tModLoader The Open Source Mod

Make an yo-yo called Sunfire, which is made with Solar Fragments. It should have an little bit better damage than Eye of Cthulhu, but lesser damage than the Terrarian. It should let fall this wierd fire sparkle thing, which doesn't damage yourself. I can't code myself tho, but at least i gave an idea.
Nice idea for an mod through!

Hello. I might be new but here me out.
I would like to propose an idea for the mod. I can't mod worth a darn so I'm looking for someone to work on a little something for me.

I call it the Might of Machines mod.:cool:

it adds tech that can do many things like collect resources, scan for enemies, and even protect your NPC's!

The tech is split into three types. Drones, Robots, and Turrets.

Drones can fly and do things like scan for stuff, help you as a minion but not take up a summon slot, or shoot down enemies on their own.

Robots stay on the ground (Depending on their type) and can cut trees, mine for ores, transfer stuff from chest to chest, collect dropped enemy loot, defend Npc's and build structures with blueprints you design.

Turrents stay in one place and, depending on their type, fire differently at enemies to protect your base.

I will give a full description on what this Mod in Development has to offer on my site.

I'm not asking for full credit, just to be named for having the idea.

That is all.

Hello. I might be new but here me out.
I would like to propose an idea for the mod. I can't mod worth a darn so I'm looking for someone to work on a little something for me.

I call it the Might of Machines mod.:cool:

it adds tech that can do many things like collect resources, scan for enemies, and even protect your NPC's!

The tech is split into three types. Drones, Robots, and Turrets.

Drones can fly and do things like scan for stuff, help you as a minion but not take up a summon slot, or shoot down enemies on their own.

Robots stay on the ground (Depending on their type) and can cut trees, mine for ores, transfer stuff from chest to chest, collect dropped enemy loot, defend Npc's and build structures with blueprints you design.

Turrents stay in one place and, depending on their type, fire differently at enemies to protect your base.

I will give a full description on what this Mod in Development has to offer on my site.

I'm not asking for full credit, just to be named for having the idea.

That is all.
dude that would require making a fully working ai drone ai .... probably even a frame work

Think of it as a full pay-off challange
[doublepost=1484660578,1484660532][/doublepost]If this mod gets made, it will all be worth it
trust me.

Since I can't put spoilers on my profile, I will put the list here

My Mod Ideas focuses on making Terraria life easier by adding Technology to do repetitive work for you.
The Ideas, if made reality, will add lots of things to your terraria world to help with boring tasks for higher level players.

The main items in the mod are Drones, Robots, and Turrets.

I will now include a list for all of the tech varients.
All technology will be able to use modded Weapons and ammo types
any weapons given to the tech with special effects will have those special effects carry over to the technology wielding it
Drones = About 2X3 in size = Will have different AI types depending on what AI chip is given to it
  • Scanner = Scans for assigned resources or entitys and alerts the repective mod tech to the area where the scanner drone found them
  • Hunter = Basic Defence Drone = Uses all bow and arrow types as well as pre-hardmode guns and bullets
  • Shotgun = A more advanced Drone = Uses guns that fire several bullets at once
  • Rocket = Uses rocket firing weapons and rockets as ammo
  • Laser = Uses Laser firing weapons and has mana for ammo
  • Vortex = Uses Pillar class weapons and accepts all bullet types
  • Defender = Sticks around Npc's and protects them against the Baddies
  • Collecter = Collects fallen items and coins
  • Magic = Uses magic weapons (Not including Summon types) and has mana for ammo

Turrets = Require base to function = The gun in use will slowly spin 360 degrees unless it spots a target and will follow that instead
  • Crossbow = The most basic type of Turret = Uses all arrow firing weapons and arrows
  • Revolver = Uses bullets and pre-hardmode bullet firing weapons = Only uses weapons with slow to fast firing rates
  • Shotgun = Uses guns that fire multiple bullets at once
  • Gatling = Uses hardmode guns that fire very fast to insanely fast
  • Laser = Uses weapons that fire lasers and has mana for ammo
  • Flame = Uses flame shooting weapons and consumes Gel
  • Dart = Uses dart firing weapons
  • Spike ball = Uses Spikey Ball traps as weapons = Uses Spikey balls as ammo
  • Artillery = Launches Shells and grenades at enemies for a large area of damage = will not distroy tiles no matter what = Rockets/Grenades as ammo
  • Sniper = Uses Hardmode guns with firing rates from Snails pace to Very slow
  • Flak = Specializes in Anti-air Capabilities (can still fire at ground targets but will immediatly shoot at airborne targets first) = Fires Heat-seaking Rockets at foes
  • Rocket = Uses Rocket firing weapons and consumes Rockets
  • Launcher = Uses any weapons with special Ammo types
  • Forcefield = Emits a force field that will block hostile enemies and projectiles from entering = If Npc's dont have a house, they will go to nearby Force field turrets instead = Consumes Wire
  • Collecter = Collects nearby dropped items and coins and deposites them in nearby chests = Consumes Wire
  • Healer = Heals Damaged Players and Npc's = Beam stength depends on what Potion is given = Consumes Health Potions :nursetongue:
  • Summon = Summons Minions Depending on what summon weapon is given to it = Uses mana = five minions max
  • Lightning Rod = Makes lightning strike foes from the sky and paralizes them = Consumes Iron Ore
  • Tesla = Zaps enemies with balls of electricity = looks similar to Martian Tesla Turret = Consumes wire
  • Freezer = Freezes enemies or slows them down = Consumes Frozen slime blocks
  • Magic = Uses magic weapons = consumes Mana
Robots = looks like white colored Cyborgs = Can use spare wings to fly infinitely

• Locater = Explores the Map and filles it out = Alerts other tech of resources it finds
  • Helper = Basic robot = Follows you around and completes tasks set by user
  • Defender = Defends Npcs from harm
  • Collector = Collects Nearby Items and deposits them in nearby chests
  • Lunberjack = Chops trees = requires axe
  • Miner = mines Prehardmode ores = requires pickaxe
  • Driller = Mines hardmode ores = Requires Pickaxe
  • Builder = Builds structures when given an area and Building Schematics
  • Fighter = Uses what ever weapons given to it to take down enemies
  • Chest transferer = Moves items across chests
  • Planter = Plants assigned seeds in pots
  • Harvestor = Looks for plants and collects seeds and other plants as well as strange plants
  • Sentry = Stand guard in a selected area
Upgrades = Improves at most 2 stats to Mod tech

• Damage
  • Fire rate
  • Critical Strike Chance
  • infinite ammo
  • storage space
  • potion effect
  • movement speed
  • speed
  • drill power
  • axe power
  • pickaxe power
  • ore sensor
NPC's = Sells most of the items in the mod

• Defence engineer = Wears the Engineer clothing and resembles the Engineer from TF2 in quotes = Sells Turrets = requires Martians to be defeated
  • Drone engineer = Looks like Arms dealer but with blonde hair and a blue cape = Sells Drones and Drone AI chips = Requeires Mechanical bosses to be defeated
  • Technologist = Looks like a male Steam punker`:passionate: = Sells Robots = requires the golem to be defeated

Items = These range to Crafting stations to items needed to customize the Mod tech

• Tech Assembly Station = Most essential crafting station for mod tech = Sold by mechanic
  • Frequency tuner = Tunes tech frequency for Laptop = Sold by Steam punker
  • Laptop = Crafted with 5 iron bars, 3 wire, 2 wire bulbs, and one switch = Used for wireless upgrading, wireless activition, and wireless reloading, has its own GUI
  • Papermill = sold by steampunker = Makes paper out of cobwebs
  • Building schematic = 10 paper, 1 blue dye = Given to builder robots to build structures
  • Schematic Stamper = Sold by Technologist = gives schematics their intructions for building structures = Has its own GUI
  • Turret base = 10 iron bars, 5 wire = base for turret placement = add 20 gel for placement on walls and ceilings
  • Drone Perimeter marker = 2 silver bars, 5 iron bars, 3 wire, 1 wire bulb = Marks drones with certin AI to patrol an area marked with the perimeter markers
  • Drone AI chip = Sold by Drone engineer = depending on what chip it is, will make the drone patrol the whole map surface, stay in the perimeters, follow you or follow scanner drones
  • Grand Power Station = 10 adamantite, 15 cobalt, 20 iron, 50 wire, 3 switches, 4 levers, 10 wirebulbs, 1 Powercell = needed for mod tech to opperate.
  • Portible config remote = 2 iron bars, 3 wire, 1 wire bulb = Opens Tech Config GUI
I hope this list will help you make the mod imkSushi
[doublepost=1484766960,1484766931][/doublepost]Or anyone else that will make this mod project

ALL of those types of bots need separate AI, and I don't think ANYONE wants to code that many AIs. Great idea though!

Last edited:
If this mod gets made, higher level players will have a breeze getting resources without having to lift a pick

ok here's the problem with your mod, you don't know how to program, I can give you the code to make the cookie thing rain down from the sky if you want

ok here's the problem with your mod, you don't know how to program, I can give you the code to make the cookie thing rain down from the sky if you want
imkSushi most certainly knows how to program mods. Stop necro-ing threads and asking for source code.

Back
Top Bottom