NPCs & Enemies The Party Animal - A Post Queen Bee Boss for the Party Event

Fortanono 🌳

Retinazer
This isn't as stupid as it sounds. I've been disappointed as of late that Terraria didn't add any pre-HM bosses in 1.3 like they did with 1.2 until the 1.3.4 Old One's Army event. (Old news, but I haven't been here since 2016, don't blame me!) The Party Event is also really underwhelming. Just a few more things that the Party Girl sells and some other NPC maybe too. (Clothier, always forgotten...) But it doesn't have to be this way. I've come up with a boss that can solve both of these things pretty easily. Introducing the Party Animal!

First off,

If the Terraria Devs ever want to take this suggestion (fat chance), they are free to and I will fill out all necessary paperwork to allow them to do so. They can contact me at the email I signed up for the forum with. All sprites I have made for this (so far) are recolors of their own. This is done because I can't sprite, but also because sprites often make suggestions harder to implement when art rights and such are involved. If implemented, I would assume new sprites would be a thing. Once again, I would love to see this in the game.

But thaaaat's never gonna happen. Maybe a mod with a spriter. So let's jump right into it.

Y76QiIN.png

Honeyed Ale
Consumable
Summons the Party Animal
Only usable in a town during a Party
Crafted: 1 Bee Wax at a Keg. It's a post-Queen Bee boss, probably the second hardest in pre-Hardmode

Oh, and that's right, you have to fight him in a town. Taking him out of town makes him disappear in a burst of confetti. So if you've wanted that Paintball Gun to fight the Dungeon Guardian with (11% crit chance? No ammo?), ya best get fightin'!

THE FIGHT

Stats:

HP: 6800/8590
Damage: 37/65 contact. 28/53 homing balloons. 50/75 balloon core contact. All attacks are reduced by half damage when hitting NPCs in both modes.
Defense: 9/18

Considering you're fighting this guy at home plate, there are a few precautions. First off, the NPCs won't fight with you, and also at the beginning you're inflicted with the Drunken Nurse debuff. This gives her a few questionable quotes and makes her unable to heal you, but she'll take your money anyway. Anyway, the fight.

I feel like we personally don't have enough grounded fights in Terraria, and the reason is obvious. But for this fight, I am going for the method of creating a grounded fight that the Solar Pillars used. Crawltipedes. Or rather, things like them. The Party Animal is basically a giant, bright pink grizzly bear wearing sunglasses. He's accompanied, however, by three invincible Balloon Cores: one pink, one blue, one green. If the Party Animal is unable to reach you for whatever reason, be it blocks, flying or you being on another platform from him, they will shoot homing balloons, much like Skeletron's skulls. Except, they can go through blocks. So watch out. They can, however, be destroyed; they have thirty health each. But they'll overwhelm you really quickly. He can also teleport in a burst of confetti, and go through vertical blocks.

So let's recap. The Party Animal is a fuchsia bear with shades, grounded, surrounded by three Balloon Cores that shoot homing balloons if you fly or are on platforms above him. That's 5 cores in Expert Mode, BTW: one more orange-yellow, and one purple. The fight consists of a few attacks. He can charge you like the Queen Bee, but again, grounded. He can also jump really high, much more so than King Slime, to try and pounce on you. Finally. he can open his mouth and vomit out a few confetti grenades OR, alternatively, a stream of confetti. Being in confetti in this fight slows you down, like you're in a Sandstorm or something, including when he teleports, but no damage from them. Confetti attacks are always immediately followed up by a charging attack.

He doesn't have a second phase per se, but in Expert Mode, this boss battle does get a bit harder. Just not for you. At 15% health, the Party Animal's Balloon Cores begin to target NPCs. Like, directly. If all NPCs are killed, party time is over, and he, again, despawns. But hey, you can fly around with your rocket boots now!

After killing him, he drops the following potential items:
  • One of the following 5 will always drop:
  • Party Plate (3) 20%
  • Balloon Harpoon 20%
  • Confetti Storm 20%
  • Animal Staff 20%
  • The Rowdy Glove 20%
  • 50% chance for one of the two of these to drop:
  • Balloon Bulb 25%
  • Shiny Red Balloon 25%
  • Party Animal Trophy - 10%
  • Party Animal Mask - 14.92%
  • Balloon Floater - 100% (Expert Mode only)

THE LOOT

RCXB5Yb.png

Party Plate
29 melee damage
14 use time
Stacks up to 3
Basically a weaker Light Disc. 3 can be stacked at a time.

yUgwbfw.png

Balloon Harpoon
33 ranged damage
29 use time
Basically a Harpoon that launches a long balloon-spear. Instead of being affected by gravity, the balloon-spear floats upward until its chain is extended all the way or it hits a block. Slightly longer chain than a Harpoon.

IrOecxa.png

Confetti Storm

12 magic damage
9 use time
Uses 4 mana
A pre-Hardmode version of the Crystal Storm. Rapid-fires bits of confetti at people.

6fsZ90Y.png

Animal Staff
23 summon damage
Summons a grounded Party Animal to fight for you. His fur sheds balloons that fly upwards for a short distance and fly upwards a bit for extra damage.

z7WSNZY.png

The Rowdy Glove
30 thrown damage
19 use time
Upgrade to the Ale Tosser. Throws Ale at enemies at a relatively fast pace.

Balloon Bulb
Light pet
Summons a glowing party balloon to light the way
The balloon can be either green, pink or blue

Shiny Red Balloon
Yes, that one. Makes Bundles of Balloons easier to get.

mAPwqPW.png

Balloon Floater
25 ranged damage
Equipable
Accessory
Summons balloons to fly directly above you and damage enemies that are on top of you directly.

Any thoughts? Also, if we could get a dedicated spriter in here, that would be great. :p

Last edited:
Reserved. You never know if you'll need a second post in your own thread!

By the way, if anyone has ideas for accessories or equipment drops I could add to his table, by all means, tell me! Currently exploring options for a light pet.

maybe make it post-skeletron, since i'm pretty sure that queen bee isn't a mandatory boss.
Neither of them have bosses that require their defeat, actually. The Dungeon requires Skeletron, but yeah. Just wanted to be different from the other suggestions, and bears like honey, so. :p

Any other thoughts on the content?

I think you should change the name of the Honeyed Ale to some sort of mead, since that's the name of alcohol made of honey.
The Partisan Bribe is kinda useless with that one furniture item the Party Girl sells that instantly starts a party. Forgot the name of it though.
Besides that this suggestion is actually really well-made and well thought out! The sprites could use a bit of work, but that's understandable as not everyone is artistically inclined from the get-go (trust me i know this from experience).

Oh, didn't know there was already a furniture item that started one. :p

Fair enough with the ale, just wanted a name that made the point about honey because it's a bear. And as for sprites, I just wanted the suggestion to have them to catch people's eyes better, just for the sake of getting more people to read it. I really need better ones, haha.

Neither of them have bosses that require their defeat, actually. The Dungeon requires Skeletron, but yeah. Just wanted to be different from the other suggestions, and bears like honey, so. :p

Any other thoughts on the content?
The cultists don't spawm pre skele because that's mean to the old man

Ok, feedback.
1. 1 beeswax is not alot
2. Does it drop a trophy at 10%, a mask at 1/7, a few gold, and healing potions?
3. Sounds like a good time to get practical shiny red balloons

The cultists don't spawm pre skele because that's mean to the old man

Ok, feedback.
1. 1 beeswax is not alot
2. Does it drop a trophy at 10%, a mask at 1/7, a few gold, and healing potions?
3. Sounds like a good time to get practical shiny red balloons
Beating the Bee over and over again would be annoying if you fail a lot, plus, Beenades are a thing and are super useful.

Yes, I thought I included the former two in the drop table. But I forgot bosses dropped healing potions.

Pardon on the third one? Don't really understand.

Beating the Bee over and over again would be annoying if you fail a lot, plus, Beenades are a thing and are super useful.

Yes, I thought I included the former two in the drop table. But I forgot bosses dropped healing potions.

Pardon on the third one? Don't really understand.
I mean if it dropped shiny red balloons or they were sold post party animal it would eliminate the absurdity of the bundle of balloons

Will it look like a giant Balloon animal, a pinata, or a combination.
Also I suggest adding balloon blocks to his loot pool, if it is a balloon, then you should definitely add the balloons to the loot pool.

Will it look like a giant Balloon animal, a pinata, or a combination.
Also I suggest adding balloon blocks to his loot pool, if it is a balloon, then you should definitely add the balloons to the loot pool.
It's like a giant pink bear. But I do like the pinata idea now that you mention it.

Here take more fortnite cringe, this is the only thing I can think of when I here piñata, I didn’t make this, thank god
upload_2018-11-26_8-54-3.png

Back
Top Bottom