tModLoader The Ophioid Mod

Kranot

Terrarian
header_by_terribilisscriptor-dcn90xc.png

what_is_the_ophiopede_by_terribilisscriptor-dcnhelb.png

The Ophioid Mod is a mod that adds a unique standalone boss with a nonstandard AI
that is designed to streamline soulfarming after beating the mechtrio and beeing more challanging and entertaining then the regular wormbosses that just ram you.

His fight has 2 phases right after beating the mechtrio
and later gains an additional 2 phases after beating the golem.
This boss is designed to mainly reduce
the grind you have to do for souls and prettymuch fule himself
(aka you will gain enough souls to resummon him over and over after every kill).

Ophioid-WIKI: IDGCaptainRussia94/Ophioid-Mod
this wiki can be used to obtain more detailed info on this boss

unknown.png

unknown.png

download_by_terribilisscriptor-dcmztkq.png

This mod needs a codelibrary to function

so please also get that library here:

http://javid.ddns.net/tModLoader/download.php?Down=mods/Idglibrary.tmod

Downloadlink:

http://javid.ddns.net/tModLoader/download.php?Down=mods/Ophioid.tmod

summoning_by_terribilisscriptor-dcmztlx.png

The Ophiopede can be initially spawned with the following items
based on wich evil biome you started with.

corruption_by_terribilisscriptor-dcnhfa9.png

crimson_by_terribilisscriptor-dcnhfai.png

Later (in a future update), this following recipe will enable you to summon
the 4 stage version of this boss wich is more dangerous but drops more souls,
souls of flight and more unique loot.

progress_by_terribilisscriptor-dcn9dlv.png

drops_by_terribilisscriptor-dcmztkl.png

The Ophiopede will (depending on what version you fight) drop the following items.

drops_graphic_by_terribilisscriptor-dcnhf7h.png

attacks_by_terribilisscriptor-dcmztlb.png

resistant against:

venom, poison, slow, oozed

phase_i_by_terribilisscriptor-dcmztno.png

In phase 1 The Boss will use the following attacks:

-Sludgefield: spawns an area that slows you
by digging closely below the ground after emetting an audible trigger to alarm the player.

-Towering: sticks his head out of the ground like a tower to
spew indestructible projectiles in a fountain and
create a bullethell of destructible projectiles from the sky.

-arcshower: he will jump over the player in an arc and
shower them in projectiles

phase_ii_by_terribilisscriptor-dcmztng.png

In phase 2 The Boss will use the following attacks and all previous attacks:

-The seeing: his eyes will dislodge and be tethered to his head.
these eyes can be killed and inflect the darkness debuff on contact.

-Defecate slime: he will dolphinjump over a player and
eject toxic sludge enemys from his tailsegment.

phase_iii_by_terribilisscriptor-dcn9dui.png

In phase 3 Boss will use the following attacks:

-Spawn slime: the cocoon will spawn continuously spawn toxic sludges

-Spawn flys: the cocoon will spawn baby ophioflys (that inflict weakness) that attack players and
carry it slowly offscreen to leave the map and will drop the cocoon when killed.

-Infested Healing: the cocoon will continuously heal his health back up
untill it falls and is shattered

phase_iiii_by_terribilisscriptor-dcn9dub.png

In phase 4 Boss will use the following attacks:

-crush: The Ophiofly will try to crush the player with its abdomen. (this attack reduces his armour for 5 seconds)

-fettidbeam: The Ophiofly will fly past players and use a beam of vomit to do almost no damage but inflict ichor and darkness.

-spores: will hover over player and summon destructible projectiles from the sky

-Sludgefield: spawns an area that slows you by spewing his beam of vomit for a very short time after emetting an audible trigger to alarm the player.

-wind: flaps wings to knock away all players by inflicting teh mighty wind debuff

-summon: summons baby ophioflys that inflict weakness

-charge: charges across the screen and inflicts ferall bite

reviews_by_terribilisscriptor-dcmztn2.png

vvv OUTDATED VIDEO! vvv

devs_by_terribilisscriptor-dcmztl5.png

The codeing was done by IDGCaptainRussia.
The art and modpage was done by Me.
The sound was done by Badassbunnyz.

Special thanks to 4chans /tg/ for making suggestions and inspiering the 3rd and 4th phase of this fight.

SUPERSPECIALTHANKS to everyone who downloaded this mod!

animated_wings_by_terribilisscriptor-dcn9vma.gif

rsz_1signature_by_terribilisscriptor-dcnhi0b.png

Last edited:
Hmmm, looks very very good 10/10

if u can or want, will u add special weapons that he drops ? also will future mobs look like the tribe of bronze from the anime called: heroic age

ty fr reading, if u did <3

thanks. but no we will not add weapons because we dont want to be a big contentmod like thorium that influences gamebalance that heavily. we just want to provide a better farming experience for souls and add some nice vanity stuff. we are also not planning anny additional anemies for this mod

"Unique" Boss? Bull:red:.
Hi @[redacted], welcome to the forums. As you’re new here you may not be aware of our expectations from members. If you’d like to give criticism to something in a mod or to a suggestion, it’s required that it be presented politely and constructively which your reply does not include. If you decide to post in the future please keep this in mind.

If you have questions or want to discuss this, please send me a private message HERE.

Hey, here's an odd suggestion, but have you considered a post-Moonlord variant?
One that drops all the fragments instead of souls, and maybe luminite too?
Since the Moon Lord and Pillar Events is probably the single most tedious thing to grind over and over in the game.
Maybe even have it drop an item that can instantly summon the Moon Lord without going through the whole event, for easier ML farming.

Hey, here's an odd suggestion, but have you considered a post-Moonlord variant?
One that drops all the fragments instead of souls, and maybe luminite too?
Since the Moon Lord and Pillar Events is probably the single most tedious thing to grind over and over in the game.
Maybe even have it drop an item that can instantly summon the Moon Lord without going through the whole event, for easier ML farming.
Personally I wouldn't be against that. (Maybe move the post golem version up to that? I think I'd like that better than currently) But I'm not sure what to do about this mod since Kranot has gone Discord-only and I can't edit the front page. (And I'm *really* not a fan of how bloated the page is with super high rest images with no spoilers to cut them down)

PS: added a discord link above; I don't feel this is worth double posting

Last edited:
Personally I wouldn't be against that. (Maybe move the post golem version up to that? I think I'd like that better than currently) But I'm not sure what to do about this mod since Kranot has gone Discord-only and I can't edit the front page. (And I'm *really* not a fan of how bloated the page is with super high rest images with no spoilers to cut them down)

PS: added a discord link above; I don't feel this is worth double posting
Discord-only, augh. Please ask him to reconsider that...

But yeah I was going to say the post-golem version makes more sense later on as a fragment farm, as by that point you don't really need souls, and if you do, farming the mech bosses and in hallow/infection-of-choice is easy as cake. Also souls of flight should be added to the normal version, as you'll almost certainly have wings by the time you can summon it, and farming Wyverns isn't exactly difficult post mech-bosses, just time consuming.

Discord-only, augh. Please ask him to reconsider that...

But yeah I was going to say the post-golem version makes more sense later on as a fragment farm, as by that point you don't really need souls, and if you do, farming the mech bosses and in hallow/infection-of-choice is easy as cake. Also souls of flight should be added to the normal version, as you'll almost certainly have wings by the time you can summon it, and farming Wyverns isn't exactly difficult post mech-bosses, just time consuming.
I mean he abandoned the forums, look at his last login date.
I feel like mentioning a discord around you was a bad idea, but. the discord link I mentioned leads to a discord where I manage my mod projects with my spriters (mostly SGAmod), so I felt it was relevant here since I'm putting off SGAmod for a bit to finally finish this mod.
That's kinda it, the forums are still the first priority.

Not really a fan of his choice to make souls of flight drop from the 2nd fight. I think I'll move them to the 1st form (just, less thou), hell... Might even remake this thread since this info is already out of date.
But eh, he's done his part, and now I need to finish mine.
And one thing I'm gonna try to follow his ideas while keeping things balanced and listening to feedback. (I mean, legit feedback, this guy took feedback from 4chan if you can believe that!)

(I mean, legit feedback, this guy took feedback from 4chan if you can believe that!)
I meeeaaan. There have been some legitimate, intelligent users on 4chan who actually care about providing quality input.
...But still not the first place, nor even the twenty-seventh place, that I would go for feedback on anything.

I meeeaaan. There have been some legitimate, intelligent users on 4chan who actually care about providing quality input.
...But still not the first place, nor even the twenty-seventh place, that I would go for feedback on anything.
I just wouldn't...

I don't understand his logic either for leaving the forums, this is what he told me:

Code:
⁽ᴵᴰᴳ⁾CaptainRussia94Last Friday at 4:48 PM

3 months... Did you forget the forums exist?

KranotLast Friday at 4:48 PM

uh hi

not really

i just havent had much of a reason to post there sice the launch of ammobox+

⁽ᴵᴰᴳ⁾CaptainRussia94Last Friday at 4:49 PM

so you went discord-only?

KranotLast Friday at 4:49 PM

btw hows the bossmod going?

yes
So the launch of another mod he does have a forum page for means he can just abandon the terraria forums? This makes even less sense since after this mod is done he's got another terraria mod planned.

Anyways, I'll do my part to keep you all here up to date, if he wants to know if the mod is done he should know where to check

I will admit it's my fault this mod wasn't already done, he's already done all the sprites, you even find them on the github. But he's threatening to replace me if I don't finish it

But here's the thing, where is he even gonna find another coder? It's not like he's known in the forums to begin with and choose to not be known.

I just wouldn't...

I don't understand his logic either for leaving the forums, this is what he told me:

Code:
⁽ᴵᴰᴳ⁾CaptainRussia94Last Friday at 4:48 PM

3 months... Did you forget the forums exist?

KranotLast Friday at 4:48 PM

uh hi

not really

i just havent had much of a reason to post there sice the launch of ammobox+

⁽ᴵᴰᴳ⁾CaptainRussia94Last Friday at 4:49 PM

so you went discord-only?

KranotLast Friday at 4:49 PM

btw hows the bossmod going?

yes
So the launch of another mod he does have a forum page for means he can just abandon the terraria forums? This makes even less sense since after this mod is done he's got another terraria mod planned.

Anyways, I'll do my part to keep you all here up to date, if he wants to know if the mod is done he should know where to check

I will admit it's my fault this mod wasn't already done, he's already done all the sprites, you even find them on the github. But he's threatening to replace me if I don't finish it

But here's the thing, where is he even gonna find another coder? It's not like he's known in the forums to begin with and choose to not be known.
Much less a coder who knows how to use your library mod >.> (Assuming this new mod is going to use it too, anyway)
But ah, that's... Weird. I can't say I understand any of that reasoning. But oh well.

Much less a coder who knows how to use your library mod >.> (Assuming this new mod is going to use it too, anyway)
But ah, that's... Weird. I can't say I understand any of that reasoning. But oh well.
Yeah I told him ripping out the Idglib code isn't going to be easy, alot of things will break if someone tries.
And no, he is going to find someone else for his next mod, I told me before I don't really have time for it and I told him the same thing now that I have SGAmod to keep up with.

He's currently working on a Darkest Dungeon mod, and he's really improved his sprites I'll give him that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom