The New Era

Status
Not open for further replies.
[This forum game is based on Tappy Tap Adventures, thanks Pricey for inspiring me.]
Years after the Apocalypse, the world thrived again. The people were generally more focused on building society once more, having an unexpected help from every hero. Well, not everything will go well. One hundred years later, when the last of memories faded into nothing, and the society was built, the first signs of evil was sought. But it wasn't that people were prepared for it, after all, lots of them were not believing that evil will strike back. In this situation, new heroes have to be formed, from the common lands, or otherwise summoned by prayers. This is the New Era.

The Second Adventurer Era.

Note - this isn't a RP, this is a forum game. Still, if you like RPing, what is a trouble doing it there? Pretty sure none.

Fill me the character sheet first, though. You can use multiple, though, just in case, but you can't mix them.

Raw Stats:

Name:
Title:
HP:
MP:
Mean Attack:
Defence:
Critical rate:
Limit Break:
Spells (start with up to five, needs to be balanced in mana cost, utility and stats):
Note: I have an example set up for that.

Name: Stat dummy
Title: Dummy
HP: 15
MP: 10
Mean Attack: 8
Defence: 3
Critical rate: 25%
Limit Break: Dummy confusion - dummies foes into punching themselves, dealing twice damage with no special effect. Activated by getting attacked thrice.
Spells:
Dummied out: Gives out 20% chance for unsuccessful attack for the foe for this turn. Uses 8 MP.

Traits:

Name:
Title:
Strengths: (As traits)
Weaknesses: (As traits)
Limit Break:
Spells (start with up to five, needs to be balanced in mana cost, utility and stats):

Preference:

Name:
Title:
Where do you think you fit the niche best?:
What would you use as an weapon if you had one?:
Limit Break:

Now, where are we?

Ah, yes, rules!

1. Definitely you can attack however you want, but don't use power reserved for Godmodders like Richard from DTG (if you don't know who he is, he's a titular godmodder from DTG.)
2. No mixing your Title Sheets. Well, that'd not be a surprise if you detailed your posts!
3. Charging attacks, creating items and summoning entities take one slot, and you have three. Please note that you do have a upper limit of 50 CP per item/alchemy/summon, and bottom limit of
4. You can assist people. Of course, if someone did a 5 charge entity/alchemy/action, the maximum you can assist is 3 per alchemy/charge/summon (subject to multiplication or divide, round it up after a final result). Also, you can only assist +1 to two players.
a) Cumulative assist points are capped at 45, but only if there's 24 people or more. If there's less than 12, it's 15, and if it's in-between: 30. (Those are per 5, if you want to multiply or divide by number, you also have to multiply/divide the assist to be able to get granted.)
5. If you're not sure what does specific spell/skill do, just PM me.
6. Charging and summoning you can do once per turn, but attacking you can do twice (once per separate post, please). Of course, you can attack while summoning. Oh, and don't double-post to get around it either.
7. Item upgrades need to consume an sacrifice or raw materials or gold. Whatever you want, really.
8. Most importantly, have fun!

This is stat-o-pedia.
HP - Hitpoints. If it gets to 0, you get knocked out, and you need to wait 2 turns to knock yourself out of fainting with 50% HP. If it reaches -50%, you die and have to wait until someone performs CPR (50% chance of reviving you to 20% HP, can be done instead of an attack, only doable twice) or till the end of a stage.
MP - Mana Points. Most spells use mana.
ATT (Formerly ATK mostly) - Attack. Damage dealt against enemy, mean damage is 100% of ATT stat, which means Min/Max ATT are 80%/125%, respectively.
CRIT - Critical chance. Those deal 150% damage, at least for now. The cap is 50%.
DEF - Defence. It reduces damage by 1 point each, but can't reduce more than 90% damage, rounded to nearest number. By example, if you get 20 defence and the foe hits you with 20 attack strength, you still take 2 damage. And if you have 10 defence, and foe tries to hit you with 6 damage attack? It still connects.
Dodge rate gives you a chance of dodging attacks (MAX: 20%)

There are 10 types of items:
Main weapon
Off-hand weapon/shield (can't be used with 2-handed weapons)
Helmets
Breastplates (Capes can be worn alongside armour).
Gloves
Leggings
Boots
Trinket (Can be offensively used, it then uses an offhand weapon/shield slot)
Ring (You can wear two)
Amulet

You can also make spells if you want to be a mage or a cleric. There's a cap of five for them.

And finally alignments:
[A] - Adventurers, reserved for players.
[E] - Enemies
- Support, basically your ally alignment.
[N] - Neutral, like shopkeepers or buildings.
- Bosses, reserved for NPCs.

So, here we go, the first EOTB, even though there's none. (And if you're wondering where's GMPC, there's none. Gotta stop the bias about GMPCs being common.)
EOTB:
Stage 1, Wave 0/10

Entities: None so far.

Last edited:
Name: David
Title: The Blade's Eternal Flame
HP: 32
MP: 19
Mean Attack: 5
Defense: 1
Critical rate: 3%
Limit Break: Fire Finale - Takes two turns to charge. Deals massive fire damage to all foes.

Spell List
  • Agilao: Deals moderate Fire damage to a single target. (5 MP)
  • Kougaon: Deals large Bless damage to a single target. (12 MP)
  • Mafrei: Deals small Nuclear damage to all foes. (4 MP)
  • Mediarama: Restores a decent amount of HP to all allies. (9 MP)
  • Tarukaja: Buffs the user's Attack. (8 MP)

I guess I just didn't elaborate enough for spells or maximum stats, but whatever, the oversight is officially included in sign-up. Be sure to redeem your good bad bug in your sign-up sheet!

For purposes of balancing (well, for a Limit Break I felt like it'd be too easy to activate):
Fire Finale: Two turns to charge -> On critical health (<10% HP rounded up), then one turn to charge and five cooldown, that ticks down even if healed up.
Mafrei cost: 4 -> 6 MP
Agilao cost: 5 -> 4 MP
Accepted. No more modifications can be done to sheet.

MOTD:
Null, nil' happening. Will begin in two turns.
Stage 1, Wave 0/10
Entities:
[A - LVL 1] David, the Blade's Eternal Flame, HP: 32/32, MP: 19/19, ATT: 5, DEF: 1, CRIT: 3%

Name: Ferrum.
Title: The Iron Blade.
HP: 40
MP: 15
Mean Attack: 7
Defence: 4.
Critical Rate: 5%.
Limit Break: Superior Blade (after Ferum has only 12.5% of health, He gets his attacks increased by 4)
Spell:
-Double Swords (consumes 5 Mana to be balanced, The Ferrum wields another Sword that raises defence by 2).

Name: Ferrum.
Title: The Iron Blade.
HP: 40
MP: 15
Mean Attack: 7
Defence: 4.
Critical Rate: 5%.
Limit Break: Superior Blade (after Ferum has only 12.5% of health, He gets his attacks increased by 4)
Spell:
-Double Swords (consumes 5 Mana to be balanced, The Ferrum wields another Sword that raises defence by 2).
Ah, here you go! Now, that's... well... quite intriguing. Since Double Swords basically increases defence, the new def stat might be 3 for a nerf. ATT: 7 -> 6
Also, that's a nice passive limit break. Accepted. No more changes can be made to character.
((Huh, this is getting a health inflation.))

MOTD:
Null, nil' happening. Will begin in one turn.

Some shape seems to be visible from distance. Probably you want to investigate it.
Stage 1, Wave 0/10
Entities:
[A - LVL 1] Ferrum, The Iron Blade, HP: 40/40, MP: 15/15, ATT: 6, DEF: 3, CRIT: 5%
[A - LVL 1] David, the Blade's Eternal Flame, HP: 32/32, MP: 19/19, ATT: 5, DEF: 1, CRIT: 3%

David investigates the hazy figure, but he gets ready to use Kougaon in case it's an enemy.

The figure looks pretty strange, maybe something you don't understand... but the eyes seem strange.

Ferrum prepares to use the Double Swords spell when an enemy appears.

You seem to buff yourself. Defence up for two turns!

MOTD:

The figure turns to you - ?: "Who dares disturb the mage?" - Although he is calm...
Yup, that was an enemy, so Kougaon took effect. 5 damage to ??? (/2 due to Anima)

The enemy anima mage seems to cast Fire on David in retaliation. 4 damage!
Stage 1, Wave 1/10
Entities:
[A - LVL 1] Ferrum, The Iron Blade, HP: 40/40, MP: 15/15, ATT: 6, DEF: 5 (3+2), CRIT: 5%
[A - LVL 1] David, the Blade's Eternal Flame, HP: 28/32, MP: 7/19, ATT: 5, DEF: 1, CRIT: 3%

[E - LVL 1] Anima Mage, Element: Anima-Fire. HP: 15/20, MP: 5/10, ATT: 5, DEF: 0, CRIT: 10%
Spell: Fire - deals moderate damage to one entity. Has 25% chance to burn the target.

AAAAAAA! And no one fresh joined yet.

O...okay, I'll focus.

Ferrum uses his Sword against the Anima Mage.
The slash naturally worked on the mage like a knife on butter, 6 damage.
I cast Agilao.
Quite a liberal use of magic, huh? Nevermind, you deal 6 damage. No burns, though.

----

MOTD:

Well, that's quite a hard beginning, but what we can do? At least the mage wasted the attack on Ferrum, who only took 1 damage from the spell, that failed to burn him.
Another one comes, but with a different spell (Yeah, while the first one is almost dead, and might just die from one strike...)

Note that striking down the fire Anima mage marks wave 1 as complete, thus restoring 50% of MP pool and 10% of HP pool.

Stage 1, Wave 2/10 (plus Anima Mage - Fire from wave 1)
[A - LVL 1] Ferrum, The Iron Blade, HP: 39/40, MP: 10/15, ATT: 6, DEF: 3, CRIT: 5% (This was a fix from previous EOTB, don't worry)
[A - LVL 1] David, the Blade's Eternal Flame, HP: 28/32, MP: 3/19, ATT: 5, DEF: 1, CRIT: 3%

[E - LVL 1] Anima Mage, Element: Anima-Fire. HP: 3/20, MP: 0/10, ATT: 5, DEF: 0, CRIT: 10%
Spell: Fire - deals moderate damage to one entity. Has 25% chance to burn the target.
[E - LVL 1] Anima Mage, Element: Anima-Wind. HP: 25/25, MP: 8/8, ATT: 3, DEF: 0, CRIT: 20%
Spell: Confuse - deals slight damage, but might make foes get 20% chance to hit themselves for 1x of the damage.

This time I use Mafrei.
I know I shouldn't do an exception, but you only have 3 MP. So if it rolled 3-, you miss, 4+ and you hit... and take 3 damage from overcharge... and you did it. 4 damage to both, the first one has been slain for 6 gold pieces, but wave 1 is formally beaten.
I swipe a Sword at the Wind Anima Mage
And here comes 7 damage to the mage. That's good.
---
MOTD:

The mage casts confusion on David, dealing 1 damage, but confusing him.

[A - LVL 1] Ferrum, The Iron Blade, HP: 39/40, MP: 15/15, ATT: 6, DEF: 3, CRIT: 5% (This was a fix from previous EOTB, don't worry)
[A - LVL 1] David, the Blade's Eternal Flame, HP: 27/32, MP: 10/19, ATT: 5, DEF: 1, CRIT: 3%. Confused [20% chance to hit yourself for 3-5 damage, D: 3/3]

Party GP: 6

[E - LVL 1] Anima Mage, Element: Anima-Wind. HP: 14/25, MP: 8/8, ATT: 3, DEF: 0, CRIT: 20%
Spell: Confuse - deals slight damage, but might make foes get 20% chance to hit themselves for 1x of the damage.

Last edited:
Nnnngh, I'm not autoing unless the player gives me permission to do so.

I use Tarukaja and buff my ATK.

Status magic seems to be loophole abuse, as you buff yourself for +2 attack for 3 turns.

---
MOTD:

The mage smacks the staff on Ferrum. Unsurprisingly, it deals only 1 damage.

Debuffs tick down

[A - LVL 1] Ferrum, The Iron Blade, HP: 38/40, MP: 15/15, ATT: 6, DEF: 3, CRIT: 5% (This was a fix from previous EOTB, don't worry)
[A - LVL 1] David, the Blade's Eternal Flame, HP: 27/32, MP: 2/19, ATT: (5)7, DEF: 1, CRIT: 3%. Confused [20% chance to hit yourself for 3-5 damage, D: 2/3]

Party GP: 6

[E - LVL 1] Anima Mage, Element: Anima-Wind. HP: 14/25, MP: 8/8, ATT: 3, DEF: 0, CRIT: 20%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom