PC The Most Efficient Money farm in Terraria 1.3

One Pumpkin Moon with the Phantasm, Holy Arrows and Vortex Armor nets you 25 platinum in 10 minutes. Not counting the time you spend selling all the loot, of course. But I thank you for sharing this wonderful goldfish farm with us.

One Pumpkin Moon with the Phantasm, Holy Arrows and Vortex Armor nets you 25 platinum in 10 minutes. Not counting the time you spend selling all the loot, of course. But I thank you for sharing this wonderful goldfish farm with us.
This thread has been talking about farms, statue farming mainly, so putting an event fight into it and calling it a farm doesn't count. However, yo are right, it does yield a great deal of money, but it can't be done while AFK, unlses you made an AFK Moon Farm, then cool. But if you haven't, you can't simply sit there and just expect to get loot, as you have to summon the Moons by actually being at your PC.

This thread has been talking about farms, statue farming mainly, so putting an event fight into it and calling it a farm doesn't count. However, yo are right, it does yield a great deal of money, but it can't be done while AFK, unlses you made an AFK Moon Farm, then cool. But if you haven't, you can't simply sit there and just expect to get loot, as you have to summon the Moons by actually being at your PC.

I can beat the whole event with the Phantasm by aiming upwards and holding left mouse button. So essentially you can just put a rubber band around your mouse like it's done in the OP. And yes AFK Pumpkin Moon farming is a thing and the most efficient (and complicated) AFK designs actually generate even more loot, with upwards of 40 platinum per night.

But I was actually being amused by the title more than anything. Can't blame me though :)

I can beat the whole event with the Phantasm by aiming upwards and holding left mouse button. So essentially you can just put a rubber band around your mouse like it's done in the OP. And yes AFK Pumpkin Moon farming is a thing and the most efficient (and complicated) AFK designs actually generate even more loot, with upwards of 40 platinum per night.

But I was actually being amused by the title more than anything. Can't blame me though :)
Again, this thread has posts about making farms using wiring, so making external changes to make it seem like an AFK farm isn't what I'm talking about. I had a feeling you'd say something like that, which means you have not read the purpose of the thread.

Like I said, even after the invasion ends the Flying Dutchman sticks around. My method is AFK and I can leave it running 24/7. Of course, in expert mode you drop money on death (solar eclipse, goblin sorcerers, etc) so I set up a script to put my money in a piggy bank every now and then. The script also makes me run to the right all the time (after death it takes me to the spot I need to be in the continue collecting money from the pirates.

I used to do the Ocean Farm but I don't like that method. Then I went to the Lucky Coin Dungeon farm with the slime staff. It was too slow so now I am resorting to the Bunny + Goldfish + Slime Farm.

dfb1a57a7151cb72347fdfed6b559ee3.png

999 Goldfish nets you 74 Gold, 92 Silver and 50 copper.
999 Bunnies nets you 49 Gold and 95 silver.
Selling both nets you 1 Platinum, 24 Gold, 87 Silver and 50 copper.

You can get this in about 10 minutes with this Statue set-up. Great for getting small money while watching youtube videos or something.

Which arrows do you use?

slime staff and lucky coin / greedy ring all the way. Actually had to tell myself not to do that combo in 1.3 because previously I fell asleep and woke up to 100 plat in my inventory. It's just too good.

I'm not sure how, but you quoted me saying what someone else did.

I can answer anyways. The best to use would be Holy arrows.
Ah, you're right, my bad. Thanks for answer anyway =)

And I just realized I'm stupid because MatthewCR7 actually said which arrows he's using before I asked... Nevermind, sorry for offtopic.

And my methods to farm money is greedy ring + slime staff and solar eclipse or events like that. If not this combo, then catching bunnies, birds and goldfishes from statues and selling them. Both can be done while AFK if you do it correctly.

Last edited:
slime staff and lucky coin / greedy ring all the way. Actually had to tell myself not to do that combo in 1.3 because previously I fell asleep and woke up to 100 plat in my inventory. It's just too good.

And my methods to farm money is greedy ring + slime staff

Did you notice that you don't get gold coins dropped from the lucky coin/greedy ring effect?

Did you notice that you don't get gold coins dropped from the lucky coin/greedy ring effect?

I can't say I actually watched it tbh. The last time I used it was while afk. Took a 6 hour nap and woke up to 85 plat. Not bad for doing nothing, and more than enough money to reforge until the end :)

I have a similar Setup to SedrioX's, (3 Fish-Statues & 3 Bunny-Statues activated by a Bird-Engine) and it nets me about 3 Platinum every 5 Minutes. That's around 35 Platinum per hour! In 1.3.!

By catching the critters with a Golden Bugnet, so you have to hold the left mouse-button the whole time, or just use duct-tape ;)

Once I have more fish- & bunny-statues I'm thinking of using a teleporter to connect two such machines, automatically teleporting me back and forth (a couple of times per second) with the bird-engine.

Maybe that will yield even more money.

Last edited:
Okay, so I've upgraded my machine with another set of statues 50 blocks away (should be at least 35), so 6 bunnies and six fish can spawn at once, three each left and right.
I'm still missing that last goldfish statue, but I'm now making around 80 Gold per minute standing there with my Golden Bugnet, when before I was making around 55-60.

I'm guessing you could get close to 1 platinum per minute with that last goldfish statue.

Here's what you'll need:
* A Golden Bugnet.
* 6 statues each for bunnies and fish (12 statues total).
* 1 bird-statue, some pressure-plates, a 1-second-timer and a dart trap for the bird-engine.
* some cable, switches and teleporters from the Mechanic and Steampunker for the actual machine.
* If you want to use it as an AFK-machine you'll need a third-party-program that holds your left mouse button down. Or just use duct-tape.

The teleporters teleport you back and forth rapidly (which can make you really dizzy), so you can catch the 6 critters each from both sides.
The right switch is a killswitch that gets rid of the birds in the bird engine.

Ignore the green and blue cables on the right, they're for teleporters.

di-R4P4.jpg

di-FSA9.jpg

Last edited:
I have another to do that, although it requires a lot of dropping, but effect is extremely amazing. You first need to get slime staff and lucky coin ( which aren't obivously very easy to get ). Once you have these 2, you go to Lihzard Temple and summon a few slimes, you fill space around yourself with blocks where you are going to stand. Put Water Candle inside. Change resolution to smaller so monsters can spawn closer. If you did it properly, slimes should just hit all spawning Lihzards for one damage. If you play expert mode they have around 800 hp, which can net you a lot of gold, normal is pretty good too. Average money is around 100 platinum coins per hour, depending on luck, so it's pretty worth.

Edit: Confirmed to make 15 platinum an hour with additional 2-3 plat if you sell your drops

I just built this today thought I would share. Ran it in the morning and made 4platinum an hour, made some upgrades and now I have made 5 platinum in the last 20minutes, so if that continues it should be 15platinum an hour (Confirmed). Expert world and 100% afk. Left the house for 4 hours and it was fine.

Step 1. Dig out a large area in the cavern layer and build a spawning platform 23 blocks below a cage made from temple bricks and add a water candle. This will prevent enemies from spawning anywhere other than your platform (platform made from normal stone) I beleive the space needs to be 160 blocks wide and 84 blocks high

2u4t3if.jpg

Step 2. Equip Greedy Ring, Spore Sac, and have a slime staff (ideally) or maybe a pirate staff to generate coin. Also set up a normal dart trap at the end with a 5 second timer. The dart tap will kill the undead merchant and make mimics come to the middle. They spawn really fast and drop 25gold each (since my platinum per hour went up by 10 I am guessing about 40 mimics must spawn per hour). Here in the pic I have 2 at once. Greedy ring + slime staff will keep generating coin.

2e5k5mh.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom