Biomes & Nature The Orchard: A New Hardmode Biome

How is my Orchard?

• Total voters
If a living wood tree (the tallest ones) toppled on it's side, that x 2 would be the width of the biome.

Suggestion.
Mangosteen
A fruit (IRL) that restores 200 health and is dropped from the Mangosteen enemy (30% chance spawning, 100 DMG hit, 50 defense, 100 health, and 5% chance drop the fruit itself)
But hey, Mangosteens are rare.

Puns go well with food biomes, I think, as it makes them more interesting and not just giant floating sentient pieces of food. While the sprites are good as food, the enemies feel a bit dull.

Also, I think I'd go with this being a Hallow alt, as it's a land of rainbows just like it. Having both in the world would make them feel too similar, plus it only makes the world more crowded.

I've got a few more ideas:

Starfruit
Spawns at night in the Orchard, fires stars up into the sky, in which they'll stop and spin around, then aim in your current position.

Pomegranite
Spawns in the underground Orchard, will try to roll and drop down on you like a boulder. Unaffected by knockback. (It's a pun of Pomegranate and Granite.)

Baby and Mama Grizzly Pear
Spawns in the Orchard. Babies are passive and Mama only becomes aggressive when near her young, and goes berserk if you harm or kill her babies. (Wow, what started like a funny pun just ended messed up)

Passion Fruit
Spawns in the underground Orchard. Will try to latch onto you for deadly smooches.

Pumpkin Chunkin'
Spawns in the Orchard, maybe at Halloween time. It's a viney catapult that launches pumpkins at you.

Orange Cutie
Now a passive critter that spawns in the Orchard. It's a little cute orange that hops about, or rolls. Maybe you could have a way to get an Orange Cutie pet?

Blood Orange
Orange Cuties transform into Blood Oranges on the Blood Moon. They stop being cute and want to eat you!(btw, blood oranges happen to be a type of orange)

The Blender
Could be a few different weapons, just think a weapon named this would be funny.

Bananarang
Could be removed from Clowns and made as an alternate Light Disc, that is if you can give Clowns a replacement drop.

Apple Slicer
If No to the Bananarang switch, Apple Slicers could be the alternate of Light Discs, as they are disc shaped.
6a00d83454bd9a69e20133ed1bd692970b-320wi

Fruit Punch
Like the KO Cannon. Not actually a drink, but a weapon used for punching.

Poison Berries
Possibly a new bullet type, or a new ammo for Blowgun. If for Blowgun, strong enough ammo damage can essentially turn Blowgun into a hardmode weapon.

Soul of Delight
You have a Soul of Tart, but Delight matches the rhyming of the other souls.

Grape Vines
Vines of the Orchard could have little grapes attached to them. Or maybe this could be a new grappling hook or some kind of whip weapon.

Limewood Furniture (if you use Limestone)
Could be green, or white with green vine details growing over the pieces.

OK OK, I'll stop, this is your suggestion, not mine! Just thought I'd offer some ideas. The enemies above are not meant to be just giant floating fruit, but fruit-themed enemies that have punny/referential names.

I do like the name Orchard, but what would be the word used when something becomes of the Orchard? For example: Corruption is Corrupt, Hallow is Hallowed, Crimson is... well it doesn't have one. Not too important then, I guess.

Puns go well with food biomes, I think, as it makes them more interesting and not just giant floating sentient pieces of food. While the sprites are good as food, the enemies feel a bit dull.

Also, I think I'd go with this being a Hallow alt, as it's a land of rainbows just like it. Having both in the world would make them feel too similar, plus it only makes the world more crowded.

I've got a few more ideas:

Starfruit
Spawns at night in the Orchard, fires stars up into the sky, in which they'll stop and spin around, then aim in your current position.

Pomegranite
Spawns in the underground Orchard, will try to roll and drop down on you like a boulder. Unaffected by knockback. (It's a pun of Pomegranate and Granite.)

Baby and Mama Grizzly Pear
Spawns in the Orchard. Babies are passive and Mama only becomes aggressive when near her young, and goes berserk if you harm or kill her babies. (Wow, what started like a funny pun just ended messed up)

Passion Fruit
Spawns in the underground Orchard. Will try to latch onto you for deadly smooches.

Pumpkin Chunkin'
Spawns in the Orchard, maybe at Halloween time. It's a viney catapult that launches pumpkins at you.

Orange Cutie
Now a passive critter that spawns in the Orchard. It's a little cute orange that hops about, or rolls. Maybe you could have a way to get an Orange Cutie pet?

Blood Orange
Orange Cuties transform into Blood Oranges on the Blood Moon. They stop being cute and want to eat you!(btw, blood oranges happen to be a type of orange)

The Blender
Could be a few different weapons, just think a weapon named this would be funny.

Bananarang
Could be removed from Clowns and made as an alternate Light Disc, that is if you can give Clowns a replacement drop.

Apple Slicer
If No to the Bananarang switch, Apple Slicers could be the alternate of Light Discs, as they are disc shaped.
6a00d83454bd9a69e20133ed1bd692970b-320wi

Fruit Punch
Like the KO Cannon. Not actually a drink, but a weapon used for punching.

Poison Berries
Possibly a new bullet type, or a new ammo for Blowgun. If for Blowgun, strong enough ammo damage can essentially turn Blowgun into a hardmode weapon.

Soul of Delight
You have a Soul of Tart, but Delight matches the rhyming of the other souls.

Grape Vines
Vines of the Orchard could have little grapes attached to them. Or maybe this could be a new grappling hook or some kind of whip weapon.

Limewood Furniture (if you use Limestone)
Could be green, or white with green vine details growing over the pieces.

OK OK, I'll stop, this is your suggestion, not mine! Just thought I'd offer some ideas. The enemies above are not meant to be just giant floating fruit, but fruit-themed enemies that have punny/referential names.

I do like the name Orchard, but what would be the word used when something becomes of the Orchard? For example: Corruption is Corrupt, Hallow is Hallowed, Crimson is... well it doesn't have one. Not too important then, I guess.
Those puns are awesome! Should definetly be added! You should work for Relogic or something.

Back
Top Bottom