Biomes & Nature The Orchard: A New Hardmode Biome

How is my Orchard?

• Total voters
Alright! More support! I would LOVE if you and Gamablaze made sprites, no matter how good they are.
I will probably add veggies, since I added carrots on accident, I wanted a Bugs Bunny reference!
[DOUBLEPOST=1420047784][/DOUBLEPOST]Whew, I need a small break! Be back at sometime soon. It is 11:43 AM at my area, so I will probably be back in a half an hour (12:13)

I CAN SPRITE TOO:mad:(tomato face) heres a really squishy tomato!
Squishy Tomato.png

Whatever, I'm back, thanks @Vikri ! I added your name to the spriting list, and if you look at the OP, it has your sprite. :D
Anything else gonna come up?

Last edited:
WHEW! *lipsmack x 2* That was tart, but good!
*I'll put it in now.*
EDIT: Please provide the link for the sprite when giving me one.

Thank you so much! I wanted a fruit biome at first, that wasn't meant to be an alternative for the Hallow, and it sucked, but now I LOVE how it's turned out! My hands hurt from typing every single letter on the OP! (In a good way)
EDIT: Also, Version 0.8 live! I added:
Sprite checklist viewable by anyone
EDIT 2: Thanks @Kelp for fixing the title and poll name :D

I thought about underground enemies, thought, okay.. nobody uses or eats crabapples, and they're always on the ground or in the dirt all dried up and hard, so I thought it'd fit the underground. I made a sprite too, hope you enjoy, I'm willing to make changes as needed.
crabapple.png

I really don't like this at all.

First of all, you only have about 25% of the content that an alternate-Hallow needs to have.

Second of all, the stuff you do have is highly unoriginal.

Thirdly, what kind of an ultimate world-consuming force is fruit? This takes the fruitcake for lamest Hallow alt that I've seen. I hate to sound like (and probably just straight up be) a :red:, but seriously, why would I want to have a massive fruit biome try and take over my world? Giant floating food items are non threatening and laughable, and having then possess HM stats is just plain ridiculous.

Now, to turn this around, I propose you think smaller. There are plenty of big grand alternate biome suggestions out there, but small and simple biomes like Glowing Mushroom caves and @Baconfry's Underground Dynasty. What about a simple pre-HM surface biome where fruit can grow? A massive HM biome suggestion for fruit is plain absurd, but on a smaller scale, I can actually see it being pulled off.

:/ I do not care that much. I'm finishing this good or not.
EDIT: Besides: Look at the version: 0.8! It's not finished yet.
EDIT 2: There is a good balance between Meat and Fruit. (Crimson and Orchard) it is meant to be a hallow-alt. for crimson.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom