The Paladin's Forum Workshop - Featuring Terraria avatars, now for Steam too!

Samrux

Santa Claus
-A lot of people go here that I haven't listed-

Requests_Closed.png
Banner by @darthmorf

Apologies to Snow Theme users, since I have resorted to white text for this notice:

ImportantNotice2.png

Hot news: Since I've mostly been detached from the forums in general, and Not
Really Making Avatars Anymore, my obvious decision was to close the requests now.
Sorry! I shall return one day, and keep making these things. Thanks for everyone's
support! This thread now remains as the showcase of my old works, for now.

Welcome Terrarians, undead, dryads, toilets, cultists, creatures and everyone else to my little dungeon hole. Months ago, I started taking requests for avatars, signatures, and most importantly GIF animations in Terraria Online, before these forums existed. The first thread ended up with more than 40 likes and 20 pages (truly successful for my first move, in my opinion!).

I've enjoyed making these things so much, was really glad and proud to make people happy, and considered myself (modestly) good at it. Sadly, it became overwhelming quickly, and I had to leave it even with a few requests still up because I couldn't handle so much, and got tired of it. I never came back to it and left it frozen for months.

Now, with the Terraria Community Forums, I am back and glad to give you people all of my work again!

I was the first to ever make Terraria gifs for common use. With time, I inspired a few people to do their own works: avatars, signatures, banners or sprites, some of which even live up to this day. It makes me so glad that I could influence other people!
SamLov
My workshop was the main reason I became kind of well known in TO, establishing my character as The Paladin of Terraria Online while doing so. So I'm even more proud of it all!

After that long, useless introduction, let's finally get to it!

index.php

Here is most of my work,
so you know exactly what you're getting into. Enjoy!

Note: Please know that some of the GIFs may not load or reproduce correctly, and might appear a little (or too!) laggy because of your browser, or computer. This seems to be the case with Google Chrome and Safari, at least in Windows. It's very sad for me to see this happen! Opening them alone in a new tab fixes it - it's not my error

SamShy

These avatars are made in my own and personal style. They feature a character or creature.

Default avatar size:

_SizeForum.png
_SizeSteam.png

Every avatar in the first group below has some animated perk or movement (Sometimes very subtle).
Every avatar in the second group below the first is still and doesn't move.

Click an avatar to go to that person's profile. You can use these avatars, but only with the person's permission!

Steam Avatars:

The rest of my work!:

Gifs / Animations:
Xman-Jump.gif

These are in a 2:1 ratio
SamSml
Milt69466.gif

Fruitbat.gif

ThatOneRobloxHater.gif
Xman-Feelings.gif
MasterSonicRingz-Swing.gif

These are in a 3:1 ratio
SamSml
TehDarkNoob.gif
PPowerSteef.gif
Dish0ut-Bunny.gif
FierceRogue3x.gif
NyanTarts-1.gif
NyanTarts-2.gif
Devinox.gif
Loki-Stab.gif

Others
SamWnk

TheMiniatureShark.gif

VampireKnives.gif

SGJguille.gif
Materite-Maxwell.gif
MasterVictini.gif

Dedicated signatures and banners:
For @Xman101:
Xman101-small.png

Xman101-2.png

For @Coolgerben X:
Coolgerben-Wisp2x.gif
CGX.png
Coolgerben-Swing.gif

For ZV151, related to the Doctor Who series:
Char-Large.png

For @Fruitbat. Second iteration of the signature, bat (and suggestion icons) not included. It also needs a new background:
Fruitbat-Signature2.gif

index.php

How to request

-Not taking requests at the time-

Please read, and pay attention
SamSml

There are quite a few things to take into consideration if you, the requester and my "customer", want to be satisfied with my work, and if you want me to take you seriously. I have the right to simply ignore your request if you don't put effort into your post.

• Please be polite, ordered, serious and provide as many details as you can.
  • I specialize on Terraria stuff. That is, characters and monsters and landscapes and buildings (But I won't build something for you).
  • If you keep things simpler, it will take less time to complete your request and the queue. That doesn't mean you can't ask something complex, though. Be creative. But don't go nuts.
  • It's your avatar, so make it as personal as possible: it is for you to enjoy. Be original, and think of fun ideas for it! Again, be creative!
  • Since these take work and time to make, and I do them for free, please take a minute to consider if you will really use and appreciate the finished work based on your expectations. It's sad when I make an avatar, then they don't ever use it again after less than a few days! I mean to say that if you don't need an avatar, don't request one.
  • I'm not a spriter. Don't ask me to make a sprite for you, or indirectly imply that you want me to. I can only work with provided guidelines and images.
  • You must provide exact information of every aspect of the avatar you want (Unless you say you want me to decide for you). Be ordered too, so that your post is legible. Examples or information are: Background, what your character is wearing/holding/what dyes/how big it is, if you want an animation or not (specify what exactly, too), if you want a frame, and any extra detail you might come up with.
  • Your avatar can be animated, as I have stated above, but the animation can't be too long (or complex) because of forum limits. Some animations I have to do completely by hand (which is tiring and repetitive sometimes), so I might ask you to change your request if necessary.
  • After all is done and you receive your finished request, you can message me, at any moment, if you want to edit something of your avatar. I can change anything! Though depending on my mood and the complexity of the change, I might simply add you to the queue or do it on the fly. To avoid unnecessary extra work, please be sure of your request before you post it, so that you don't have to come
If you read and understood the guidelines above, please say in your post: "I read the "How to Request" section". If you don't write it in your post, I will know you didn't, and that will speak very badly of you.

Default avatar size (You can ask for a different size):

_SizeForum.png
_SizeSteam.png

Extra guidelines, information, tips and help for smart and curious people:
1. Regarding your characters: You must specify the vanity, accessories, visible colors and dyes of your character. You may also provide me with a download for your character file, if you want to be totally sure. If you can't, don't want to, or don't know how, just use the other method. Posting an image alone usually won't be enough, but you can provide an image for extra reference.

2. Regarding the amount of information provided: Please, please provide as much information as possible about the way you want your avatar. If I have to ask for more details, it's just stressing. Even how much of a character is shown, and its position on the avatar, can change your view of it. Examples of details are: The size of the avatar (96x96 is default for forums, 186x186 for Steam), the lighting, the size and position of a thing, what background, what time of the day is it, what color is an object (or what color is the dungeon!), how fast should something move...
You can also say that you want me to decide some details for you. I won't make my own decisions unless you tell me to. But remember: If you ask me that, I might do something you like, as much as I might fail at it!
Getting everything right from the start saves me the trouble of having to edit your avatar later. Though if that is the case, it's okay.

3. Regarding my working time: remember that I, the real person working behind the computer, can't spend the entire day working on requests
SamSig
. Sometimes it's fun for me to do, sometimes it's tiring and might feel like a chore, as each avatar can take from 15 minutes to several hours (Though I try to avoid that). I might also prefer to make simple requests first, as they are more... relaxing, and I can do them quickly between other tasks or in succession. If you think I'm delaying your request too much or am taking too much time, please don't hesitate to tell me! Don't be shy. You can tell me to hurry.
Again, these avatars take work and time to make, and I do them for free. That is why I want you to be satisfied with it, and for you to enjoy it and for it to be exactly as you want, because it's sad if a person doesn't ever use my avatar again after a few days.

4. Regarding my working methods: Again, I'm not a spriter, but I can tweak an edit existing sprites if necessary. Changing palettes or the colors is totally doable too.
I can give some nice effects to your requests (Transparency, glow, focus and unfocus, and things I come up with at the moment...), which I often decide myself, but you can be all specific about that too
SamWnk
. Some things I can't do. Some things I can learn. Other things I can easily do. So feel free to ask. If I can't do something you asked, I'll tell you.
I will reiterate that you should make your request original, personal, fun! Innovative ideas make me very glad to work on requests. I like to see what people can come up with. Also, your avatar is yours to keep, so if you get tired of it after a while, it might be your own fault for requesting the wrong thing. You can always come back for a different one, though. But I sometimes think it was I who did the job wrong (and I may or may not be right), which doesn't feel very good.
Of course and again; small changes to your avatars are always acceptable.

And finally, and most important of all; be creative when requesting, make sure you will enjoy your avatar, and thank you very much for reading!

If you read the contents of this spoiler, also say "I read the extra information" inside your post. I will like you much more if you do
SamTng

index.php

Thanks for coming!

If you liked my work, don't forget to hit that "Like" button! It's motivating
SamShy

Also, check out my art thread, where I post my Terraria drawings made by pencil
SamHpy

Last edited:
Ha first request!

Could you please make a signature using this image
hunrm1n.png

Make it roll across a long rectangle
Also, the edges of the rectangle should probably be rounded, to make it more aesthetically pleasing.
Thanks in advance!

you need suggestions?
i don't have much to ask now, but can you edit my gif that it wears the fire gauntlet? i forgot to mention that
i can give full detail if you need it again

Yay! Glad you've made this again! You inspired me to make a workshop of my own. I'll be looking forward to requests opening. Alhtough, you may get even more than you did at TO; you're the only one here who does animations!

Yay! Glad you've made this again! You inspired me to make a workshop of my own. I'll be looking forward to requests opening. Alhtough, you may get even more than you did at TO; you're the only one here who does animations!

Thank you
SamHpy

And yes! That is both a blessing and a disgrace. When I open it again, I'll do my best. I will probably start "slow" this time, too. You'll see.

Last edited:
Oh! This thread, again!

Will request something whenever available!

Which reminds me, don't you have pending requests?

Oh! This thread, again!

Will request something whenever available!

Which reminds me, don't you have pending requests?
I did. 5 of them, all complex, but were posted so long ago that I don't think it's worth to move them here. Those people probably don't really want or need them anymore. I'm starting from scratch!

Hey! You revived it! Cool! But take it slow this time...Don't get overwhelmed! :D
I will, thank you
SamHpy

Last edited:
The Workshop is open! Sooner than I expected.

But I'll only be making avatars for now! Try to keep it simple though. I'm the most comfortable making my own style of avatars.

I'm going so small at first to make sure I'll be able to catch up for the first few days. I'm also making drawings at the moment, so it's even more work.
...By the way, go check my drawings here.

The Workshop is open! Sooner than I expected.

But I'll only be making avatars for now! Try to keep it simple though. I'm the most comfortable making my own style of avatars.

Nice! I'm not going to request yet, but will soon!

Yay! I was wondering if you could please make me an avatar of a wisp standing infront of a dungeon. thanks! :)

In front of the entrance of the dungeon? What color? Do you want the wisp to be the default one? Should it be animated, as the wisp in my avatar? Day or night? SIZE (96x96 is recommended)?

That's some things you got to specify, people
SamTng

Last edited:
In front of the entrance of the dungeon? What color? Do you want the wisp to be the default one? Should it be animated, as the wisp in my avatar? Day or night?

That's some things you got to specify, people :p
I'm Sorry, guees i shoulda been more specific, anyways, infront of the underground dungeon, cyan wisp, an animated default wisp & i don't thing day or night matters...but ill chose night :)

Back
Top Bottom