IC The Observers

Animus Viral

Torch God
OCC Thread: OOC - The Observers
@AlphaEspeon @Halt @Droid15.24.3 @Orifan1
All of the characters are travelling in a train that is headed towards Wilkin City. A person approaches you all and says the following:

"Hello there! My name's Radomus. I'm just here to check in to see if you enjoy this train ride. I'm the manager of the Wilkin City renovation. You might be looking to sign up for it, right? It would be great if so! We're finally just getting things off the ground again. Of course, you could just be here to live or just find work, so... Truth is, after the incident a few years ago, the whole region there was almost completely abandoned... Don't let that worry you though! I'm coming back from some business out of town, so I figured I might as well introduce myself early and get a head start on everyone's registration into the city. Could I know your names, please?"

Halt, who somewhat was blending in the group right now, was kind of... well, thinking something. Of course finding some abandoned nes- city, erm. I get those two mixed often, along with nest and home. Back, though, maybe I shouldn't be so hasty with introducing? Or maybe I should be first? His thought stopped, as he was asked the name. - Um, yeh, I could use an introduction. Namesss, Halt. Yeah, don't mistake me for... eh, some of the wilds. Besides, what I was supposed to say here? - He tilted his head in confusion, while also... maybe not necessarily scratching his head, he sat while grasping the important informations.

ASSIGNMENT: QUEST
“The name’s Axl.”
Incident? What incident? Could it be related to the anomaly that brought me here in the first place? I have to know, but what if the incident is common knowledge among the people here? ...it’s a risk worth taking.
“You said something about an incident, right?”

ASSIGNMENT: QUEST
“The name’s Axl.”
Incident? What incident? Could it be related to the anomaly that brought me here in the first place? I have to know, but what if the incident is common knowledge among the people here? ...it’s a risk worth taking.
“You said something about an incident, right?”
"Yes, there was a meteor that landed here about 80 or 90 years ago, and it was filled with radioactive materials. Took a while to remove. While everyone was relocated, some Cults and gangs gathered there, and we've been clearing them ever since. Some of these people, however, are able to withstand radiation it seems. I don't know what it means, but I guess you should be careful."

“Withstanding radiation? ...good to know...”
Ok, so I guess there goes ever using kitguns. Or anything related to radiation damage.

Halt was kind of fuzzled up with the radiation-giving meteors. - As far as I know, the Meteors were punishment from some sort of a Serpent... or so myths have said. Of course in religious case. So... what are the side-effects of radiation? - He didn't exactly follow the radioactivity studies if even, maybe because of being a literal speaking Snivy, which the same couldn't be spoken of other kin (at least in others case).

“Radiation breaks down the DNA sequences of a living cell. And for some reason, every radiation based weapon that I’ve wielded has caused the enemy to fire on themselves.”
Would these people even know what a status proc is?

--Droid57.33.1 β--
"I am β 57.33.1, I have come here for work. Do the renovators of this city need any assistance?" After hearing the others speak of the meteor Xe spoke to the Snivy that was nearby. "I find it highly unlikely that this was the doing of a serpent. Though I suppose that would explain the cultists that gathered here, they would likely believe such nonsense."

((I’ve decided to switch to a brighter shade of red for Axl.))
“...forgive me for not knowing, but what serpent are you talking about?”
Could they possibly be referring to a sentient? It’s an absurd idea, but so is the idea of self aware robots that can rapidly adapt to any hazardous condition... all except on-
HEY KIDDO
I recoil away from the walls
D-damn man in the wall...

--Droid57.33.1 β--
"It is just cultic nonsense some fanatics made up, there is no serpent." The Droid did not understand the sudden interest in such a thing, it was illogical. After seeing Axl's sudden reaction, Xe scanned the walls to try and see what it was that startled them.

--Droid57.33.1 β--
"It is just cultic nonsense some fanatics made up, there is no serpent." The Droid did not understand the sudden interest in such a thing, it was illogical. After seeing Axl's sudden reaction, Xe scanned the walls to try and see what it was that startled them.
There’s nothing in the walls. Logically, unless your sensors were failing to notice some sort of deception, you can safely assume Axl is seeing things.

(...What the- Welp. Trains)
"Okay, I've got you all down. We're almost to Insurgence Station, so after we disembark, just follow me to the Grand Hall and I'll get you registered so you can freely roam the city.

Then if you'll-- Um. There's something wrong. Shouldn't we be decelerating already?"

Halt looked besides the Droid Typical, not thinking that there might be a divine explanation. - The green-golden one. Although, not much we know, much less understand... since we didn't see one for our own eyes or heard their name. Even though I- wait, decelerating? I'll look... - Yeah, the size difference meant the Snivy had literally to climb on a seat to see what's wrong. And even though, it saw nothing out of ordinary. - Okay? So we could miss our destination city by bizarre chance... and then we could have to walk on feet or slither to it. - Halt's being pessimistic, as business. Maybe the recent nightmare? - Anyway.... where I was into? - And he lost what he was supposed to say, by some chance.

“Shouldn’t this train have emergency brakes in all its sections?”
((Why do I hear sabotage?))

“Shouldn’t this train have emergency brakes in all its sections?”
((Why do I hear sabotage?))
(Because, it is.)
"Uh oh, MOVE!"

*"Everything happened in a blur" moments. Train crash. None of your characters died, but as for the other passengers... You're out on the tracks, right before the station, which is now completely blown up.*

"...ey! ...ey! Are you okay? Wake up! ... Oh, you're alive! Thank goodness. The train crashed right into the station. I'm glad I could get you guys out thanks to the fact we were in the Caboose. But for the other passengers... Well... Better not dwell too much on that. The timing is too... It must have been deliberate. Come on. I'll get you to the Grand Hall, as I have to both find out what is happening and to register you."

“This reeks of foul play...”
If the enemy is organized enough to do THAT, then... my usual strategy of guns blazing may not be enough...
I get up, and follow Radomus to the grand hall

- Ugh, why must it now? - Halt was purely shocked in the disappointment by the crash of a train. Still, he was a bit suspicious that the train had crashed, nevertheless he followed the Randomus.

Back
Top Bottom