The most annoying boss in any video game you've played.

Definitely by far Gold Mask from Soul Knight.

His PKP attack is unfair high spread RNG bullet spam, and can't be interrupted by stun or freeze.
The debuff pools from the poop air strikes cover a huge part of the arena, and along with dealing damage, have a 100% chance to, when even barely walking into them, inflict the weary debuff, which cuts your attack speed in half.
The splitter cannon attack would be fine if he didn't shoot so many bullets at once and start using another attack before the bullets are gone.
And all this would be a lot more tolerable if he didn't constantly run around like he snorted his weight in cocaine before you fight him.
holy crud i'm not the only person that likes Soul Knight here?!

Fair enough
Anyways, Gold Mask is only really my choice because he's a 1-5 boss, and at that point you don't have many buffs and probably don't have that good of a weapon. There are some 3-5 bosses that are up there, too. Probably shouldn't have said "by far". Zulan can be hard, but is generally fine if you have a good bullet clearer. Dark Grand Knight (yes I know he's a 2-5 boss) is designed to be a nightmare, but gets memed by fast melee weapons and the reflect buff. FLUFO is the same, but is generally more bearable without one. Vark leader can be a huge pain, but if you have the poison buff and either a decent bullet clearer or decent dodging skills, he's fine.
Baby dragon bros and sandworm are a different story. Baby dragon bros are a duo boss designed like two single bosses mashed together. They have little to no telegraphing for their attacks, which include a large sweeping laser for both that they can use at the same time, requiring either luck or iframes to avoid. The other attacks are made hard to dodge by the other dragon's current attack or are near-impossible to see. Sandworm is perfectly fine until he starts digging. When underground, you can't do anything and it's hard to tell where he is, making you easy prey for the unavoidable 3 contact damage when he comes back up. The digging is made worse by the bullets he shoots every time he comes up and then dives down again. Worst of all, how long the phase lasts is entirely up to rng, and even when it does end, you are immediately met with a blast of bouncing bullets. The digging attack alone makes this fight a huge pain.
But at this point you are much better equipped than at 1-5, and that's what keeps gold mask at the top.

Waterblight Gannon is a right old pain
Thunderblight Gannon is definitely more painful and annoying tho

Attachments

• F3C1A11B-B4EF-44DE-8C65-8B91CA780C69.png
    F3C1A11B-B4EF-44DE-8C65-8B91CA780C69.png
    632.5 KB · Views: 29
Fair enough
Anyways, Gold Mask is only really my choice because he's a 1-5 boss, and at that point you don't have many buffs and probably don't have that good of a weapon. There are some 3-5 bosses that are up there, too. Probably shouldn't have said "by far". Zulan can be hard, but is generally fine if you have a good bullet clearer. Dark Grand Knight (yes I know he's a 2-5 boss) is designed to be a nightmare, but gets memed by fast melee weapons and the reflect buff. FLUFO is the same, but is generally more bearable without one. Vark leader can be a huge pain, but if you have the poison buff and either a decent bullet clearer or decent dodging skills, he's fine.
Baby dragon bros and sandworm are a different story. Baby dragon bros are a duo boss designed like two single bosses mashed together. They have little to no telegraphing for their attacks, which include a large sweeping laser for both that they can use at the same time, requiring either luck or iframes to avoid. The other attacks are made hard to dodge by the other dragon's current attack or are near-impossible to see. Sandworm is perfectly fine until he starts digging. When underground, you can't do anything and it's hard to tell where he is, making you easy prey for the unavoidable 3 contact damage when he comes back up. The digging is made worse by the bullets he shoots every time he comes up and then dives down again. Worst of all, how long the phase lasts is entirely up to rng, and even when it does end, you are immediately met with a blast of bouncing bullets. The digging attack alone makes this fight a huge pain.
But at this point you are much better equipped than at 1-5, and that's what keeps gold mask at the top.
I agree that Gold Mask is a pain. I do disagree with him being the hardest, especially on Badass mode. Baby Dragon Bros and Volcanic Sandworm make me auto reroll 3-5. Zulan isn't the hardest but Vark Leader is by far the easiest for that level.
What about Grave Guard Scarab and the Ice Cave Worm? Grave Guard summons bullets on you and the Ice Cave worm is Sandworm but with the crystal beetles healing. Both of these bosses make the alt floor 2 biomes a pain.
Without any immunity buffs, Gold Mask is a pain as a 1-5 boss but with poison, immunity isn't that bad. I would argue that on 1-5 without any immunity buffs Snowman King and Christmas Treant and harder.

Summoning wise,Plantera

Battle wise, Vulcan, from Epic Battle Fantasy 5
He hits so hard,Often one shot ing a character or two
Very very tanky Gets destroyed From one turn kill strategies, but doesn't get killed.
even worse that when he's low on health,He'll Spam very Powerful attacks and use an attack called Supernova ,this attack usually kills your party completely unless prepared, and how are you going to be prepared for that while trying to kill him as fast as possible?

The cherry on top of the cake is that once he's almost dead he'll keep defending

On normal this is good since you can keep deleting his buffs,so he keeps defending

On higher difficulties he'll defend and get another turn so he can keep defending and healing WHILE destroying your party

This boss Sucks

Im going to be honest, i have not had a more annoying Video Game boss in years then Kridis the dark priestess in destiny 2

that god damn bossfight made me want to kill myself

Back
Top Bottom