The Passing of an Icon: Leinfors

I never had a bad experience with Leinfors

He was kind, understanding, knowledgeable and inclusive, his active participation in the community was something rare for game developers.

His sudden death has left a scar on the community that won't heal for any amount of time

Rest in peace Lein, I'll miss your presence

View attachment 400042

There will be no State of the Game this month. It was scheduled to go live today, but obviously, this is not the time. We will fill everyone in on what's going on next month. Please feel free to ask any questions, share memories of Leinfors, or just to grieve together here in this thread.

We love you all - thanks for your support in this devastating time.​
So long buddy.

Rest in piece, Leinfors, you will stay in our hearts.

-Glasia 🇩🇪 🇳🇱 🟢 ⚫ 🟣

P.S. Make leinfors vanity rarity 11 in the next update

Damn, don't even really know what sort of words to even say, but I'll try my best. Not going to pretend like him and I were particularly close of course, or that I knew him outside of this community, so I don't have a right to speak of him as if we were friends. However, given the work we did in various betas and from moderation and based on our interactions, I always felt like he was somewhat of a kindred spirit. Of course we butt heads several times, had disagreements, and opposing views on certain things...

But it was refreshing. It was a nice change of pace, seeing someone so passionately defending their views, their beliefs, their MOs. It was always enlightening to debate with him, to have someone so well-spoken share their thoughts on matters. I thoroughly enjoyed every one of our discussions because I always felt like I went away having learned something, one way or another. He always stood by what he believed in, and I could tell that deep down, he was earnest and honest in the stances he took. I could tell that he took his various duties in life seriously, always putting in the work, the steps, the extra effort to make sure everything he did was 110%. To see him go from community member, to moderator, to an official QA position for a company and game he loved so much was both heartwarming and inspiring. And then from there to go even further beyond, learning to code to contribute everywhere he could.

Between that and his continued dedication to keeping order in the chaos that this forum sometimes is, it seemed obvious to me that he loved this game and its community with his whole heart. The effort and passion he put into both the game and its community has changed both of them for the better, and they owe a lot to his presence; I'm glad this community loves him as much as he loved it.

Life is too short sometimes, and some of the best people get taken way too soon. Rest in peace, dude. Know we didn't always have the best interactions, but it would have been nice to chill outside of work and chat about things both important or otherwise. Rest easy knowing your efforts contributed to and will be immortalized in one of the greatest games of all time. You did it, you beautiful legend.

Truly a core member of the team and his passing will be felt for weeks, even months to come. He was an extraordinary character who left a lasting impact on the development process, game itself and the team and even just random people in passing who asked him questions on the Discord or forum. A friend to all and just out to live his best life and make others better.

From answering questions to using artists gift arts as profile avatars he did it all and was easily the most approachable person on the team. I never really got the chance to get to know him as well as some of the others but what I did experience with him was always a joy.

Don't really have anything to really say myself, but I felt like I should at least give this some kind of acknowledgement here.
Unfortunate that this happened.

I did not know Leinfors well but he was always a familiar and friendly face to see both on and outside of the forums - it's a shock and a tragedy that he passed away at his age. He will be missed, my condolences to his family and friends.

View attachment 400042

There will be no State of the Game this month. It was scheduled to go live today, but obviously, this is not the time. We will fill everyone in on what's going on next month. Please feel free to ask any questions, share memories of Leinfors, or just to grieve together here in this thread.

View attachment 400042

We love you all - thanks for your support in this devastating time. L​

View attachment 400042

This almost made my cry when I read this... Leinfors once gave me the honor of having a two hour long Discord DM conversation about Terraria's game design, game balance, and QA as a whole, which was a dream come true for a then Terraria fanatic like myself, and from that moment on, I respected him a lot more than I do most. He was a witty and insightful guy, and treated me less like a customer or fan and more like a friend to converse with. This wasn't just for me either. He treated the entire community, despite how chaotic we Terrarians are, as friends, not as a customer base, and made a lot of us feel special and individual. He had a huge impact for a lot of us and I hope many more fans appreciate him as much as I do. But I doubt there were many who appreciate him as much as his friends and family, including those as Re-Logic. I hope the Parkers and Re-Logic are doing well, and give my fullest condolences to all of them.

Thank you, Jason, for what you've done for all of us. Rest in peace, you absolute legend.

After taking the time to read through each of the replies which have been posted thus far, I first must say that in spite of having never interacted with the man myself, my wholehearted condolences nevertheless go out to each & every one of Jason's relatives, close friends, and associates who all knew him in life. To all those mourning his passing, I know that for all of the sympathetic writing I could possibly put forth, there is not a single thing I could say which would alleviate the grief you all bear. The hole left behind by the loss of one loved will heal only in scars which we carry unto our graves, and said scars are ever-present reminders that the deceased live on forevermore in memory.

May Jason find peace everlasting within the great unknown. I may not have known him for as much as I would've loved to, but based upon what those close to him have stated, alongside my own personal observations within the short time I've been around here, I feel it is obvious to assume that he was one who truly loved his fellow people, and that wherever he may be, whatever state of existence he's passed on into, he is still smiling upon you all.

Jason Parker, Leinfors, whatever you would've preferred to been known by, know that when I eventually pass over myself, I'll be sure to raise a glass with you then! Till' that point, however......fly high...

I completely understand that it may be too soon in asking this, and it is by no means my intention to disrespect Jason's passing in any way, but what exactly was the cause? I find it both odd & concerning that someone as young as him (36) passed away seemingly so suddenly, but as also said, I understand it is especially not within my right to be asking this (having not known him much myself); but for those who bear the knowledge on what happened, only when you're comfortable sharing, I feel the general community at large would appreciate knowing what exactly happened to someone so well-respected here.

Best regards...

EDIT:

So I did a little digging, and found a reply to the official Reddit post from a user claiming to be Jason's sister (Not confirmed, but very likely):

Screenshot (3215).png

He didn't suffer in the end, at the very least...

Last edited:
There are two memorable direct interactions I had with Leinfors, which I thought I'd share here.

The first was back in late 2020 regarding the effects of iframes on the Super Star Shooter's DPS, which directly resulted in changes to its damage and use time in 1.4.1.2:

The second was just last November, when I made a joke suggestion to add a Poo Boss, and he found it humorous:

Rest easy, Jason. May peace find your family, friends, and fans.

… I didn't interact wit♄ ♄im all t♄at muc♄ (replied to a few of ♄is tweets but I t♄ink t♄at's it) but t♄is still ♄its pretty ♄ard.

May ♄is soul rest easy and in peace.
Condolences to his family, bot♄ the usual family and the Re-Logic family.

As curious as I am as to ♄ow ♄e passed, I feel t♄at inquiring would be disrespectful, so I s♄an't.

(Yes, I'm using the symbol for Saturn ♄ instead of "h". I think ♄is avatar/profile pic at Twitter used to be a purple version of it or somet♄ing, but I could be mistaken.)

Back
Top Bottom