NPCs & Enemies The Nightmare

Opinions on the theme.

• This would be a good addition entirely.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I want more creepy horror, but not this.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The items are bad.

• The items are good.

• This suggestion is bad and you should feel bad.

• I do not want more horror themed bosses.

• We already have too many bosses

• It needs some adjustments

• It seems too complicated to fight

• It seems too simple to fight

• I like that it encapsulates both corruption and crimson.

• Total voters

Kawagiri

Terrarian
This is just a suggestion to get a feel on whether people would like to build more on the understated "horror" themes and boss presence.

The actual strength of this boss would be up for negotiation, as I stated, it's more about giving a boss presence and making people worry about what is to come in the fight.

Summoned during a full moon, the moon changes red and dripping blood before opening as a giant eyeball. Screeching is heard and the very air near the player begins to crack. The cracks open into a black void, dark tentacles spread out from the tear and the battle begins.

Form 1:
Appearance: An amorphous mass of dark tentacles.
Attacks: whip tentacles (melee). Blobs of darkness thrown (range). (Blobs can slow and inflict darkness and prevent flight by sticking the wings together/ blocking hover vents)
Abilities: occasionally goes into a frenzy of flailing tentacles for a few seconds, reflecting projectiles.
Health percentile Changes: at 50% health, enough damage is done to expose the red crystalline core, which takes double damage from attacks.
Death: crystal drops to the nearest ground and turns purple.

Form 2:
Appearance: crystal takes root wiyh newly growing tentacles.
Attacks: void beam (a wide tracking purple laser that won't pass blocks.), eruption (tentacles erupt and retract from the ground starting close to the core and working out. Damage heals the crystal and temporarily boosts it's damage.)
Abilities: steadily regenerates due to roots. calls creatures from the void from new cracks in the air (small versions of the original), a whine intensifies and a circular pulse can be emit once reaching sufficient pitch, damaging allies.
Health percentile change: as the core is damaged, it gradually changes from purple to black.
Death: the crystal shatters and the pieces are sucked into a black hole back into the void to regenerate.

Possible rewards:
singularity cannon: has a knockback effect towards the projectile before exploding. (As it is knockback, some things will resist or be immune.)

Black crystal: sentry summon. (Form 2) Sends out black spikes along the ground gaining power (max limit will apply) with each kill and transferring a small amount of damage dealt to the user (nothing near vamp knives), designed for common mobs and events.

Void staff: summons mini nightmares. (Form 1)

I'm unsure what technical limitations may be faced. I completely understand terraria is fairly simplistic, however animations are shown in a few situations. This is more a guage of whether this style of boss and direction of gore/horror would be well recieved.

P.s. I apologize for potential mistakes, as this was made on my phone.

Stats have also not been suggested as it could be moon lord-esque however it could easily be more plantera level/early hard mode. The singularity cannon would obviously be slow as not to allow locking enemies in place.

Last edited:
this idea is great, but it really belongs in a mod. the overall darkness of this boss isn't something that I can see being added to terraria. it just seem too gory. but hey, I'm not a dev, so you never know.

I... Uh... *sigh*
I can't get behind it. It's true, horror is understated in this game, but this is a T-for-Teen, pixellated, slightly ridiculous game that is great fun and not too serious. I feel that the little bit of horror that they have is cool. I feel that more of it would be overstating it too much. Horror isn't really Terraria style. Just mildly eerie.

I agree with ArmegeddonCraft. It's a great concept but something just a little too over the top for vanilla Terraria.

Back
Top Bottom