NPCs & Enemies The Nose of Cthulhu

Nutella Fairy

Skeletron Prime
Please read the whole OP before reporting me. Thank You.

Yes, i'm serious, you just read that title, and no, i'm not joking. I want this in the game. The Nose of Cthulhu will be a joke boss, like duke fishron, with completely optional drops, yet challenging to kill. We all know that Cthulhu has bad alergies, so this boss is summoned by planting a Pollonated Deathweed in a pot. (the seeds are dropped by moss hornets with a 5% chance.) This plant will bloom in the start of night, and you will receive the message "You feel sniffling from the ocean" (after forty seconds the boss will spawn.)

The Nose of Cthulhu (by @Pirtz )
index.php

HP:60,000
Contact Damage: 130
DEF: 60

Our drippy friend here initially attacks by ramming from side to side of the screen, but at a much faster pace than queen bee.
When at 50000 HP or below, it will start lobbing snot balls as it rams which work like Cursed Flames projectiles. At 40K, it will go from ramming/lobbing to flying high above the player, raining snot on them. It will revolve between these attacks. During the rain attack, the player will have the "gooey wings" debuff, more on that later.

Second Form
index.php

HP: 30,000/60,000
(everything doubles, so stats aren't needed)

In the second phase, defense and contact damage double, and if you deal to much DPS, the nose will become invincible, an the eye will open and shoot lasers at the player. Once the eye's 3,000 HP is depleted, it will close and the nose will be vulnerable and attack once again. When at 20K Hp, the nose will start raining blood instead of snot, dealing more damage and going through walls.
at 10K health, the nose will start shooting homing green missiles, or "snot rockets" at the player, in the place of the mucus balls.

Drops:

Snot Rocket
Nosebleed Staff
Nose Piercing (expert mode)
Influenza
Summon Booger

Nose peircing:
"I nose what your'e thinking"
The nose Peircing allows weapons without peircing to peirce 5 times, as well as letting weapons with finite peircing to peirce two more times.
(Obtained from Nose of Cthulhu treasure Bag)

Nosebleed staff:
50 summon damage
No KB
This weapon is like a mobile version of the Nimbus Rod. It will summon a mini NOC which hovers over enemies and drips blood on them rapidly. This blood peirces infinitly

Snot Rocket:

38 Ranged damage
8 Use time
no Knockback
4% crit. Chance

My personal favorite, since it covers aspects most rocket launchers simply don't have. Fires 3 green rockets with no spread, like the Tsunami. These rockets have green trails instead of orange, and are affected by gravity and bounce twice. Did I mention the minishark fire rate? Unfortunately, it suffers from low damage and no knockback, however the rockets don't hurt you.

More drops soon!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 8,195
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 6,434
Last edited:
(The images need to be fixed) Interesting Idea. Kinda to gross to take seriously but great!

...Why would we report you... You said nothing to report.... Saying that makes me feel like the mods told you not to make this or something (Not accusing, just saying)
Anyways, does Cthulhu have a nose? 5% is to common imo, I would instead make it a drop from plantera, and buff the boss a little. How much damage does the bloody nose attack thing deal? The eye thing doesn't make sense, as this is the nose, and how much damage would the lasers deal? This really has 5-6 minor phases that you said were 2 major phases. What are the stats for the drops? When the nose was invincible could it still damage you? I would not make it invincible when you give it to much damage, because that would kinda make it impossible to fight even with the best gear in the game, you would practically HAVE to have low tier gear to stop it from keep on going invincible right after you defeat the eye again. How is Duke Fishron a joke? He provides useful items and I think NO boss should be a joke boss, and every one currently has a use.

...Why would we report you... You said nothing to report.... Saying that makes me feel like the mods told you not to make this or something (Not accusing, just saying)
Anyways, does Cthulhu have a nose? 5% is to common imo, I would instead make it a drop from plantera, and buff the boss a little. How much damage does the bloody nose attack thing deal? The eye thing doesn't make sense, as this is the nose, and how much damage would the lasers deal? This really has 5-6 minor phases that you said were 2 major phases. What are the stats for the drops? When the nose was invincible could it still damage you? I would not make it invincible when you give it to much damage, because that would kinda make it impossible to fight even with the best gear in the game, you would practically HAVE to have low tier gear to stop it from keep on going invincible right after you defeat the eye again. How is Duke Fishron a joke? He provides useful items and I think NO boss should be a joke boss, and every one currently has a use.
Duke Fishron was an april fools joke, and was added to the game anyway. Remember that this is a WORK IN PROGRESS so you can't complain about the weapons when I SPECIFICALLY STATED in the OP that they are coming soon. I'm not the best at balance, so I usually leave most of the stats vague for the developers to interpret.
[DOUBLEPOST=1438961439,1438961257][/DOUBLEPOST]
Because... The name sounds like a joke suggestion, so I'm trying to keep them from reporting without reading it first
[DOUBLEPOST=1438961511][/DOUBLEPOST]
(The images need to be fixed) Interesting Idea. Kinda to gross to take seriously but great!
These sprites, aren't mine, so that's the spriter's problem... Can't do much, although I can see them fine.

they are just a box that says IMG in them it's not the spriter You have to download them and insert as a file

Duke Fishron was an april fools joke, and was added to the game anyway. Remember that this is a WORK IN PROGRESS so you can't complain about the weapons when I SPECIFICALLY STATED in the OP that they are coming soon. I'm not the best at balance, so I usually leave most of the stats vague for the developers to interpret.
WORK IN PROGRESS! Will add drops later!
Drops:

Snot Rocket
Nosebleed Staff
Nose Piercing
Influenza
Summon Booger
You said you will add the drops later, not the stats. Also, April Fools jokes aren't always "Jokes" in the end. And joke suggestions can only really be reported validly (Imo) if you read it. Anyways, I don't want to argue, so I'll just spectate this now.

You said you will add the drops later, not the stats. Also, April Fools jokes aren't always "Jokes" in the end. And joke suggestions can only really be reported validly (Imo) if you read it. Anyways, I don't want to argue, so I'll just spectate this now.
I understand that you want stats, but as I said above, I don't like adding stats because nobody cares about them, really, and I can't balance things.

HECK NO. WE NEED THE KNEECAPS OF CTHULHU BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE, EVERYONE NOSE THAT.

Tbh this is the best Cthulhu body part suggestion in a while, most of them are random gibberish. And the fact that Cthulhu is spelled correctly here is notable.

I don't necessarily support this though, but there isn't really anything wrong with it so I guess I wouldn't mind seeing this in game down the line.

I'm more of an activist for Cthulhu's tentacles but I'd like to see this. Maybe he could have a sneezing attack where it would be spread out kind of like a flamethrower-esk pattern, I haven't given it much thought but it could fit in. I would also be up to see all of Cthulhu's body parts meshed together in a blobby mess for the final boss, but I guess morn lord is cool too. Anyway, I see this going somewhere best of luck :dryadwink:

At least you spelled Cthulhu right

Umm... I don't really know how to respond to this, but, ok I guess? But Kneecaps of Cthulhu or riot.
I kinda support, but this idea is hard to take seriously.

By this logic everything shown in 1.3's april fools video was a joke.
i'm not joking. I want this in the game. The Nose of Cthulhu will be a joke boss,
"THIS IS NOT A JOKE, IT IS ONLY A JOKE".

Back
Top Bottom