tModLoader The Ocram 'n Stuff Mod

I suck at making sprites, so go ahead if you really have the time <3 I'll be sure to credit you! ^^
Here you go !

Attachments

• Treasure_Bag_Ocram.png
    Treasure_Bag_Ocram.png
    649 bytes · Views: 347
Yes! a mod ive been waiting for! also, can you or, have somebody resprite the soul of blight? oh yeah, can you add mobile stuff too such as turkor?

Oh yeah I need to tell you some tips for this mod. 1. make the minions spawned by ocram have a max of 30. 2 lessen 1/3 of the minions health than double the health for expert mode. this will be very useful because I play the calamity mod plus some other mods. hope these tips help for you and other people!

Heres some information to help with your balancing:

ocram's first form damage:
65 (melee),

ocram's 2nd form damage:
65 (melee)
180 (Demon Scythe)
140 (Laser)

It's defence is 20 (both forms)

It's health is 35000, and it changes form at 17500.

Servant of cthulhu's stats:

damage: 20

max life: 450

defence: 5
[doublepost=1535252450,1535252122][/doublepost]
Are you considering adding in all of the console Enemies? if so that would be really cool!
If you do that, please make it on a seperate mod, or add an option to disable it in config, because the console exclusive enemies were the bane of my life (they are a tad overpowered)

Heres some information to help with your balancing:

ocram's first form damage:
65 (melee),

ocram's 2nd form damage:
65 (melee)
180 (Demon Scythe)
140 (Laser)

It's defence is 20 (both forms)

It's health is 35000, and it changes form at 17500.

Servant of cthulhu's stats:

damage: 20

max life: 450

defence: 5
[doublepost=1535252450,1535252122][/doublepost]
If you do that, please make it on a seperate mod, or add an option to disable it in config, because the console exclusive enemies were the bane of my life (they are a tad overpowered)
Aren't those the numbers from the Terraria wiki? Those CANNOT be right. Right now I have his laser's base damage at 55, and he is still capable of dealing over 80 damage through 71 defense. If I were to put the base damage all the way up to 140, he would be capable of dealing almost 200 damage through 71 defense (I actually tried this out.), and Ocram NEVER dealt that much damage on the console version.

And about those console exclusive enemies, I'll make them on a separate mod if I do add them. I don't think they really fit into the game.

Last edited:
Just to let you know the Sparkly wings had a new sprite
Sparkly_Wings.png
Sparkly_Wings_%28equipped%29.png

Quick Suggestion: Expert item being the laser attack in his second phase as a magic weapon

It could be something like "Ocram's Eyezor" and the item could look like the giant eye in the center of Ocram's brain in his second phase. 50 mana cost but fires a barrage of deadly lazers at the cursor.
I made a sprite for the Item if you want to use it.

Attachments

• Ocram's Eyezor.png
    Ocram's Eyezor.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 233
It could be something like "Ocram's Eyezor" and the item could look like the giant eye in the center of Ocram's brain in his second phase. 50 mana cost but fires a barrage of deadly lazers at the cursor.
Also sprite is 20 width by 28 height.

Also sprite is 20 width by 28 height.
That would be awesome, but I think it should just be called 'Ocram's Eye', not 'Ocram's Eyezor'.
[doublepost=1535351290,1535350938][/doublepost]
3sGyomJ.png

So, I heard that the restriction about porting console stuff to PC was lifted, so I decided to port Ocram and *most* stuff releated to him to PC. This mod adds:

- Ocram and his servants: AI built from scratch to simulate the original Ocram AI!
- Ocram Trophy!
- Boss Checklist support!
- Souls of blight!
- All of the armor types! (Spectral, Titan and Dragon!)
- Tonbogiri!
- Vulcan Repeater along with it's special ammunition!
- Tizona! (The bleeding effect doesn't seem to affect NPC's at all)
- Sparkly Wings!
- Sharanga!
- Spectral Arrows!

More stuff coming later!
I'm still trying to balance Ocram (because the wiki doesn't really show the actual damage numbers for his attacks..), so please comment below if you feel like something is wrong.

Download from the mod browser. (Direct Link)

CREDITS: Thanks for @Logodum for creating the sprite for the Ocram Treasure bag!
The restriction to porting mobile content has also been lifted, so you should add a mod that adds mobile bosses/content, too!

Yeah this can't be completely source accurate, you gotta remember there was no expert mode where Ocram is from.
This means things like debuffs and damage will not be completely balanced for the time.
But this also means you can take a few liberties with this port, like an expert drop and some AI upgrades.

When your done with Ocram it'd be pretty cool to see Lepis and Turkor get a PC port!

Just to let you know the Sparkly wings had a new sprite
Sparkly_Wings.png
Sparkly_Wings_%28equipped%29.png

Quick Suggestion: Expert item being the laser attack in his second phase as a magic weapon

I know that the wings have a new sprite, but where would one find the source files for that one? (Animations)
I have not really thought about the expert item yet, but that sounds like an interesting item tbh!

It COULD be hard to balance, because of the sheer amount of projectiles. Then again I really like the idea so I might experiment with this :p.

That would be awesome, but I think it should just be called 'Ocram's Eye', not 'Ocram's Eyezor'.
[doublepost=1535351290,1535350938][/doublepost]
The restriction to porting mobile content has also been lifted, so you should add a mod that adds mobile bosses/content, too!

If I ever will port the mobile content, that'll be a different mod. I never really liked that stuff (they didn't fit in to the game at all), but I'll have to see.

Yeah this can't be completely source accurate, you gotta remember there was no expert mode where Ocram is from.
This means things like debuffs and damage will not be completely balanced for the time.
But this also means you can take a few liberties with this port, like an expert drop and some AI upgrades.

When your done with Ocram it'd be pretty cool to see Lepis and Turkor get a PC port!

For the expert mode, I feel like the servants should apply the "bleeding" debuff to the player to prevent the player from just tanking them to avoid Ocram's damage.
As for Lepus and Turkor, if I ever feel like porting them over, that'll be a different mod. I never felt like they fit into the game.

Cool btw I'm not the best a sprite art (still trying to get use to terraria's style) but I wanted to throw a design for the weapon out use it if you want. :happy:

i personally feel that, instead of just making the old (and pretty unbalanced) ocram be ported to pc, he should be rebalanced to fit his placement in the game (as either the current post-mech, pre-plantera boss, or as another optional end-game boss). 1 thing i hate about him is that his purple laser barrage attack does WAY too much damage, and lasts for a bit too long. his melee weapons, tizona and tonbogiri, are both completely unviable at the point of the game they are acquired. speaking of weapons, there isnt any weapon for the mage and summoner class. if you need any ideas for anything like the weapons, me and a friend have some. also, if you need some basic sprites such as an ocram map sprite, i could take a shot at it.

i personally feel that, instead of just making the old (and pretty unbalanced) ocram be ported to pc, he should be rebalanced to fit his placement in the game (as either the current post-mech, pre-plantera boss, or as another optional end-game boss). 1 thing i hate about him is that his purple laser barrage attack does WAY too much damage, and lasts for a bit too long. his melee weapons, tizona and tonbogiri, are both completely unviable at the point of the game they are acquired. speaking of weapons, there isnt any weapon for the mage and summoner class. if you need any ideas for anything like the weapons, me and a friend have some. also, if you need some basic sprites such as an ocram map sprite, i could take a shot at it.
Very true. I think the spectral armor should be buffed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom