• PED Suit

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Dark Samus

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • Are you Crazy? All of the above!

Votes: 56 68.3%

• Total voters
More and more promise!
Thanks, this was only my second mod and I made the mistake of releasing it when it was still small and very low quality. It's quite a bit bigger now, but in retrospect, I should have not released it until now, as I could have very easily got a bad rep for my mod.

Thanks, this was only my second mod and I made the mistake of releasing it when it was still small and very low quality. It's quite a bit bigger now, but in retrospect, I should have not released it until now, as I could have very easily got a bad rep for my mod.
I don't think so, getting feedback early is usually a good move.
There were a few mods that were released in a pretty lack luster state (I remember Qwerty's mod when that first came out, it was pretty barebones) but they got better over time.

I see the same happening here and again for the most part: It's a promising path.

Previously, the part of this homepage showing the mod's content was severely unorganized. I'm happy to say that I have just edited it. It is now organized, and everything now has clear pictures and stats with details on what they do and how to obtain them!

Previously, the part of this homepage showing the mod's content was severely unorganized. I'm happy to say that I have just edited it. It is now organized, and everything now has clear pictures and stats with details on what they do and how to obtain them!
Normally I don't consider this if it's something you can craft, but if it's something that drops or you get through unusual means mentioning how to get it very welcome.
This is why as much as I want to like mods like Sir AFK's more pets, it's confusing how to get alot of the items needed to make the uber items.

Normally I don't consider this if it's something you can craft, but if it's something that drops or you get through unusual means mentioning how to get it very welcome.
This is why as much as I want to like mods like Sir AFK's more pets, it's confusing how to get alot of the items needed to make the uber items.
Not knowing how to obtain modded items has always aggravated me. If you haven't already, you should check out the mod recipe browser. Not only can you check the recipes of items, but If you drag an item, It will tell you which NPCs drop it. Its extremely useful for mods without a detailed Wiki.

Not knowing how to obtain modded items has always aggravated me. If you haven't already, you should check out the mod recipe browser. Not only can you check the recipes of items, but If you drag an item, It will tell you which NPCs drop it. Its extremely useful for mods without a detailed Wiki.
The item drop part doesn't always work due to different types of code involved in item dropping, but the mod is great, I do use it all the time.
But yeah a general idea of how to get some items is nice, like saying "X has Z% to drop from Y in the sky biome" or "X is crafted with Y+Z at an Anvil"
Something like that makes it much easier, but I think you'll wanna keep the details concise, like mention the way to acquire the most stand-out items or items used in many crafting recipes.

The dropship generation is a nice touch, but I'd revise the materials used in order to make it more tech-like, and less blocky. Replacing gold bricks for tin plating and raw obsidian for gear blocks may work, not sure since I haven't tried building the dropship but at least it will not look like a building.

The dropship generation is a nice touch, but I'd revise the materials used in order to make it more tech-like, and less blocky. Replacing gold bricks for tin plating and raw obsidian for gear blocks may work, not sure since I haven't tried building the dropship but at least it will not look like a building.
I took your advice and swapped the blocks. It looks a whole lot better. I also went ahead and painted the tin blocks gold.
Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 8.58.41 AM.png
From the map it looks exactly like Samus' gunship
Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 8.57.49 AM.png

Last edited:
Quick update on Dark Samus suit:
I am finished with the Dark Samus sprites and have just a little bit left to code. Im waiting to add it until I can find a way to incorporate it into the progression system. Maybe a Dark Samus boss?

IMO, you should stick to Metroid II since HQ sprites look out of place on Terraria (you can still improve the GB sprite though).

IMO, you should stick to Metroid II since HQ sprites look out of place on Terraria (you can still improve the GB sprite though).
Alright, I'll switch to the Metroid II sprite sometime today. Here is it animated:
218965-afa5267266cccf7b97ab24b7f6f35f0f.gif

Last edited:
I don't know if it's a bug but I have the ability to get the morph ball near spawn and it equips as a pet accessory which summons a reindeer.

I don't know if it's a bug but I have the ability to get the morph ball near spawn and it equips as a pet accessory which summons a reindeer.
Huh, thats weird. I've been working on the morphball mount and I must have left the item in the code by accident. Sorry, I'll update today and take that out. Thanks for letting me know.

Version 0.7.1.7 is now avaliable! Added new Waver NPC, Ridley now spawns in underworld, and added High Jump Boots crafted from shiny red balloon and hermes boots.
Video of high jump boots.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom