Official The Oasis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red actually makes a post and we get a new biome. Will wonders never cease?
Wait... how does this biome actually work? I'm not seeing a new block to carry the biome. Is it sand in the presence of water that creates the biome?

Wait... how does this biome actually work? I'm not seeing a new block to carry the biome. Is it sand in the presence of water that creates the biome?

You are correct! If there is enough water within a certain distance, oasis plants will grow instead of cacti. The cattails will grow anywhere on sand if the water depth is right. Dragonflies will spawn anywhere near cattails.

You are correct! If there is enough water within a certain distance, oasis plants will grow instead of cacti. The cattails will grow anywhere on sand if the water depth is right. Dragonflies will spawn anywhere near cattails.
Impressive!

I always love when you guys try out and implement new mechanics.

That is so good to hear for pre-existing builds and new environment works!

Something I noticed and have been wondering, does this mean brown desert water is a thing of the past? Since now the water is just gonna be an oasis if there's enough of it

That's really interesting to hear all these new more advanced biome mechanics ! Can we expect all kinds of minibiomes ?

Oh, I guess putting it underwater is a nice compromise. I like it though because the desert is a biome that could use more love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom