Apologies to Snow Theme users, since I have resorted to white text for this notice:
Hot news: Since I've mostly been detached from the forums in general, and Not
Really Making Avatars Anymore, my obvious decision was to close the requests now.
Sorry! I shall return one day, and keep making these things. Thanks for everyone's
support! This thread now remains as the showcase of my old works, for now.
I've enjoyed making these things so much, was really glad and proud to make people happy, and considered myself (modestly) good at it. Sadly, it became overwhelming quickly, and I had to leave it even with a few requests still up because I couldn't handle so much, and got tired of it. I never came back to it and left it frozen for months.
Now, with the Terraria Community Forums, I am back and glad to give you people all of my work again!
I was the first to ever make Terraria gifs for common use. With time, I inspired a few people to do their own works: avatars, signatures, banners or sprites, some of which even live up to this day. It makes me so glad that I could influence other people!
After that long, useless introduction, let's finally get to it!
Here is most of my work,
so you know exactly what you're getting into. Enjoy!
Note: Please know that some of the GIFs may not load or reproduce correctly, and might appear a little (or too!) laggy because of your browser, or computer. This seems to be the case with Google Chrome and Safari, at least in Windows. It's very sad for me to see this happen! Opening them alone in a new tab fixes it - it's not my error
These avatars are made in my own and personal style. They feature a character or creature.
Default avatar size:
Every avatar in the first group below has some animated perk or movement (Sometimes very subtle).
Every avatar in the second group below the first is still and doesn't move.
Click an avatar to go to that person's profile. You can use these avatars, but only with the person's permission!
The rest of my work!:
Gifs / Animations:
These are in a 2:1 ratio
These are in a 3:1 ratio
Dedicated signatures and banners:
-Not taking requests at the time-
There are quite a few things to take into consideration if you, the requester and my "customer", want to be satisfied with my work, and if you want me to take you seriously. I have the right to simply ignore your request if you don't put effort into your post.
- Please be polite, ordered, serious and provide as many details as you can.
- I specialize on Terraria stuff. That is, characters and monsters and landscapes and buildings (But I won't build something for you).
- If you keep things simpler, it will take less time to complete your request and the queue. That doesn't mean you can't ask something complex, though. Be creative. But don't go nuts.
- It's your avatar, so make it as personal as possible: it is for you to enjoy. Be original, and think of fun ideas for it! Again, be creative!
- Since these take work and time to make, and I do them for free, please take a minute to consider if you will really use and appreciate the finished work based on your expectations. It's sad when I make an avatar, then they don't ever use it again after less than a few days! I mean to say that if you don't need an avatar, don't request one.
- I'm not a spriter. Don't ask me to make a sprite for you, or indirectly imply that you want me to. I can only work with provided guidelines and images.
- You must provide exact information of every aspect of the avatar you want (Unless you say you want me to decide for you). Be ordered too, so that your post is legible. Examples or information are: Background, what your character is wearing/holding/what dyes/how big it is, if you want an animation or not (specify what exactly, too), if you want a frame, and any extra detail you might come up with.
- Your avatar can be animated, as I have stated above, but the animation can't be too long (or complex) because of forum limits. Some animations I have to do completely by hand (which is tiring and repetitive sometimes), so I might ask you to change your request if necessary.
- After all is done and you receive your finished request, you can message me, at any moment, if you want to edit something of your avatar. I can change anything! Though depending on my mood and the complexity of the change, I might simply add you to the queue or do it on the fly. To avoid unnecessary extra work, please be sure of your request before you post it, so that you don't have to come
Default avatar size (You can ask for a different size):
Extra guidelines, information, tips and help for smart and curious people:
2. Regarding the amount of information provided: Please, please provide as much information as possible about the way you want your avatar. If I have to ask for more details, it's just stressing. Even how much of a character is shown, and its position on the avatar, can change your view of it. Examples of details are: The size of the avatar (96x96 is default for forums, 186x186 for Steam), the lighting, the size and position of a thing, what background, what time of the day is it, what color is an object (or what color is the dungeon!), how fast should something move...
You can also say that you want me to decide some details for you. I won't make my own decisions unless you tell me to. But remember: If you ask me that, I might do something you like, as much as I might fail at it!
Getting everything right from the start saves me the trouble of having to edit your avatar later. Though if that is the case, it's okay.
3. Regarding my working time: remember that I, the real person working behind the computer, can't spend the entire day working on requests
Again, these avatars take work and time to make, and I do them for free. That is why I want you to be satisfied with it, and for you to enjoy it and for it to be exactly as you want, because it's sad if a person doesn't ever use my avatar again after a few days.
4. Regarding my working methods: Again, I'm not a spriter, but I can tweak an edit existing sprites if necessary. Changing palettes or the colors is totally doable too.
I can give some nice effects to your requests (Transparency, glow, focus and unfocus, and things I come up with at the moment...), which I often decide myself, but you can be all specific about that too
I will reiterate that you should make your request original, personal, fun! Innovative ideas make me very glad to work on requests. I like to see what people can come up with. Also, your avatar is yours to keep, so if you get tired of it after a while, it might be your own fault for requesting the wrong thing. You can always come back for a different one, though. But I sometimes think it was I who did the job wrong (and I may or may not be right), which doesn't feel very good.
Of course and again; small changes to your avatars are always acceptable.
And finally, and most important of all; be creative when requesting, make sure you will enjoy your avatar, and thank you very much for reading!
If you read the contents of this spoiler, also say "I read the extra information" inside your post. I will like you much more if you do
If you liked my work, don't forget to hit that "Like" button! It's motivating
Also, check out my art thread, where I post my Terraria drawings made by pencil