This isn't as stupid as it sounds. I've been disappointed as of late that Terraria didn't add any pre-HM bosses in 1.3 like they did with 1.2 until the 1.3.4 Old One's Army event. (Old news, but I haven't been here since 2016, don't blame me!) The Party Event is also really underwhelming. Just a few more things that the Party Girl sells and some other NPC maybe too. (Clothier, always forgotten...) But it doesn't have to be this way. I've come up with a boss that can solve both of these things pretty easily. Introducing the Party Animal! First off, If the Terraria Devs ever want to take this suggestion (fat chance), they are free to and I will fill out all necessary paperwork to allow them to do so. They can contact me at the email I signed up for the forum with. All sprites I have made for this (so far) are recolors of their own. This is done because I can't sprite, but also because sprites often make suggestions harder to implement when art rights and such are involved. If implemented, I would assume new sprites would be a thing. Once again, I would love to see this in the game. But thaaaat's never gonna happen. Maybe a mod with a spriter. So let's jump right into it. Honeyed Ale Consumable Summons the Party Animal Only usable in a town during a Party Crafted: 1 Bee Wax at a Keg. It's a post-Queen Bee boss, probably the second hardest in pre-Hardmode Oh, and that's right, you have to fight him in a town. Taking him out of town makes him disappear in a burst of confetti. So if you've wanted that Paintball Gun to fight the Dungeon Guardian with (11% crit chance? No ammo?), ya best get fightin'! THE FIGHT Stats: HP: 6800/8590 Damage: 37/65 contact. 28/53 homing balloons. 50/75 balloon core contact. All attacks are reduced by half damage when hitting NPCs in both modes. Defense: 9/18 Considering you're fighting this guy at home plate, there are a few precautions. First off, the NPCs won't fight with you, and also at the beginning you're inflicted with the Drunken Nurse debuff. This gives her a few questionable quotes and makes her unable to heal you, but she'll take your money anyway. Anyway, the fight. I feel like we personally don't have enough grounded fights in Terraria, and the reason is obvious. But for this fight, I am going for the method of creating a grounded fight that the Solar Pillars used. Crawltipedes. Or rather, things like them. The Party Animal is basically a giant, bright pink grizzly bear wearing sunglasses. He's accompanied, however, by three invincible Balloon Cores: one pink, one blue, one green. If the Party Animal is unable to reach you for whatever reason, be it blocks, flying or you being on another platform from him, they will shoot homing balloons, much like Skeletron's skulls. Except, they can go through blocks. So watch out. They can, however, be destroyed; they have thirty health each. But they'll overwhelm you really quickly. He can also teleport in a burst of confetti, and go through vertical blocks. So let's recap. The Party Animal is a fuchsia bear with shades, grounded, surrounded by three Balloon Cores that shoot homing balloons if you fly or are on platforms above him. That's 5 cores in Expert Mode, BTW: one more orange-yellow, and one purple. The fight consists of a few attacks. He can charge you like the Queen Bee, but again, grounded. He can also jump really high, much more so than King Slime, to try and pounce on you. Finally. he can open his mouth and vomit out a few confetti grenades OR, alternatively, a stream of confetti. Being in confetti in this fight slows you down, like you're in a Sandstorm or something, including when he teleports, but no damage from them. Confetti attacks are always immediately followed up by a charging attack. He doesn't have a second phase per se, but in Expert Mode, this boss battle does get a bit harder. Just not for you. At 15% health, the Party Animal's Balloon Cores begin to target NPCs. Like, directly. If all NPCs are killed, party time is over, and he, again, despawns. But hey, you can fly around with your rocket boots now! After killing him, he drops the following potential items: One of the following 5 will always drop: Party Plate (3) 20% Balloon Harpoon 20% Confetti Storm 20% Animal Staff 20% The Rowdy Glove 20% 50% chance for one of the two of these to drop: Balloon Bulb 25% Shiny Red Balloon 25% Party Animal Trophy - 10% Party Animal Mask - 14.92% Balloon Floater - 100% (Expert Mode only) THE LOOT Party Plate 29 melee damage 14 use time Stacks up to 3 Basically a weaker Light Disc. 3 can be stacked at a time. Balloon Harpoon 33 ranged damage 29 use time Basically a Harpoon that launches a long balloon-spear. Instead of being affected by gravity, the balloon-spear floats upward until its chain is extended all the way or it hits a block. Slightly longer chain than a Harpoon. Confetti Storm 12 magic damage 9 use time Uses 4 mana A pre-Hardmode version of the Crystal Storm. Rapid-fires bits of confetti at people. Animal Staff 23 summon damage Summons a grounded Party Animal to fight for you. His fur sheds balloons that fly upwards for a short distance and fly upwards a bit for extra damage. The Rowdy Glove 30 thrown damage 19 use time Upgrade to the Ale Tosser. Throws Ale at enemies at a relatively fast pace. Balloon Bulb Light pet Summons a glowing party balloon to light the way The balloon can be either green, pink or blue Shiny Red Balloon Yes, that one. Makes Bundles of Balloons easier to get. Balloon Floater 25 ranged damage Equipable Accessory Summons balloons to fly directly above you and damage enemies that are on top of you directly. Any thoughts? Also, if we could get a dedicated spriter in here, that would be great.