Story The Modification Chronicles

Sonnette

Retinazer
Welcome to my new Story called the Modification Chronicles. I will do cameos but please don't ask for them unless I give the general public permission to request them. I will put them in when it's appropriate.
Do note, there is quite a bit of foul language, but I'll try to limit how bad it is.
Also sorry about the varying length of chapters. I write more or less depending on how lazy I am.

---
([<'---'>])
---

"Damn it John!"

"What do you want?" I yelled back at Charley.

"You destroyed the Genetic Manipulator, Ryn is going to be pissed."

Damn, he figured out that it was me. "It's not my fault. Testing it out seemed to screw it up badly."

"What the hell do you guys think you're doing?" Crap, Ryn's back, she's going to expel me for screwing up the Manipulator.

"Genesis was a project that was started 3 years ago. Created by the Antarctican scientist, Daniel L. Smith, the Genetic Manipulator surveys and changes specific genes, however, there have been several human fatalities due to this machine. This is used in order to create easier breeds of animals without needing to interbreed species, as well as to cure diseases and to make humans more sophisticated. The start of major Genetic Manipulation started around 2010, nearly 60 years ago. Since, we have evolved considerably, making various inventions in order to make like easier for the scientists who use and make these inventions. This is why you have come to the Institute of Genetic Engineering for Genesis and Manipulation. Welcome, and I hope you enjoy this 6 year journey."

The soft, female voice cut off suddenly, and much of the Freshman class burst into applause as Firenze Smith, valedictorian of his year walked onto stage.

"Calm, calm, now, I know how excited you all are. I was there as well, just 7 years ago. My father, Daniel Smith, died from his own invention. It's how he always wanted to go. But before he died, he set up the foundations for this fantastic school. He said that whoever had the most success in the previous year would go on and write a speech, in order to greet the new students. I am proud that I was the Valedictorian of my fellow students, and that it is I who will finally become an employee of Genesis Industries, leader of modern day genetic modification. But, without further ado, let us start the year!"

"What the hell was that?" I heard a voice beside me, and saw a kid my age just shaking his head. "I'm Charles, but I'm also known as Charley. I got 3 stars on the Genesis Practice Tests, and I know that was a load of bull."

"Well, I can't argue with that, Charley, I'm John, by the way, and am worried about these rumors about the contests at the end of term." I shrugged, attempting to look nonchalant, but I think Charley saw right through me.

"Indeed. The fact of the expulsion penalty seems extreme."

"And now," we turned back up to the stage, to see Firenze back up there, "We will head to the first classes of the day."

"Now, now, class, calm down. My name is Professor Druddly. I will be your teacher for the rest of the term. I expect great things from you, for I am given extremely gifted and talented students. Now, we must discuss the most important thing that will happen to you in this first year. And that would be the termly Modification Tournament. Often known as simply the 'Tourney,' the Modification Tournament is a competition among all of the teachers of the year, represented by the 3 most promising students in their class. The winners of the tournament gain the power of a teacher, but the losers shall be expelled from watching the rest of the tournament. I expect my champions to win for me, as I have not lost for 7 years."

"Well at least we won't be expelled from the school if we lose, that must have been the seniors egging us on."

"Now, we will attempt to turn flees into seeds through Genetic Manipulation. I will give you no assistance. This is simply to teach you what you know. Please pair up in groups of two."

I immediately went up to Charley, because I knew how well he did on his G.P.T's, and he seemed friendly enough.

Back
Top Bottom