Sprites The Nile - A desert biome chest weapon

How would you feel about this being implemented into Terraria?

• The Desert is long overdue for a biome chest in the Dungeon, I'm giving support

• The Desert could use a Biome chest but I don't think the weapon should be a Yo-Yo (so what item?)

• I don't think that the Desert should get a biome weapon (why is that?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Orion_Bright

Retinazer
Disclaimer: I realize that this idea has been done before a few times in the past. Without seeming like an :red:, I will just say that I think that my version will be a little more, *cough cough* in depth, than other threads. In addition to that, this kind of requires Mobile and Console versions to be in 1.3... enjoy?

Hello one and all to an idea of mine, The Nile.
A desert biome chest weapon

To start off, almost every major biome has a biome chest in the dungeon, but for some reason the desert doesn't. With one of the most recent updates the desert got more love and with the edition of more kinds of weapons it makes little sense why the desert still hasn't gotten a biome chest. This is my vision of how everything would (or could) be if a chest existed for our insect infested dunes
[Mobile and Console]
f9W2BEi.gif
The desert key mold has a 1 in 2500 chance to be dropped from any enemy in the desert after the Wall of Flesh has been beaten.
Temple_Key.png
+ 5
Soul_of_Fright.png
+ 5
Soul_of_Might.png
+ 5
Soul_of_Sight.png
+ 1
f9W2BEi.gif
= 1 desert key
Hl69rOL.gif

[PC]
Hl69rOL.gif
The desert key has a 1 in 2500 chance to be dropped from any enemy in the desert after the Wall of flesh has been beaten

[All versions]
8h7dKSA.gif
You can only use the key to unlock the desert chest after Plantera is defeated (just like all the others). So here is the burning question. What's inside this chest?

mTteojQ.gif
I present, The Nile. Yoyo's have their own little mini sub class and would be a full subclass if it weren't for the whole "melee damage" thing. So for the sake of this suggestion, forget the fact that there would be 3 melee biome weapons.

mTteojQ.gif
The Nile
82 melee damage
Fast speed
22 tile reach
20 second duration
Average knockback
7% critical chance
"Even emperors need to groove"

When an enemy is killed with The Nile there is a 20% chance for the yo-yo to begin pulsating. When thrown when it pulsates you can right click to unleash a trail of blue "water" in the air, which lingers for .5 of a second then disappears. The trail will do 15 damage per tick. This ability does not knock enemy's back, instead it damages them continuously like a spike trap or something of the type

Aside from the biome weapon there would be your generic loot, for example
----------->
Gold_Bar.png
Invisibility_Potion.png
Gold_Coin.png
Silver_Coin.png
<-----------

Well I think that concludes everything, if you think I missed something or things need changing just leave a comment. Especially if it's a spelling error. I will update the post If it needs tweaking
Sand_Block.png
Sand_Block.png
Sand_Block.png
Sand_Block.png
Sand_Block.png
Toodles!
Sand_Block.png
Sand_Block.png
Sand_Block.png
Sand_Block.png
Sand_Block.png

Last edited:
I swear if no-one sees this and all my good sprites go down the drain I might actually burn a sim city to the ground

I swear if no-one sees this and all my good sprites go down the drain I might actually burn a sim city to the ground
Good start Bernie, if ye hone your skills, you will be kindling a good profession

Although to be fair you don't need to burn any sim cities
You look like you style your hair by filling the toilet bowl with gasoline, setting your head on fire and sticking it down the bog

This idea is alright... But the only problem is it lacks the gimmick all the other biome weapons have, you could have simply added a trait like "Unleashes a sandstorm after hitting an enemy"
Adding that would make it a good suggestion though.

This idea is alright... But the only problem is it lacks the gimmick all the other biome weapons have, you could have simply added a trait like "Unleashes a sandstorm after hitting an enemy"
The Nile is a river, so it would make sense to do a water gimmick instead of sand

Besides sand isn't anything special, I can find it between me nan's toes

Good start Bernie, if ye hone your skills, you will be kindling a good profession

Although to be fair you don't need to burn any sim cities
You look like you style your hair by filling the toilet bowl with gasoline, setting your head on fire and sticking it down the bog
actually an oil drum, not a toilet.

Damn, I knew I forgot something. thank you very much, I will add something soon

So I added a work in progress ability, something a little unique. Again, welcome to suggestions so what do you think of it?

So I added a work in progress ability, something a little unique. Again, welcome to suggestions so what do you think of it?
I'd say the new ability is too weak, only having a 25% chance of appearing and doing like 30 damage at most, and linger effects for a yo-yo don't work well, as they'll knockback anything before getting hit by the effect.

I suggest something like "After killing an enemy or using the yoyo for 2~3 seconds, the waters of the nile empower you."(Something like hitting an enemy causes a waterfall to appear after a second as well as some sort of buff)

actually, I would think it's pretty balanced. If you are fighting, say a wave of enemys, that is a 1 in 4 chance of it happening. I did not say it and I will add it but the trail doesn't KB enemy's, It acts like a trap, just damaging them. 30 seconds per tick is also pretty strong when you double it up with the 82 damage compared to the other biome weapons, I mean, look at the Ice hydra or the rainbow gun.

actually, I would think it's pretty balanced. If you are fighting, say a wave of enemys, that is a 1 in 4 chance of it happening. I did not say it and I will add it but the trail doesn't KB enemy's, It acts like a trap, just damaging them. 30 seconds per tick is also pretty strong when you double it up with the 82 damage compared to the other biome weapons, I mean, look at the Ice hydra or the rainbow gun.
I'm speaking about the yoyo knockback, as lingering effects from a yoyo come from the "inside" of itself, so the only real way to use the effect is to sort of "sweep" the yoyo across the enemies. But the real problem is that you need to kill the enemy to even get a chance to get the effect, and if I really wanted to do that then I would just use the other items of the same tier (Looking at you vampire knives/scourge of the corrupter) which do the same job faster, and have much better benefits.

I'm speaking about the yoyo knockback, as lingering effects from a yoyo come from the "inside" of itself, so the only real way to use the effect is to sort of "sweep" the yoyo across the enemies. But the real problem is that you need to kill the enemy to even get a chance to get the effect, and if I really wanted to do that then I would just use the other items of the same tier (Looking at you vampire knives/scourge of the corrupter) which do the same job faster, and have much better benefits.
ok, I'm understanding now. I guess it would be best to change the ability, but if I didn't I guess I would have to make it so the yo-yo wouldn't have any effect on enemy's when right clicking

Back
Top Bottom