and obsidian skull for varia and use the magma charm and diving gear for gravity? It's fine if you don't want to, but it would be more consistent with their actual effects

PhilBill44 likes this.
  6. PhilBill44

PhilBill44 Skeletron

I'll probably go with that, as that does seem more accurate with the games effects.

7. Aedan The Borf

Aedan The Borf Skeletron Prime

Y E S P L E A S E

PhilBill44 likes this.
  8. PhilBill44

PhilBill44 Skeletron

I had a couple people ask, so there is a discord now. This forum thread will stay the homepage though. Link

9. Omega Derpling

Omega Derpling Spazmatism

I'm so happy about this!

PhilBill44 likes this.
  10. Masi0819

Masi0819 Steampunker

Hey, this mod looks sick. I used to play Metroid and this will bring back some of that nostalgia.

PhilBill44 likes this.
  11. IDGCaptainRussia

IDGCaptainRussia Skeletron

And like your mod, your forum page has over 10K views now, congrats phil!

PhilBill44 likes this.
  12. PhilBill44

PhilBill44 Skeletron

Thanks!:D

13. Demitris

Demitris Terrarian

this is going grate its looking good id bet you can do magaman or other Nintendo
    characters

14. Aedan The Borf

Maybe you could add this? 89432B08-A5C5-4255-AD0B-157356714841.jpeg

PhilBill44 likes this.
  15. Vulpurus

Vulpurus Terrarian

I don't suppose you could update the main post to include all the items currently in the mod? I was trying to disable it after I thought I got rid of everything, but as soon as I opened up my storage, the game crashed.so I'm not sure what sneaky little item is doing it

16. Aedan The Borf

75231449-4A59-4F9C-A2AA-9C0FFA210513.jpeg
    Fun design

IDGCaptainRussia likes this.
  17. Aedan The Borf

Why is it that there are no replies... it’s weird, such a cool mod...