The Old Moon Lord?

Yvori

Terrarian
So, I know it's been ages since 1.3 released on PC, but something was recently brought back to my attention after a long time, and it rekindled my interest.
I've heard from a number of sources around the net that the Moon Lord originally had more phases and attacks during pre-release of 1.3, but they were removed before release because the boss was supposedly too hard according to testers, or something. So, this made me wonder, what was the fight originally like? How was it originally intended? Is there any substance to these claims that it used to be different? I figured, well, if there's any place where one of those testers would be, it would probably be here.

So, well, while I can't really prove if anyone did or did not beta test 1.3, if someone did (or was involved in development), I would love to hear what you remember about the original, full Moon Lord fight before it was reworked pre-release (or if the claims it was are even true). Admittedly it is mostly idle curiosity, but I can't help but be curious what more there could have been.

I was a tester for 1.3 throughout the versions when Moon Lord was being implemented, and there weren't any significant differences in phases of the battle or special attacks that were cut or anything like that.

Unfortunately, whoever has been spreading these rumors around is in error. The beta version of Moon Lord is fairly equivalent to the release version of Moon Lord.

In fact, Moon Lord is even harder than he was since the first 1.3 version. Now that he inflicts the Moon Bite debuff to stop your lifestealing cheese tactics and now that he teleports to you if you are too far away, the battle is actually a bit tougher than it was before.

Of course, it is still possible, these two perks don't usually affect the outcome of the battle unless you are deliberately trying to lifesteal or trying to run away from your impending doom. Other than that, no, the battle hasn't really changed like Leinfors said.

I was a tester for 1.3 throughout the versions when Moon Lord was being implemented, and there weren't any significant differences in phases of the battle or special attacks that were cut or anything like that.

Unfortunately, whoever has been spreading these rumors around is in error. The beta version of Moon Lord is fairly equivalent to the release version of Moon Lord.
Oh, huh. In a way, that's a bit of a shame to hear, but also a relief. On one hand, it's always fun to speculate about content that didn't get finished or was removed before release, but on the other hand, this way nobody has to be disappointed that something was cut.

Thank you for the response! Curiosity sated.

Back
Top Bottom