Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Its okay.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • It could use some work.

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters

SnailsAttack

Dungeon Spirit
"A perfectly harmonious music thought by Pythagoras and later classical and medieval philosophers that is produced by the movement of celestial bodies but to be in audible on the earth."

The Music of The Spheres is a new game mechanic that causes the player to hear a beautiful humming in the space layer.

It sounds much like this.

About 30 seconds to a minute after the player has beaten the Golem, there will be a huge explosion sound and the screen will shake. When you get to the surface, on the left or right third of the world there will be a meteor-like crash site, but instead of meteorite there will be many different ores. In the center will be a blue orb, with the same wavy visual effect that the pillars have.

The Celestial Bodies

The Celestial Bodies are summoned about a minute after an orb is smashed, or by killing a martian probe, which now only spawn after the celestial bodies are defeated. They look like glowing orbs, each themed a different element with a respective color. These are the 10 types of spheres, which all do 40 damage on contact.

Attack Pattern :

3-4 Spheres will simultaneously attack the player for 15-25 seconds, while the others idle, rotating around the player in a force field similar to that of a celestial pillar, except that projectiles will bounce off of it.

Ignis
11000 Health
55 Damage
Low Knockback
Inflicts the On Fire debuff
The Ignis sphere glows hot red with the blaze of millions of suns. It spits glowing balls of lava at the player that sets them on fire and does 55 damage.

Aqua
6000 Health
Extreme Knockback
The aqua sphere is the heart of the ocean's depth. It sprays thick gyser of water at the player that does only 30 damage, but propels them far away.

Electricus

6500 Health
75 Damage
Weak Knockback
The electricus sphere crackles with deep blue electricity. It zips around the player inflicts them with the Electrocuted Debuff.

Venenum

4100 Health
50 Damage from gas
Extremely Weak Knockback
Inflicts the Venum debuff
The venenum sphere radiates with a strange, poisonous odor. It moves in short bursts of speed around the player and sprays a poisonous gas at them, while does 50 damage and inflicts the venom debuff

Praecantatio

5400 Health
40 Damage from projectile
Inflicts the confused debuff (1/4)
The praecantatio sphere floats with an almost magical aura. It fires glowing projectiles at high speeds.

Gelum

5300 Health
85 Damage from boulders
Inflicts the Chilled debuff and the Frozen debuff (1/5)
The gelum sphere freezes the air around it. It shoots boulders of ice at the player that can bounce off of walls and platforms. If you come within 10 blocks of it, you get the chilled debuff. If you touch it, you get the frozen debuff. The boulders always inflict frozen.

Tenebris

3000 Health
70 Damage
Inflicts the Darkness debuff or the Blackout debuff (1/3)
The Tenebris sphere is the embodiment of pure darkness, and no light can penetrate it. It shoots a powerful but inaccurate laser that causes 70 damage and darkness or blackout.

Ichorus
12000 Health
35 Damage
Inflicts the Ichor debuff
The Ichorus sphere is made of molten ichor and spits thin streams of Ichor at the player. It also can fire balls of ichor.

Motus
6000 Health
50 Damage
Inflicts the Confused debuff
The Motus sphere shoots through the sky at the speed of light, following its own path. It flies around at insane speeds, though is very inaccurate.

Silentium
5000 Health
30 Damage
Inflicts the Silenced debuff
The Silentium sphere is dark, slow and silent. It fires quiet, tinkling musical notes that inflict Silenced for 3 seconds.

Properties
  • They can pass through blocks.
  • When they explode, the parts don't disappear.

They also have a second phase. When the last sphere is killed, it will fly to the center of the screen and begin glowing very brightly. All the parts from the other dead spheres will fly into the light, and when the light fades, there is a huge sphere that is about twice as big as the Eye of Cthulhu. This new boss will alternate between the elements, attacks, and colors of the previous spheres respectively. Each alternation will last 10 seconds, and will switch with a blinding flash of light that is the color of the element it is switching to. When it is finally killed, it explodes in a blast of colors, as the elements are released.

50000 Health
55 Defense
Immunity to all debuffs

At the moment, I am unsure of what it could drop. Maybe it could just drop money.

If you enjoyed, please leave a comment, like, opinion, or even sprite if you want! ;)

Last edited:
Funny thing about terraria: The larger a boss is, the easier it is to kill.

First of all: First phase seems more annoying than anything else. I mean, I've beaten the golem, giving me access to quite a lot of endgame gear... If its a "rare chance" when I'm in the upper layers of space (which, by the way, is a problem, since I am not just going to sit there waiting for a meteor), then that gives me an opportunity to kill the Duke as well. Take those weapons, easy game. (Think Razorblade Typhoon + Spectre Gear.)

Second phase is just weak. It has 12000 health?
Every hardmode boss has more than that. I suppose you could argue that the first phase has a lot of health, but if we assume that health averages 1000 overall (not going to calculate everything perfectly) that's an increase of 30000 health.

Combine with the second phase, putting it at 42000 health. Not TERRIBLE (The Twins have 43000 total, Skeletron Prime has 28000 (I think. This is from memory) , but you have to consider that in the first phase, its CONSTANTLY being weakened as its orbs are being shot down.

Also: There is not a single orb here that seems to be a legitimate threat. All of them do damage that is easily negated, with the best clocking in at around... 10-20 damage to a player in Beetle Shell gear (without factoring in any other increases to defense) (Also a lot would do like, one), and those orbs also don't have very much health, meaning they'll be destroyed fairly quickly. Everything there just seems to be annoying rather than threatening.

And... there are no drops. There is no reason for me to fight this.

And I think you missed that part on that one thread where I pointed out that if a comet hit the world, we would all die. Also the part where I pointed out that a comet is much, much larger than a meteor(ite).

The first phase, where there are plenty of orbs with low health, can easily be taken down by piercing end-game weapons. Paladin's Hammer, Rainbow Gun, Tsunami + Piercing Arrows, Razorblade Typhoon can decimate those floating orbs in seconds, at the same time.... and those are just a few examples.

We'd also appreciate it you can be more firm with the drops. Vague ideas for them equals us having little to no interest in having them.

Funny thing about terraria: The larger a boss is, the easier it is to kill.

First of all: First phase seems more annoying than anything else. I mean, I've beaten the golem, giving me access to quite a lot of endgame gear... If its a "rare chance" when I'm in the upper layers of space (which, by the way, is a problem, since I am not just going to sit there waiting for a meteor), then that gives me an opportunity to kill the Duke as well. Take those weapons, easy game. (Think Razorblade Typhoon + Spectre Gear.)

Second phase is just weak. It has 12000 health?
Every hardmode boss has more than that. I suppose you could argue that the first phase has a lot of health, but if we assume that health averages 1000 overall (not going to calculate everything perfectly) that's an increase of 30000 health.

Combine with the second phase, putting it at 42000 health. Not TERRIBLE (The Twins have 43000 total, Skeletron Prime has 28000 (I think. This is from memory) , but you have to consider that in the first phase, its CONSTANTLY being weakened as its orbs are being shot down.

Also: There is not a single orb here that seems to be a legitimate threat. All of them do damage that is easily negated, with the best clocking in at around... 10-20 damage to a player in Beetle Shell gear (without factoring in any other increases to defense) (Also a lot would do like, one), and those orbs also don't have very much health, meaning they'll be destroyed fairly quickly. Everything there just seems to be annoying rather than threatening.

And... there are no drops. There is no reason for me to fight this.

And I think you missed that part on that one thread where I pointed out that if a comet hit the world, we would all die. Also the part where I pointed out that a comet is much, much larger than a meteor(ite).

For that waiting around for a comet part, I could make it so that it happens as soon as you beat the golem and head up to space. And for the golem part, I could have it so you have to beat Duke FIshron AND the golem.

Also, I actually missed a digit and thought that things like the destroyer had 8,000 health. Didn't know it was 80,000. >_<
'
For the easy first stage, I'll raise the damage, health, and debuff powers and lower the amount of spheres that spawn to just the 10 that there are so it isn't just annoying.

And I guess I'll raise the health of the second stage too.

Thank you very much for the feedback ;)

Last edited:
In the Lovecraftian world,the Music Of The Spheres is a music that awakes Great Old Ones and Outer Gods and it is sang by Ghroth,maybe having it on the background while this fight happens would be cool.Or..
..Just put this music before moon lord awakes.

I know I'm late to this party, and I'm sorry I don't have much to add but... Thaumcraft Players Represent!
(A lot of the names of your spheres remind me of Thaumcraft or are from Thaumcraft. Unless they're also from somewhere else.)

I know I'm late to this party, and I'm sorry I don't have much to add but... Thaumcraft Players Represent!
(A lot of the names of your spheres remind me of Thaumcraft or are from Thaumcraft. Unless they're also from somewhere else.)

It's Latin - each element is translated into Latin. Ignis is Latin for Fire, Aqua for Water and the such.

Anyway, the idea seems quite good to me. If the sprites used are good, then this would be fantastic. It would be a messy but exciting in a way boss battle imo.

Back
Top Bottom